Can a bailiff tow away a car that isnt mine?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All, quick question - Can a bailiff tow away a car that isn't yours?

To elaborate, bailiff "levied" the vehicle before, but OOT Stat Dec was filed, and was instructed by Local Authority to hold off action. In the meantime, vehicle was sold, but left at same address. Stat Dec was refused and LA instructed bailiff to commence action.

Bailiff maintained vehicle will be towed away even though he was shown new V5 document with reg keeper details, and DVLA letter stating previous reg keeper has been transferred.

Bailiff claims that as vehicle had been "levied" before sale, they are the legal owner, and therefore have a right to take it.

Hi,

Think you'll get help in the Bailiff Forum, I'll shift this thread there.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Jamberson you are, unsurprisingly, correct. That was why I asked for a timescale. And if the levy was challenged. I am curious about the out of time stat dec.

Best wishes.

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
tie poo

Hello All, quick question - Can a bailiff tow away a car that isn't yours?

To elaborate, bailiff "levied" the vehicle before, but OOT Stat Dec was filed, and was instructed by Local Authority to hold off action. In the meantime, vehicle was sold, but left at same address. Stat Dec was refused and LA instructed bailiff to commence action.

Bailiff maintained vehicle will be towed away even though he was shown new V5 document with reg keeper details, and DVLA letter stating previous reg keeper has been transferred.

Bailiff claims that as vehicle had been "levied" before sale, they are the legal owner, and therefore have a right to take it.

If the bailiff had levied upon the car BEFORE filing an OOT then in the eyes of the law, the bailiff has seized the car and to transfer it or worse still to sell it is illegal.

Most importantly, WHY have you not appealed the refusal of you stat dec?

If it simply stunning the amount of people who are accepting that their OTT has been rejected and they do NOTHING further.

It is becoming very clear that many bailiff companies are being allowed to deal with OTT on behalf of the relevant local authority and naturally....they wil REJECT the application. What is most serious is that if a "local authority" reject an OTT, then TEC Court Officer.......does the same and would appear to merely rubber stamp rejections.

For this reason, it is important that you pay a fee of £75 to appeal....in particular if all statutory documents had been sent to a previous address.

On what grounds did you file an OOT?

hi kbdavies, I understand TT is having a bit of difficulty with PMs at present. Unfortunately, however, I don't have alternative means to contact her.

I understand if there are details you feel too personal to discuss in open forum, however, please consider that there may be others in a similar situation to you and wanting to learn also. That said, of course, you shouldn't post anything that will identify you. Your new friends read this forum too!

If you still feel you can't post then my only suggestion would be for you to click on the red triangle [bottom left of any post here] and send a message to the Site Team to see if they can forward a message for you.

Best wishes.

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
type o

hi kbdavies, I understand TT is having a bit of difficulty with PMs at present. Unfortunately, however, I don't have alternative means to contact her.

I understand if there are details you feel too personal to discuss in open forum, however, please consider that there may be others in a similar situation to you and wanting to learn also. That said, of course, you shouldn't post anything that will identify you. Your new friends read this forum too!

If you still feel you can't post then my only suggestion would be for you to click on the red triangle [bottom left of any post here] and send a message to the Site Team to see if they can forward a message for you.

Best wishes.

Rae.

Thank you Rae.

No I do not have a PM facility.

I am trying to ascertain the grounds for filing an N244.

Hello TT, it all a bit complicated to explain in writing. It may be a bit long winded. Is there any other way to reach you? Do you offer a proffesional service? Plaese let me know asap.

Hello TT, it all a bit complicated to explain in writing. It may be a bit long winded. Is there any other way to reach you? Do you offer a proffesional service? Plaese let me know asap.

We have a company advising the public with bailiff advice. We are not allowed to advertise details on CAG.