• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

council applied to evict me - rent arrears

mcjordi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i posted this over on letting board but didn't realise there's a repossession section.

arrears applied for £512.13 plus costs £169.50

actual arrears at the time of court were £456 odd (housing benefit for that week hadnt been deducted)

i pay 6.12 water rates atm plus some off the arrears.

the court set a hearing date of 23-02-2010 which i didnt attend to do being ill with my bad back (stupidly i didnt tell the court or phone the doctor), but i have advised the court that my medical records show i have scolosis of the spine.

council were given 28 day posession order (they told me they were going for a suspended one, which from the paper work that was sent after i filled in my defence/i+e sheet said order approved district judge on the bottom ( this was for a suspended order) - apparently the 28 day thing was down to me not attending

i have since got the arrears down to £432.73 which will be lower when the next hearing comes around (if i get one).

i have filled in the n244 form for another hearing saying i couldnt attend for being ill, arrears have been reduced etc.

how long is it for another hearing (the 28day order runs out 23rd march 2010)

are my chances good for a suspended possesion order?

my arrears were from being a student and either eating/living or paying the rent that week - i chose the eating/living.

i get income support with a disability addition and am happy for the council/housing association to take it direct from my money.

i don't know what i will do if i have to give up possession to them, i will have nowhere to go.

any help appreciated

Hi there, provided you can prove you are in a position to pay off the arrears in a reasonable time, I can see no reason why you shouldn't get the possession order suspended.

Did you send an application to the court asking for the hearing and if so did you write a statement detailing your situation? Are they aware you get a disability allowance? If not, I can help you draft a statement to take to court before the hearing.

You might get someone to help/represent you at the hearing if you contact Shelter Shelter England - Eviction, they're not just for homeless people - they help with council possession claims too.

Ell-enn

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi yes i sent in the n244 form and statement saying why arrears accured etc.. and why a suspended order should be given..

i havent said that i get a disabled allowance (i should of mentioned it) argghh..

i have the hearing on 26th march as i couldnt attend the first one due to illness..

i have also said that the arrears should be clear in less than 18 months hopefully sooner.

i attached a budget sheet aswell

You've certainly done all the right things. Just to put your mind at rest give Shelter a call on Monday and see if they have any further advice.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

The arrears are comparatively small so it seems a bit off of the Local Authority to take possession action. Had you made and then broken previous agreements for repayments?

I cant see a judge giving the council possession for such a small amount.

Have you got it in writing that they were going to get a suspended order as opposed to a 28 day outright order?

If so, they may have already gone against their own policy and as a council, that could potentially leave them open to a public law defence of unreasonableness (under Human Rights Act).

Find out who runs the court desk at the court and go and see them as a public law defence is a bit complex. Desk could be run by CAB, Shelter, local solicitor or local law centre. As you are on IS, you should be able to get legal aid.

If you have a disability, you may well be priority homeless (although arrears wont help your case ) and so, logically, there is little point in the council throwing you out as you could well end up back with them for housing.

from what i have been told by the local estates officer that they judge normally gives the 28 day order if the tenant doesnt turn up at court for the initial hearing..

i know one of my now ex neighbours owed close to £1000 rent she got her possession suspended (im not sure if she went to the hearing or not) well she didnt pay and was evicted

from what i have been told by the local estates officer that they judge normally gives the 28 day order if the tenant doesnt turn up at court for the initial hearing..

i know one of my now ex neighbours owed close to £1000 rent she got her possession suspended (im not sure if she went to the hearing or not) well she didnt pay and was evicted

That's generally true yes although if the council told you they would suspend, then they should have got a suspended order.

As long as you keep up any agreed payment plan, then all should be well.

next hearing is fast approaching...

i can get the arrears down to less than £400 no problems before the hearing. this should show im taking it seriously

For arrears of just a few hundred, the judge can actually adjourn on terms (that you pay weekly rent plus £3.25 off the arrears) and not give any sort of possession order.

Even if he wont do that, he can give a Postponed Possession Order instead of a Suspended Possession Order. The difference is that with a PPO, the council have to go back to court and the court decides next steps so the council cannot go straight for the eviction order if you fail to meet a future payment, as they can with an SPO.

The relevant caselaw is Woodspring v Taylor.

Costs are likely to be £169.50 which will need to be paid back from the agreed £3.25, however, the judge may decide its disproportionate for the council to pursue the claim and chuck it out.

All depends on the judge. The duty adviser will be best placed to advise as they will know how each judge at that particular court operates.

• Haha 1

so outright eviction is unlikely??

i would be happy with either a ppo or a spo as the arrears would be paid off.

and many thanks for the case law ill use it at court

On what you've told us, hugely unlikely.

You shouldn't really settle for an SPO. With a secure tenancy you should get a PPO or have it adjourned on terms, if they continue with the case at all that is.

I was once taken to court over £1000 rent arrears with a housing association. It had been an almighty screw up with housing benefit who had lost my forms.

3 days before the court date my auntie lent me the cash to pay them, which I did, completely up to date but they insisted on keeping the court appearance.

When we got in the court room, they asked the judge to still grant a suspended eviction. He looked at them like they were mad and then asked them if they were actually asking him to grant a suspension order 'in case I missed a payment' to which they said yes.

He said absolutely not and dismissed the case before wishing me a good day and asking me to leave the court. He then gave the housing association officer a gobful lol.

As it was the MP got involved shortly after and made HB pay up the backdated cash, so I paid my auntie back quite quickly :)

I know its not relevant to you but I thought it might make you smile, and I hope for a good outcome for you :)

I was once taken to court over £1000 rent arrears with a housing association. It had been an almighty screw up with housing benefit who had lost my forms.

3 days before the court date my auntie lent me the cash to pay them, which I did, completely up to date but they insisted on keeping the court appearance.

When we got in the court room, they asked the judge to still grant a suspended eviction. He looked at them like they were mad and then asked them if they were actually asking him to grant a suspension order 'in case I missed a payment' to which they said yes.

He said absolutely not and dismissed the case before wishing me a good day and asking me to leave the court. He then gave the housing association officer a gobful lol.

As it was the MP got involved shortly after and made HB pay up the backdated cash, so I paid my auntie back quite quickly :)

I know its not relevant to you but I thought it might make you smile, and I hope for a good outcome for you :)

Now that's what a call a good judge.

Your tenancy was probably not as secure as mcjordi and so if he finds a judge with a similar attitude, all will be good.