Big Naughty

Egg CCA response - without prejudice statement!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3551 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Some of you may remember me from other threads. This time its EGG!

This thread relates to a credit card from Egg I started in 2001.

For various reasons I have not kept up the minimum payments and there is now an outstanding ballance of about £3000 that I have no chance of paying.

I had a Default Notice from them in December last year. Following that I have had the usual DCA 'threatosnottagarams' from Collect Direct.

I have of course responded with Account In Dispute letters, and a CCA request. They responded to the CCA on the 12th of January, with what CAGers refer to as the "We will tell you from time to time the Approval Limit" agreement that is exactly the same as on other threads, and other threads are suggesting is unenforceable along with the standard print off of their standard T&Cs!

On the 1st of February (this month) I received a "Your Egg Card agreement has been terminated" letter from them.

Yesterday I received a long letter from them entitled "You Complaint".

It states that Egg have taken legal advice on the points I have raised, and are now saying they dissagree specifically with the following for example:

1 - They have complied with section 61 of CCA74 including all the T&Cs. But then they say at the end that my signature is on Page 2 of the 'agreement'. None of what they state is on page 2 of what they sent me!

2 - The credit agreement is not irredeemable enforceable and I am not entitled to give them notice under section 10 of the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998).

Then later on in the letter they state "and without predujice to our assertion that you are not entitled to give us notice under section 10(1) of the DPA, this letter also constitutes written notice that we do not intend to comply with your notice to cease processing your data".

The question is, should I be worried?

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.

BN

So the plot thickens!

I have this morning had a different DCA trying to collect the money from me stating that Egg have tried repeatedly to contact me! I should call them to avoid further action bla bla bla!

I will be sending a SAR today then and a "I am bemused" letter to the DCA.

BN

Hi BN,

I had a very similar letter on Friday from egg.

Seems like they have sent out a job lot, to try and shake us up a bit.

I don't know how to respond yet, am going to scan my letter up later and see what advice i can get.

Good luck

Livis xx

Hi BN,

I had a very similar letter on Friday from egg.

Seems like they have sent out a job lot, to try and shake us up a bit.

I don't know how to respond yet, am going to scan my letter up later and see what advice i can get.

Good luck

Livis xx

Hi Livis - I should do the same thing really so everyone can see what I have had. Whats the best way to scan and share now on CAG?

BN