congestion charge bill its my address not my name not my car HELP!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok here is the congestion charge notice i received at my house thing is tis is not my car nor my name

an ideas forum?

Picture004.jpg

not gonna wait for letter 3 but there is no address for correspondence apart from to pay the F??£$ERS

ccj for him but it will be attatched to this property which is my main concern

There won't be a CCJ attached to the property.

The letter was not for you - send it back "not at this address".

Write to DVLA and tell them that car is registered at your address incorrectly, and ask them to remove your address from the record.

It's not your debt - no-one's looking for you - nothing will happen to you. Don't worry about it.

the dvla won't call off TfL. make sure your first representation to TfL is very clear that this not your vehicle and never has been. I would also serve a Notice on TfL, the DVLA and on the TEC telling them the same thing. and would make sure that all the above items were sent special delivery so you have irrefutable proof of delivery. Take control of this yourself or the bailiffs will turn up. i would also use the Notice to tell them that you will hold them liable for losses and costs should they act on their own incorrect records in any other way than to correct them. its worth a look at this mySociety Blog Archive TfL Criteria for Assessing Congestion Charge Appeals Available via WhatDoTheyKnow

four letters, 3 notices and reps to TfL. but three envelopes. Template letters not always a good idea. draft your lreps to TfL and post them up on here. For the Notice I would call it "Notice of incorrect information". have a go at drafting it and post that up as well.

reps = representations. a formal response that you use for the charge certifcate. 4 letter and 3 envelopes. I Notice to TfL to go in the same envelop as the reps , plus a Notice to TEC and a Notice to the DVLA which go in their own envelopes

tfl 1 rep and a notice

dvla - notice

tec - notice

4 letters

?

correct

thanks for looking in - iv dealt with parking tickets etc etc and they dont seemt o go away very easily the worst thing is that as its normally governement or council resposes are slow or dont respond at all and just send em off to northampton

i could wait until it gets to that stage i suppose and when they take it to court i respond

ill do it early see what i get back

pain in the hole

time i dont have to waste

court ? ? you need to read up on congestion charging real fast. you don't get taken to court. they will just process the paperwork and send the bailiffs if you let it all happen. read up fast and well please. if you don't take control it will cost you much more time and probably much more money to fix it later - if you can !

ok will do

its irritating as the debt is not even mine so im having to protect myself against something that has absolutely nothing to do with me

i wonder how they manage to get these cars registered at addresses

so letters monday

ill come up with a leeter tomorrow and post it up see what is thought of it

any good sorry first timer

To Whom it may concern

I live at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, I opened this letter ( original provided )and note that VICTOR BENETAR is not someone who is or has lived here and see that he has somehow registered his motor vehicle details at my address

Can you help me solve this query

Kind regards

TEC = Traffic Enforcement Centre = Northampton County Court.

I very much doubt they will take a blind bit of notice if you write to any of them - DVLA excepted, but it's up to you.

You owe nobody anything but bailiffs are almost sure to come looking for the person who does when the debt remains unpaid. I can't see you can prevent this - but if and when they call you can show them who lives there with your Council Tax and utility bills.