Daewoo Fridge Freezer Badly Damaged

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

A little advice on if this is worth pursuing, December 09 I bought a fridge freezer from Dixon's on line. When the freezer was delivered I propmtly placed it in storage as I was planning on moving, I moved in to my new house this morning & unpacked the fridge freezer to discover that it has a severely dented freezer door & its extremly dirty, now I know that Ideally in a perfect world everybody unpacks goods there and then & after all it has a 12 month warrenty, can i claim against this as this freezer should never have passed a quality check!

My delivery notes says it was left packaged and unchecked by customer.

I though I'd ask what my rights are if any from the people in the know rather than arguing on some 0844 number, being charged a fortune & getting stressed to boot

Any advice would be great :)

Within six months it is up to the retailer to prove that the goods were not delivered like that, seeing as I am guessing the door is damaged I would be demanding a replacement.

The six months period is highlighted in the Sales of Goods Act 1979 (As Amended) S48A. Let them know that you have only just opened the packaging.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

• 2 weeks later...
Within six months it is up to the retailer to prove that the goods were not delivered like that, seeing as I am guessing the door is damaged I would be demanding a replacement.

The six months period is highlighted in the Sales of Goods Act 1979 (As Amended) S48A. Let them know that you have only just opened the packaging.

The six month period is for if the item develops a fault. The item could have been damage before delivery or after, there would be no way to prove either way. The form you have to say it was unopened and not checked is only valid for that time, it could have been open one hour, minute or week later. :(