HELP!! DCA seems to be playing tricks again...

cho-san
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have agreed with a DCA on a payment £550 in full and final settlement of the debt and have requested for a letter stating clearly stating this + making an entry on a credit reference agency file as the account "satisfied in full". The have responded saying this amount will be in full and final settlement of the debt but...

1) They've also responded saying they will amend my file as "partially settled" as they legally need to show this for a max of 6yrs from the default date and. Is that correct? Does this mean they can still sell of the remaining debt?

2) Also they've included WITHOUT PREJUDICE in the header of the letter. I've done a quick google and found that "without prejudice" means this letter cannot be used in court if there any problems. Does this also mean they can sell the debt off and I cannot use this letter as evidence of the payment being in full and final settlment of the debt?

Thanks in advance!

Cho

1. then its not an F&F & yes they will chase the rest or pass it on.

2. yes

have you cca'ed these jokers?

do they LEGALLY hold the correct paperwork to demand money from you?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The best you could probably expect is for the wording of the letter to state "full and final settlement of all outstanding matters between us relating to this account" or words to that effect (can't find the exact wording :().

And release it from the WP clause so that it may be used in your defence in the event of any future action by them or others.

It's unlikely that they'll give in to any better than they have stated with regards to your credit file.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

IMHO I would not pay them. It will save you nothing you will still get harrassment and threats and whether they put settled partially settled or satisfied it will still stay on your file for 6 years, and in reality that means that you might just as well not have parted with your hard earned lump sum.

You say they have the correct paperwork? It is highly unlikely that they will settle for a lower sum if they do have all the paperwork.

More info would help, ie type of debt, have you CCa'd etc.

More info would help, ie type of debt, have you CCa'd etc.

With all due respect, there's no need to.

They do not offer credit in the first instance, and can be safely ignored.

It's up to the original creditor to decide if renegotiated terms are acceptable or not. They have employed these 'people' to act on their behalf, but they have no legal right impose - unless you invite them to intervene.

The sooner these DCA's and purchasers are cut out completely, the better it will be for ordinary folk.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)