help with ending tenancy agreement not sure if it has a break claus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Need help.

Im currently in a fixed term contract. I may be offered a council house and may want to end my contract with my landlord. Im trying to find out what my options are.

my contract states for a term of 12 months from (date) and therafter from month to month unless and until determined by not less than one months notice in writing to party given to the other and expiring at the end of the said term or the firsty day of any month thereafter

I dont no what a break clause is or what it should read like.

Please help im only 4 months in to my contract.

if my landlord will not end my contract can i apply for significant hardship therefore unable to pay rent and how would i go about this

emilou,

generally if you had a break clause you would know as you would have agreed it. These are usually 6 months into a 12 month contyract, 12 in to a 24 and so on. normally at the half way point. it would state the wourd breakclause and at what point they are at.

my understanding is that if you come out early, unless your landlord aggress in writing, you will owe the amount for the rest of the tenancy.