method of payment help??????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive asked my local branch(romford) if i could make future payments via standing order/bank transfer and surprise surprise they said i cant do that!!! i obviously wont ever let them set up a dd or credit card payment after their previous missuse of my details so where do i stand legally???.....i cant stand my monthly personal visits to that office as i really feel a'michael douglas/falling down' scenario ....any advice will be greatly received....thanks!!

Essex, on my way to work now but before the weekend is over I will do a letter to send to them for demand of setting up a standing order, them saying it is not an option is not acceptable. gotta rush or I be late for work. hahaha . . . . standing order is the only secure way for us so they dont like it but they gotta accept it.

I am a consumer helping other consumers. Together we can and will make a differance. Please double check any information or advise I may give as I like yourself am learning as I go along in life.

1) give a small donation to this site to keep it going because without this forum I would know nothing.

2) Use your experience to help somone else on another thread.

Please do not PM me, my mail address is my username at this site address . I will not under any circumstances give out advise or help through mail, only on the open forum, however feel free to mail me to point me towards your thread and general talk etc.

No problem, I think it is disgusting they tell customers they will not accept this method of payment. im at work now but will do a letter either tonight or tomorrow night after work.

I am a consumer helping other consumers. Together we can and will make a differance. Please double check any information or advise I may give as I like yourself am learning as I go along in life.

1) give a small donation to this site to keep it going because without this forum I would know nothing.

Please do not PM me, my mail address is my username at this site address . I will not under any circumstances give out advise or help through mail, only on the open forum, however feel free to mail me to point me towards your thread and general talk etc.

I agree with this they should be grateful you want to pay :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Edit to suit your needs first.

Welcome financial services

Compliance Department

Ruddington fields business park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

OFFER OF PAYMENT

ACCOUNT NUMBER : 12345676

Dear sir/madam

We are writing to inform you that we are seeking advice and assistance regarding our current financial difficulties, we are also in the process of having an audit done on all our debits and part of this process is ensuring that we have full control over our finances and the only sure way of enforcing this is to cancel all direct debits and setup all payments via a standing order.

Standing order will ensure that I do not incur any charges from yourselves or with my financial bank, as I am sure you are aware any charges will have a serious impact on paying my regular debits and keeping a fair relationship with yourselves.

I was shocked when I proposed this method of payment with your local branch and was informed they could not accept as payment of standing order is accepted by 95% of all financial bodies including all high street banks and a company the size of yours should have the facility to accommodate. I do however understand this not to be your preferred method of payment but as your customer it is my only method of payment and without acceptance from yourselves would put the account in dispute as you will be considered too of not accepted payment.

The imposition of the term which requires payment only by direct debit and no other option is an unfair term as defined within Regulation 5 Unfair Terms Consumer Contract Regulations 1999. Furthermore the term automatically leaves the debtor in breach of his or her contract if he/she makes payment by cash or any other method other than by payment via direct debit. It further assumes that the debtor has the ability to make payments via direct debit whereas not all bank accounts provide this facility, many basic bank accounts do not facilitate direct debit. A term that has the ability to put a person in breach of contract by exercising an obligation cannot be considered fair within the UTCCR 1999.

After seeking advice from other debtors to your company I also find that they have successfully setup standing order with yourself so based on this I will pay the sum of xxxx every month on the 1st of the month to the account of HSBC, A/C 61225669, SORT CODE 40-02-50 with my account number as reference (12345678), first payment will be 1st April 2010.

Please be advised that my direct debit has been cancelled and based on the information held within this letter I will challenge any charges incurred for this action,

I look forward to your response within 28 days and hope our professional relationship can be restored.

Yours Faithfully,

Ozzy.

Edited by ozzywizard

ozzy many many thanks.....i will await your confirmation before typing up the letter but your advice and help has made me feel so much happier at the thought of never having to encounter those cretins at the romford branch ever again.......i will make a donation to the site as the work you and the other advisers do is priceless....many thanks again!

Appreciated Essex,

The letter will be ready tomorrow morning so it can be printed off and sent in the morning post, just am at work so can only do like sentance at a time lollll....

This is a letter that is long overdue as it is a regular question with welcome finance not accepting standing order but i have heard of loads that pay that way so its not like they cant accept its a case of them sulking cause they lose that bit more power over the customer.

That would be a good option Fens, see due to Welcomes attitudes they have alienated themselves and no one wants to talk to them but still understands their obligation to pay, they are not trusted with access to our bank with direct debit or our card details for payments, I would rather put my credit card details on a hackers website than give it to them . . .

So we are looking at secure methods of payments that do not involve contact so anything that needs to be said can be done in writing for traceability and lets be honest most of us want to go to court and have a log for the judge.

thts what i would advise oz. though im not a fan of standing orders as i had trouble changing the date on a loan i had with my own bank, and no i dont have online banking to do that lol

In my opinion direct debits should be banned and there should be a bigger awareness on standing orders . . . . we should choose what we give not companies choose what they take, and this is the opinion of 95% of us here at CAG. . .

Okies letter is ready to go at that, pleaqse edit to suit your needs and send at least 14 days before your first standing order is due. No need to wait for a reply just go ahead and pay by standing order on the offer you make, it will hit your account if not then it is not your fault it is theirs.

If anyone is unsure how to setup a standing order let us know.

• Haha 1

Well done Ozzy :D

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 1 year later...