MaLarkin2

Could I have some advice please?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3572 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a problem with Great Universal Catalogue,

I wrote to them screaming the odds because a number of DCA's were harassing me and chasing the exact same debt,

I complained that I was being threatened with court action if I did not pay the full amount within 7 days etc,

I am under the cccs and have been since 2005 and I pay a token payment to all of my creditors including Great Universal / dca "Moorcroft",

I had never missed a payment.

Anyway, I wrote to Great Unversal as aforementioned, and asked them for a CCA,

I have just received a letter back, which states they cannot find a signed copy of agreement (which is not surprising, bacause I was never asked to sign one) and that they have a attached a copy of the "current type of agreement which would be used for the type of account I had,

They have not offered explanation as to why they had several dca's chasing the same debt but have informed me that they have in effect blacklisted me as well as keeping "internal information about me" which they tell me they are going to share with other credit agencies etc,

My question is where do I go from there,

I have never denied my debt, I would prefer to pay my debt (although it would have to be over time) , but these people have left me no opportunity to do so, by not being able to tell me to which agency I should be paying.

Moorcroft to whom I have been paying over the last few years, have said they handed my account back to Great Universal on the 31st December last year,

Am I not protected from such actions by these companies when I am on the CCCS?

I am confused.

Please advise.

If they cannot produce an enforceable CCA you can legally stop further payments to them until they do, obviously they'll never be able to do that & they cannot take any legal action and win.

Unfortunately however if you cease payments, because the CCCS are funded by the finance industry they will more than likely refuse to continue handling your case.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

CCCS, gave us an interview and a client number and told us to get on with it,

our income is so low that CCCS, could not realistically set up any plan for us,

Trading Standards have advised us throughout,

I just feel this situation is different in as much as I have a creditor who appears to be forfeiting my debt for me, not giving me the opportunity to pay,

I feel really uneasy about this.

It is obviously your choice whether you pay or not, legally with the absence of a CCA payment cannot be legally enforced.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT