• Tweets

• Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
    • I think you have the supremacy of contract as it allows you to park in designated areas. I would argue that there being parking enforcement there clearly means its to be used as parking and as such you can use it under your lease. Only need to worry if they ever follow through with a letter of claim and a claimform though
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help and Advice with MBNA and Cap Quest

AndyFor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have an old credit card debit with MBNA (about £6k) that i cannot afford to pay (along with many others). i have entered into a DMP with payplan and all my creditors are accepting apart from MBNA.

I followed advice on here and did a SAR on them last May, i let the time pass and and as they had not answered i put the account into dispute, and still never heard anything from them.

then i started getting letters from Cap Quest saying they had taken over the debt and they now wanted me to get in touch with them about it.

i wrote back and explained that

a) the account was in dispute

b) that i would not talk to them as MBNA had never told me they had passed the debt on

but Cap Quest carried on writing to me, they also sent me a copy of the original agreement (which judging by comments on here is legit). Still i told them to go away as i'd never heard from MBNA.

recently Cap Quest sent me a letter from MBNA (or so they claimed) dated January this year telling me they had sold the debt. this letter has never been sent to me by MBNA even though the letter is addressed to me ?

i wrote back to cap quest and got quite rude with the person asknig them were they stupid (or were they trained that way) in that i ws still waiting for MBNA and they should go away.

2 days later i get a letter from MBNA

1) the letter says "thanks for your letter received" and gives no date

2) the letter has nobodies name on it, it is signed MBNA EBL

3) the letter apologises for the delay (nearly a year!!) and says "i would like to advise you of the prescribed 12 day rule within the Consumer Credit Act 1974(6) (b). This rule was abolished from 26th May 2008 and it is no longer an offence if we do not comply with the 12 days of your request"

4)The letter confirms that the debt was sold in June 2009 to Capquest, yet to this day i have never received anything from MBNA telling me this (apart from the letter that CapQuest sent me). the letter goes on to say (and include copies) that letter sent in Feb and May 2009 told me they "may" sell the debt on !

5) included is another copy of the agreement which they state is a true copy (but not necessarily an exact copy). they then say "we can confirm that when you signed the agreement, it contained key information about yout duty to repay, how your credit limit would be decided, your rates, fee and all your other rights and duties. this was in compliance with the Cosumer Credit (Agreements) Reulations 1983"

can anybody please advise on what i should / could do now ? fundamentally i believe they are in the wrong as they have never send me an assignment of debt. the only copy i have is one that Cap Quest sent me. one strange thing about the letter Cap Quest sent to me claiming to be from MBNA is that it contains the WRONG account number on it !

please help ?

Can you scan in the default notice (minus personal info) and give us the date that the letter from MBNA which Capquest sent says they sold the debt.

:confused: Argh if that sentence makes no sense ill rephrase later - brains not working this early in the morning!

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

i don't have the default notice with me

the date of the letter capquest sent me is dated 19th Jan 2010 and actually comes from a different address to all the other letters i get from MBNA (they're both in Chester but have different Po box no's and post codes - not sure if this actually matters or not)

my suspicion (not that i could every prove it) is that capquest did a cut and shut on 2 letters to make one for me - hence the wrong account number on it !

would it make sense to ask MBNA for a copy of all letter since 1/1/2009 ? or would i be tipping my hand by doing this ?

Im a bit worried as you say the CCA seems legit, so we need to move fairly quick to establish what defence you're going to have.

When you have the default notice we need:

The date it was issued;

The remedy date;

Was the amount demanded just the arrears or the entire balance?

In the meantime get a SAR out to MBNA with a cheque for £10.

Request:

Copies of all correspondence (including the default notice, letters of assignment etc,

The communications log (sometimes known as the customer information system)

A list of transactions/charges (We need to find out how much of the balance is made up of charges)

All letter recorded delivery!

Don't get too hung up on the account number issue. In my experience it changes sometimes when a DCA buys the account.

Does the letter from MBNA taht Capquest send state the date which the account was sold, or are you just going by the date the letter was issued?

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

i'm not sure i have the default notice, but i'll look at home !

if i request the info from them will they send me a copy anyways ??

i underdstand what you mean about the account number, but both numbers are credit card numbers they start 5407..... and cap quest have always quoted the MBNA (virgin cc) number to me !

has the day 12 rule been abolished as they tell me ? or is that just rubbish ?

They should provide the default notice in the SAR.

Would be very useful if you could find it when you get home and post it here. Same with your credit agreement (blank out the personal details!)

12 day rule still exists - it used to be a criminal offence but that part was repelled. They are still obligated to provide a repsonse within 12 days.

so how should i respond to the

"i would like to advise you of the prescribed 12 day rule within the Consumer Credit Act 1974(6) (b). This rule was abolished from 26th May 2008 and it is no longer an offence if we do not comply with the 12 days of your request"

comment ? especially as i waited for 9 months for them to reply ?

The Consumer Credit Act 1974:

6) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement;

and

(b) if the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

and:

5) A statement under subsection (4) shall be given within the prescribed period

after the end of the period to which the statement relates.

(6) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement;

and

(b) if the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

The criminal offence was repealed, but they must still provide an agreement within 12 days.

TBH I wouldn't worry about getting bogged down in legal arguments with them at the mo. Once youve got your default notice and the agreement posted here we can come up with a plan of action.

• 1 month later...

right, got my info from MBNA. it consists of pages and pages of stuff from their computer system (all coded - but they do give a list of codes to explain it).

there is 1 or 2 letters from them

there is 1 letter from me

and there is 1 letter from a total stranger who has nothing to do with me

so, help please.

should this have contained:

copy of default ?

copy of termination ?

copy of assignment to cap quest ?

anything else ?

also, what should i do about the copy of the letter from somebody else they have sent me ? should i contact the other person and inform them ?

they have not sent me a copy of the letter cap quest claim that mbna sent me in february, the one that tells me they have sold the debt. but why mbna would tell me in february when cap quest have been chasing me since last year ???

one more thing, in reading the info from mbna they seem to have changed my account number part way through, they never told me about this ? should this matter ?

finally, should the SAR have provided me with a copy of all correspondance ? or is the pages of computer print out sufficient to what they should provide ?

could anybody give me some advice please, as CrapQuest are now back on the case demanding proposals within 14 days. at this point i'm not even sure if i should be dealing with them or MBNA ?