Equita Bailiffs Council tax, Please, please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mollycat, there is nothing to stop you writing to the CEO of the council and clearly mark the letter FORMAL COMPLAINT. As I understand it - whilst your comments may have been noted - only Formal Complaints are logged for statistical purposes...

Best Wishes

Rae.

Thanks Rae, You're kind, I live by that same policy.

I have a long a complicated past, but in short after the horrible death of my parents(they were hit head on by a drunk driver and killed instantly) I lost everything, i was 17, and my whole life disappeared, i didnt know how to deal with it so i turned to drugs, i got addicted, ended up homeless etc, I was a heroin addict for 4 years.

I was 9 years clean last week infact, and that brief episode in my life opened my eyes to a lot, and from that my policy has always been to help others as much as i can, I worked for the YMCA for a long time as an ex addict drug counsellor, sadly working for a charity is bad pay, i do volunteering with them now and then though.

So you dont need to worry about that, When all this chaos is out the way i hope the knowledge you have shared with me i can relay to others and help them, I dont disappear easily :-)

I think i need to be clear on something, and please forgive me for lying.

My 'wife' is a he, So a gay relationship, I chose to say 'she' as i posted on another forum recently and encountered a load of homophobia, and it was just very nasty and i thought it easier to od it this way, but truth be told im a crappy liar, and i dont like doing it, so there you are.

To be honest i love him to death, but all the things recently i guess its just been too much for him, hes 5 years younger than me, Hes 25 im 30.

Im not sure there is much chance of reconsiliation at this point sadly, Im sorry if i sound heartless, but if i am too sincere ill only break down in tears again, hes the love of my love, i will only marry once, im totally lost without him, but i need to focus on this and get this sorted before anything can move forwards.

He isnt the type to sit down and read something like this sadly, as much as ive asked him, i have told him whats been said here.

Ive had a long day today, I dont think they called in, my ex was here all day as hes sick with whatever i had, and i spent the day out looking for a job, there were no letters thru the door so i assume they didnt attend, i feel a little safer in the knowledge that i dont actualy 'have' to answer the door, and i wont, i just pray that he wont either.

It's Sunday! Thank god, A day where i dont have to worry about them coming, i hope it lasts a long time.

Thanks again for all you guys have done to help me, i really hope i can resolve this situation soon and start to move on with my life.

Rae, i owe you a drink for the letter and the help, I hope you take up on it one day :-)

Nick

Damn i didnt see page 2, will read this tomorrow morning, far too tired now.

And yes im a night owl, night is far better than day :)

On another note, Mollycat i appreciate you are having problems too, But im having HUGE problems, and would be really cool if you started your own thread as i did instead of doing it on mine, good luck.

EnglishN, have absolutely no fear here. It was a joy to read your story, to see you'd been through the mill and come out smiling on the other side. Clearly you have more within you than the average person.

Lied? I don't think so. Cautious perhaps. Your boyfriend? Where is the problem?

I would still advise bringing him into the thread. His age is immaterial. 5 years younger or 5 years older is no never mind. You need each other. But the choice is yours.

Best wishes.

Rae.

Hes actualyl by law my Husband, We had a civil partnership and are effectively 'married'.

Im glad it doesnt phase you, normally im very very open, i always have been, just when i got the homophobia form the other site i thought it may be easier to do things this way.

Trust me, he wouldnt look on this thread, if he didhe wouldnt read it, hes a difficult guy indeed.

If the choice were mine he'd still be with me, sadly its not my choice.

Anyways, today is sunday, and im classing it as my day off, so i will do whats needed tomorrow, I wish you all a great day and speak tomorrow.

Nick x

Hi Nick

I was so upset to read you felt the need to hide your relationship due to mindless morons.

I can see you are in excellent hands with Rae and note PT is also available to you so your worries are now only a proportion of what they were when on your own.

I sincerely hope your husband will reflect for a few days over what has happened and come to realise that two people truly in love are a formidable combination when either of the union are threatened.

WD xx

... I was so upset to read you felt the need to hide your relationship due to mindless morons ... I sincerely hope your husband will reflect for a few days over what has happened and come to realise that two people truly in love are a formidable combination when either of the union are threatened ...

Perfectly said WD. I do have my fingers crossed for a happy ending but, whatever may happen, they both have my best wishes for the future...

Rae.

Hi EN

How far have you got since this all started. Did you contact your local Councillor? he is there to help you. You also need to contact the Council to find out how much the Liability Order was for and how much is still outstanding. Incidentally are you both named on the LO or just yourself? It's probably a good time to send the Bailiffs a letter too asking about their charges as it appears they may be about to overcharge you.

Send the Bailiff the following - adapt to your own needs and send by email & letter:

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account. Can you please provide me with a Statement of my account including Computer Screenshot. This is not a Subject access requestlink3.giflink3.giflink3.giflink3.gif under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. I also require the name of the attending Bailiff and the name of the Court he was Certificated at. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

If you can you should also start making payments direct to the Council online. Pay at a level you can sustain but also bear in mind next years CT bill is due shortly.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EN, I have sent you a PM so please check your inbox when you log on. [Towards the top right of the screen, notifications].

Best wishes.

Rae.

[Note to fellow caggers: it is a personal message. I mention it here as he's new and may not have discovered the messaging system]

Edited by RaeUK
typoo

Hi Nick

Been reading your page, ~I too have had problems with council tax baliffs, but my friend put me onto a guy who has his own web site...... I actually called him the other day to get some one off advise , i think he charges £125 but gurantees to have your costs massivley reduced...!!!!! and from what i have read on your page here , they have broken many many rules !!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Bev

Hi Bubbles, I know your intentions are good and - like many of us here you have Nicks best intentions at heart.

But the joy of the Consumer Action Group is that it is a FREE self-help service run by those who give their time FREELY for the benefit of those in need. I'd suggest to anyone considering paying £125 for advice they can get for FREE just donate to this site instead.

Best wishes.

Rae.

• 2 weeks later...

Im so so sorry i havent posted for ages, I was first ill with tonsilitus then internet was down, and argh just a mess.

Well i have some good news....

Equita have been paid, in full. So they are now off my back which is great.

Sadly my ex is a lost cause, some things have happened of late that have shown me theres no hope, sad, but i guess thats how it has to be.

I just wanted to say thankyou for all your help, you were a light in the dark when i needed you and you lifted my stress immensely.

I will still be on here, so feel free to post, Would be cool to help others with what ive learnt.

Nick xx

Hi Nick,

Mixed news I see.

Glad you've got rid of Equita but sad to hear about your ex.

Do take a little time out for yourself now and then look to getting your own life back together.

Best wishes.

Rae.

Hi Nick

Like Rae I'm sorry to hear about part of your news but pleased to hear you appear to have put the nightmare behind you. Now that all is paid you can if you wish play from a position of strength by asking about the charges you have paid. There can be no come back on you now as they have no hold over you. If however you wish to just put it down to bad luck and not continue then I fully respect your decision.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys,

Thanks for the good wishes.

To be honest, I know they have over charged me, I know i can probably get some back, But i just dont want to deal with them ever again, It was my own fault i got into this mess, So i guess there is a certain amount of karma due there, So im going to write it down to bad luck.

I true as i stand here today, i wont ever let this happen again, I was also appalled by their behaviour, so im debating whether to send the letter about how they acted so it doesnt happen to anyone else.

Nick

Hey guys,

Thanks for the good wishes.

To be honest, I know they have over charged me, I know i can probably get some back, But i just dont want to deal with them ever again, It was my own fault i got into this mess, So i guess there is a certain amount of karma due there, So im going to write it down to bad luck.

Respect your view on this.

I true as i stand here today, i wont ever let this happen again, I was also appalled by their behaviour, so im debating whether to send the letter about how they acted so it doesnt happen to anyone else.

Probably pointless, Andrex would be more use.

Nick

Best wishes for the future

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]