bayv customer agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone been with bay as you view for a few years now had a tv to start with and then went for a ps3 the tv was in my name not a problem allways had enough in the metre and allways got 20-30 quid back after they collected so decided to get the ps3 when the guy came to sign for the ps3 i was out and he got the wife to sign the refinancing agreement in her name so she took over the debt for the tv now she was not made aware that it was going into her name and i was not made aware of this at all. At this point neither of us knew that the account had been changed over. This obviously started the agreement again but things were fine and then we went for a cooker about six months ago again refinanced and started again and all the extra interest added still not owning the tv getting wise to it all now its too late lol. again the wife signed as i was out. No problems until they came to collect the other day we had been away over christmas so we had not put enough in and we couldnt make up the £37. they said they would call in a week for one weeks money and also the 37 they came today and collected the 22 in the metre we said why dont you leave it till the 8 weeks are up then it would cover the 8 weeks and the money we were behind with. No i cant do that i heard i need to make an agrrement with you to pay off these arrears with you today i said i aint committing to pay you anything and he started going on about the fact they are now regulated by the fsa and they could take all the goods if they wanted. i said i aint having this i want a statement to see how much i owed he said i cant give you one your not the acount holder so i said how am i not he said the agreement was in your wifes name.I then asked who owns the tv he says they do i and your wife has it on a hp agreement so i said what happened to me paying for the tv and he relaised what i was getting at and said you were asked about changing it over i said i wasnt and asked him to leave. Sorry for the long story but just wondered where we stand on this as the original agreement was in my name the other two are in my wifes name surely that cant do that can they.

I will wait for BAYV to comment first.

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

A senior director of BAYV has agreed to answer posts on this forum directly.

In view of the potential seriousness of your complaint, I think it only fair to give BAYV an opportunity to comment first.

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

;)

BAYV

Please comment on this thread. Thank you.

Cheers

Lefty

(Please Note - if BAYV no longer wish to participate, or respond to complaints about them on CAG, please contact admin and request to have your account(s) deleted. Thank you)

;)

Hi. Thank you for your posting. I have read through it very carefully and clearly you have raised a number of points.

I can answer some of them now, but I need more details from you to answer the questions relating to the change of responsibility for the hire purchase agreements. I also need to consider the legislation around data protection when responding to this specific issue and cannot openly converse on a public forum about it.

I will need your name and account number. However, please do not post this on this website, but rather contact us directly. I recommend that you make contact with Linda Davies our Customer Service Director who will be able to help.

It is possible that the cash due in the meter at the time of collection may be short, particularly if the customer has been away for a while or there has been limited usage of the television.

We would look at each shortfall on an individual basis and along with the customer, decide whether the payment terms were still affordable. If financial circumstances have changed it is important that customers keeps us fully informed so we can offer potential solutions to overcome any problems.

If a customer’s payments are short, we have a number of solutions at hand. Each solution however, depends on the individual customer’s situation. We would not want to make the situation worse by asking the customer to commit to something that will clearly put them under additional financial strain.

• The customer can make the short up by making additional cash payment at the time of the collection.

• The customer can agree with the Account Manager to make up the short over an agreed period of time. This can be done over a shorter period than the standard 8 week collection period. It depends on what can be agreed.

• We can adjust down the instalments and extend the length of time the agreement is over without changing the total amount payable.

• In exceptional circumstances the company may allow the customer to return some or all of the goods and walk away from the agreement without penalty.

Anyone of the solutions above can be used depending on the customer’s situation. I must also remind you that as with all hire purchase agreements, the customer is obligated to making the payments as agreed.

I can also confirm that according to legislation we cannot remove the products from a property without a court order if the customer has paid at least one third of total amount payable under their current agreements . In Scotland, a court order maybe required at any time.

This legislation relates to the Consumer Credit Act not the FSA and I will need to address this with the individual involved, if you can identify him to me. Again, you will need to do this on your correspondence with Linda Davies and not on this website.

Full details about your rights as a customer are included in your agreement.

You also have the right to ask our representative to leave your property at any time. He/she must do so at your request.

Finally, the Account Manager is correct when he says that the goods are the property of the company until the last payment is made.

I hope this helps and as a reminder, you will need to contact us directly about the other issue.

BAYV

Thank you for your reply i dont have an issue with the repayments normally it was just the fact we were away for so long over christmas and it will be bang uptodate when you next collect in 8 weeks time as i like i said earlier there is allways more money left in i would like to contact your senior mangement team but do not have any contact details for them. Is it normal for your company not to get back to customers about issues when they say they will i mean they told me i would be called back on friday but i still have not heard anything.

Hi. Thank you for your posting. I have read through it very carefully and clearly you have raised a number of points.

I can answer some of them now, but I need more details from you to answer the questions relating to the change of responsibility for the hire purchase agreements. I also need to consider the legislation around data protection when responding to this specific issue and cannot openly converse on a public forum about it.

I will need your name and account number. However, please do not post this on this website, but rather contact us directly. I recommend that you make contact with Linda Davies our Customer Service Director who will be able to help.

It is possible that the cash due in the meter at the time of collection may be short, particularly if the customer has been away for a while or there has been limited usage of the television.

We would look at each shortfall on an individual basis and along with the customer, decide whether the payment terms were still affordable. If financial circumstances have changed it is important that customers keeps us fully informed so we can offer potential solutions to overcome any problems.

If a customer’s payments are short, we have a number of solutions at hand. Each solution however, depends on the individual customer’s situation. We would not want to make the situation worse by asking the customer to commit to something that will clearly put them under additional financial strain.

• The customer can make the short up by making additional cash payment at the time of the collection.

• The customer can agree with the Account Manager to make up the short over an agreed period of time. This can be done over a shorter period than the standard 8 week collection period. It depends on what can be agreed.

• We can adjust down the instalments and extend the length of time the agreement is over without changing the total amount payable.

• In exceptional circumstances the company may allow the customer to return some or all of the goods and walk away from the agreement without penalty.

Anyone of the solutions above can be used depending on the customer’s situation. I must also remind you that as with all hire purchase agreements, the customer is obligated to making the payments as agreed.

I can also confirm that according to legislation we cannot remove the products from a property without a court order if the customer has paid at least one third of total amount payable under their current agreements . In Scotland, a court order maybe required at any time.

This legislation relates to the Consumer Credit Act not the FSA and I will need to address this with the individual involved, if you can identify him to me. Again, you will need to do this on your correspondence with Linda Davies and not on this website.

Full details about your rights as a customer are included in your agreement.

You also have the right to ask our representative to leave your property at any time. He/she must do so at your request.

Finally, the Account Manager is correct when he says that the goods are the property of the company until the last payment is made.

I hope this helps and as a reminder, you will need to contact us directly about the other issue.

BAYV

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this post. I'm sure the original poster will appreciate the points you make, and will contact your customer service department as you suggest.

Can I trust you will report back to this thread if (and when) the situation has been resolved? (Observing any data protection laws you refer to, of course.)

Many thanks

Lefty

;)

Hi, it is definitely not normal practice for a member of the team not to get back to you if they said they would and I am dissapointed that this has happened. I will address this when I identify who the individual is.

You can contact a Senior Member of Management in two ways.

Call us at the Customer Service Centre and give your full details and I will ensure the correct Manager calls you back

or

submit your details through our website and I can pick them up from there.

Please ensure that you include the fact that we had originally been in contact through this website. That would be very helpful.

Many thanks

BAYV

Hi everyone been with bay as you view for a few years now had a tv to start with and then went for a ps3 the tv was in my name not a problem allways had enough in the metre and allways got 20-30 quid back after they collected so decided to get the ps3 when the guy came to sign for the ps3 i was out and he got the wife to sign the refinancing agreement in her name so she took over the debt for the tv now she was not made aware that it was going into her name and i was not made aware of this at all. At this point neither of us knew that the account had been changed over. This obviously started the agreement again but things were fine and then we went for a cooker about six months ago again refinanced and started again and all the extra interest added still not owning the tv getting wise to it all now its too late lol. again the wife signed as i was out. No problems until they came to collect the other day we had been away over christmas so we had not put enough in and we couldnt make up the £37. they said they would call in a week for one weeks money and also the 37 they came today and collected the 22 in the metre we said why dont you leave it till the 8 weeks are up then it would cover the 8 weeks and the money we were behind with. No i cant do that i heard i need to make an agrrement with you to pay off these arrears with you today i said i aint committing to pay you anything and he started going on about the fact they are now regulated by the fsa and they could take all the goods if they wanted. i said i aint having this i want a statement to see how much i owed he said i cant give you one your not the acount holder so i said how am i not he said the agreement was in your wifes name.I then asked who owns the tv he says they do i and your wife has it on a hp agreement so i said what happened to me paying for the tv and he relaised what i was getting at and said you were asked about changing it over i said i wasnt and asked him to leave. Sorry for the long story but just wondered where we stand on this as the original agreement was in my name the other two are in my wifes name surely that cant do that can they.

Hi there.

I'm pleased that BAYV have responded to your post, and I am sure a satisfactory outcome will be the result.

I did original say I would wait for BAYV to comment (which they now have) before I do...

Firstly, regarding your original agreement for a TV being refinanced (and transfered to your wife) sounds like a serious issue to me. In simple terms your agreement was cancelled without notice to you - and YOU lost any accrued protected rights AND suffered quite significant finacial loss. A hire purchase company cannot just cancel your agreement when they feel like it, and transfer the goods to someone else!

To my mind, this is no different to repossessing the TV without your consent (or a court order) in which case I suggest that BAYV seriously breached their agreement with you - and YOU have the right to claim back all payments made previously on the agreement. OK - BAYV could argue that you still have the TV in your home... But it is NOT (nor ever going to be) YOURS... Your protected goods status was taken away from you...

You also mentioned that your rep said "he could take the goods if he wanted.." No he can't! As BAYV pointed out, he cannot remove any goods more than one third into an agreement without a court order. But what BAYV failed to mention was that even if you weren't more than one third into the agreement, he still cannot remove goods from your home without your consent. He can ONLY repossess goods (without your consent, and if of unprotected status, ie: less than one third into the agreement) if they are in a public place... And your home is NOT a public place... The fact that you have allowed the BAYV rep access to your home (to empty their meter) does NOT change any of the above. Again, as BAYV stated, you can request that the rep leaves at any time. (Not rocket science that bit, is it? It's your home!!!)

Please keep us posted with any progress. The issues that have been raised in this thread will certainly be of interest to other CAG users.

Many thanks!

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Just to update so far i have contacted there customer service spoke to a quite helpfull person ther that was going to pass on my details but she was not sure who would be best to pass it on to as linda is away on a weeks holiday she said it normally takes up to 48 hours for a call back and i have said i will give them till monday as she says they need to check up on the agreements speak to the collector and other things which is understandable. Buy as you view i have the details of the person i spoke to about this if you want to get in touch with her to ensure this issue is passed onto the correct person. Will update on monday if they call back or earlier if they call before. I wonder if it will be like the last call back i was going to get that still has not happened.

Will update on monday if they call back or earlier if they call before. I wonder if it will be like the last call back i was going to get that still has not happened.

Thanks for the update.

I am sure that BAYV will contact you as promised, and will do everything they can to resolve the issues you have raised.

Again, please keep us posted! ;)

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Just a quick update from today no call back yet but they did say untill monday so that aint an issue had another collector call today as they are emptying it weekly. i am now down to oweing 23quid from 35 in two weeks so that shows how much over i am normally after eight weeks and the reason why i am not willing to just pay the arrears off in one lump sum. Any way because i wont pay it off in one big lump sum the collector started saying i am refusing to pay which is deffo not true not at all. Then came the first threat of the visit i will take all your stuff if i want as you are in arears to which i replied you can not do that she said she could and get this has done before !!!! and if i wont let her she will get the police to come out and let her take the items as that is what she did last time. I am just wondering if anyone can clarify this for me if i am not one third of the way through my agreement so the goods are not protected when do buy as you view have the right to remove the goods as can the police really come and do this. My understanding is the collector cant do it as it is not in a public place and the police would not be able to help them either. So how can buy as you view remove the goods. i hope it is not going to go that far as we have been very good customers upto now. All this hassle over going away for christmas lol. How can this company get away with all these threats when none of the threats are true. I think buy as you view maybe need to retrain there collectors.

I am just wondering if anyone can clarify this for me if i am not one third of the way through my agreement so the goods are not protected when do buy as you view have the right to remove the goods as can the police really come and do this. My understanding is the collector cant do it as it is not in a public place and the police would not be able to help them either. So how can buy as you view remove the goods.

If you have defaulted on your Hire Purchase agreement with BAYV (and the goods are not of "protected" status), before ANY action can be taken BAYV must first issue you with a formal written default notice.

You must then be given (at least) 14 days to "put matters right."

If you fail to respond to the formal written default notice, then BAYV can seek possession of their goods. They can do this by:

1 - Obtaining your CONSENT and AGREEMENT for their repossession, or...

2 - Apply to the county court for a "return" order, which will order YOU to return the goods to BAYV (or make them available for BAYV to collect.) If you do not comply with the county court "return" order, and you do not return the goods to BAYV, the court will resort to other enforcement methods.

No employee (or agent) of BAYV has the right to forcibly enter your home and remove goods of any description.

Threatening to have the police attend is just an empty threat. The only way you could expect the police to attend would be:

1 - A risk of a breach of the peace, and/or public order.

2 - Your BAYV collector is stupid enough to tell the police you have stolen items belonging to BAYV... In which case a crime will need to be investigated, you may have to be arrested, the "stolen goods" will need to be seized by the police, etc... This won't happen, because the only end result will be your BAYV collector being charged with wasting police time!

EDIT - Having just re-read through my post, I would like to point out that, of course, the goods DO belong to BAYV and they WILL want them back if you default. There is no way anyone can expect to keep goods they haven't paid for. (this is not aimed at the OP, it's just a generalisation.)

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Thanks for the reply lefty i understand your point at the end there i just want to make it clear to the buy as you view represntative it is not about me not paying i ask this question as the collector deffo said she could and would get the police due to it being a hp agreement and claimed to have doen this before and the police helped her get the goods after the post from yourself the other day i understood this to be completly untrue and told her it was a load of crap and really the person that it happened to shoudl really take that further and she just said it is in the agreement the police know that and that is why they helped her it is crazy that people can do that i mean it actually worried my partner and i had to reasure her afterwards. Anyway i have reported this issue to buy as you view and they will look into with my complaint. I really cant see anything being done about it though. What are you thoughts on my experiences with your collectors buy as you view rep.

On a side note if i get collected every eight weeks i do not owe any weeks money until that point. If i am right then my arrears are payed off by now and i aint due to be collected until my normally 8 weekly date where they would expect the full normal payment if i am wrong does that mean by the time they come to collect am i all ready eight weeks behind.

Edited by trueblue924

"..What are you thoughts on my experiences with your collectors buy as you view rep..?"

I don't have any personal experience with BAYV, but I do understand the market sector they work within.

I genuinely think that, given the massive cash investment BAYV has recently undertaken, the company really does want to improve it's image - and, probably, the whole rent-to-own sector, too.

But, just how long will this take to filter down to the coal face? The reps? The salesmen? The employees who are the public face of the company - and, I'm pretty sure, working under tremendous stress to meet targets, make sales, and keep on top of their bad debts?

Carefully written PR statements, compliance with consumer law, and highly polished corporate images can very quickly be trampled on by a stressed out salesman desperate to meet his target this week! ;)

"..On a side note if i get collected every eight weeks i do not owe any weeks money until that point. If i am right then my arrears are payed off by now and i aint due to be collected until my normally 8 weekly date where they would expect the full normal payment if i am wrong does that mean by the time they come to collect am i all ready eight weeks behind.."

I'm pretty sure that your payments are required IN ADVANCE, meaning that you are constantly in arrears. Did you have to make an advance payment when you first signed up?

And... Have you actually received any kind of default notice?

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Hello,

Hopefully we can help clear this up;

Firstly no goods can be removed without your consent without a court order, this site and BAYV continue to make this point to all consumers. Employees of the company are fully trained on the laws that regulate the business and consumer rights.

However from time to time, as with all organisations, certain employees fail to follow company policy, I can assure you that the company will not tolerate any behaviour of this kind and every employee found in contravention of these laws or policy will be subject to disciplinary action which may lead to dismissal.

If your are willing to meet your contractual obligations and clear any arrears on your account the company will work with you, further there are a number of positive solutions to help genuine cases of difficulty.

As to your payments, and to clear up the question Lefty raises, your payments are to be made weekly as per the contract, however the company usually but not always collects these on 8 weekly cycles. There are times when this can vary due to a number of situations based on account performance or customer requests that this is made on different cycles.

As to payment we do not take advance payments as do certain competitors first payments are always made between 2-8 weeks after delivery of goods. Providing that the minimum weekly payment is made the account will remain current. If less than a weeks payment is made the account will obviously become late, however the company will not charge any fee, penalty, extra interest, or any charge whatsoever but will work with the customer to recover the shortfall.

Again I can assure you that all customers who are truly attempting to resolve any issues with there account will be supported by the company.

In order that senior management can follow up on your particular case but without wanting personal information to be disclosed on this site could you kindly provide the date and approximate time you called the customer service line? As all calls are recorded we will be able to specifically identify your issues and ensure that a remedy is achieved.

Kind Regards

BAYV

the first call was on the 3/3/2010 around 1645 on this call i was told it would be passed along to the relevant person as linda davis was away. Now as much as i dislike buy as you view at the moment the advisor i spoke to her was very polite and seemed to be willing to help as much as she could.

I then called again yesterday (4/3/2010) around 13:05 again no problems with the person i spoke to she put me on hold for quite a while however that was to chase up what was happening and she allways came back telling me what was happening. i have the name of the two advisors and also the person that is now dealing with this if that will help.

another update got a call back from a regional manager so my attempts to reach a senior director have obviously fallen on deaf ears i hope you can retrieve the calls bayv rep and pass onto the relevant person for me i have requested the manager pass it on to linda and have given him until monday afternoon. bayv rep if you locate the call please listen to it or have someone listen to it as i have just been informed by the manager that i have stated numerous times that i refused to pay which you will find on the calls that i have not refused to pay at all. and have allowed a collector to empty my metre since my inital and second contact with buy as you view.

Right anyway what the manager said was he would be able to transfer the account back to my name and offered £100 compensation which i feel is just not good enough at all i would like to hear what other people think of this.

Edited by trueblue924

Any further developments, or a resolution with this yet?

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Sorry i have left it so long. Got a call back on tuesday from the regional manager and he was with the area manager as the regional manager had only been with the company two weeks and wanted the manager there to give information about the account and because the manager has spoken to me before about this issue. Again there resolution was just not good enough so i said i want a one off payment of the majority of the money i have payed and the account my wife has to be closed and goods taken back. He said he would need to speak to his boss and he would call me back yesterday. So got a call from a director of buy as you view and he was able to resolve my issue. It is such a shame that this company has some good customer service over the phone but not when they come to your home and make claims ov being able to get the police which they cant even do. The upset that the collector caused my wife is very annoying to say the least. I am very happy with the level of contact i have had with buy as you view management and they have been very helpfull. Lets hope they deal with the way we are resolving this asap.

• 2 months later...