Offer made

alexliverpool
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As far as I know, you Can claim for card misuse. I'm certainly intending too, and others on the boards seem to be also.

If its a charge for breaching their rules and conditions (card misuse, going over overdraft limit, cheques bouncing etc) then you *can* claim. What you cannot claim for are service fees e.g. monthly £10 charge for having an overdraft facility, or loan protection fees etc.

Good luck!

Joe

My original 2006 claim - Victorious!

13/06/2006 - Sent Data Protection Act Request (NatWest), recorded delivery.

19/06/2006 - Sent preliminary letter, requesting £3483

17/07/2006 - Sent LBA for revised figure of £3601 (after finally managing to open a parachute account with Lloyds TSB!)

07/08/2006 - Filed Moneyclaim for £4401

11/09/2006 - Defence received from Cobbetts

25/09/2006 - Sent AQ to court and CPR18 response to Cobbetts

30/09/2006 - AQ due at court

25/10/2006 - *WON* Cheque for full amount received from Cobbetts

"Things are made of littler things that jiggle"

- Richard Feynman

cheers joe, sent for my statements last week still waiting will stay intouch and keep us posted on how you are getting on. I have worked out that i have paid over 600 in the last six months alone. So fingers crossed

alexthekid

yes definately, its a charge thats unfair, anyway, I did as thats what they called just about every charge I had..i.e. pay for something using maestro, 'cos you think its there in your bank, bank approves it, then a few days later when it goes out you havent got quite enough in to cover it and they slam you with £35 card misuse. Got every penny back so go for it, good luck.

12th May DPA sent to Natwest

17th May pre-lim sent £1241

26th May Full refund offered

27th May Accepted!!

on with next....

They just sent my statements following my dpa request, it took them 5 days, however, they sent the same ones to me 3 times..not sure what that was all about?! This was before there was quite as much interest as there is now though. I took it into my bank and asked for a signed receipt.

12th May DPA sent to Natwest

17th May pre-lim sent £1241

26th May Full refund offered

27th May Accepted!!

on with next....

• 1 month later...

Received an offer today of £822 they owe me £4022.52. will be sending letter accepting as partial settlement. The deadline for the LBA is up tommorrow do i need to wait untill they have received my reply or can i start my claim straight away?

alexthekid

its likely that they wont give you the settlement unless you sign their conditions.

their conditions being that you accept it as full payment and you are happy to continue getting these charges taken off you, and you dont disclose the matter to any thrid party.

so be careful if you are accepting anything but the full amount.

13 July 06 - Data Protection Act request sent to NatWest :-|

7 August - Natwest want to 'discuss my account':???:

9 August - "HISTORIC STMNT FEE- £5.00" showing on online bank

16 August - Statements Arrived, tatty brown sellotaped envelope:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hi, my son who's 19 rang his branch on thursday 7th Sept and asked for all his bank statements (they charged him £5 for all of them). They arrived on Mon 11th of Sept. We went through them and worked out that they'd charged him £134 in charges. So send a letter (recorded delivery)asking for the money back. Posted the letter 12th Sept, they recieved it on Wed 13 th Sept got a letter on the 15th Friday saying we're very sorry the money has been credited back to your account!

Check the successes forum to find out about all the wins.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Go to Bank Survey Charges Results on the iste map - there is a table of all the banks and the numbers of claims paid out. If you check each day it is very exciting. Natwest have had approx 6 claims paid out in the past few days. When I started my claim it was approx 90 something now it is 158 and that is only from people who have completed the survey results themselves. Probably alot more. Keep going11

Isobel

Hunbun;)