Can I install virgin media in a rented flat?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok im absolutely clueless 8-)

Is this allowed? Or wil the landlord get annoyed at me making alterations as Virgin will need to put in connection points in the wall etc?

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

Virgin won't know whether it's rented or not.

Some landlords have a clause in the lease which says you must not change providers for utilties. That's unlawful and may safely be ignored, it cannot be enforced.

If the flat isn't cabled then this will result in a hole being drilled in one of the outer walls to get the co-ax cable through and a new box (or more than one box) on the wall depending on where the broadband and TV points are.

In theory you're meant to leave the flat as you found it so you'd have a hard time removing the boxes and re-sealing the holes nor would it be worth trying. However at some stage some tenant is going to want broadband and have it cabled.

It it's a house you need to watch where the outer cable is run e.g. across a garden to make sure no damage is done but this won't apply to you.

So you reckon I can just go ahead with it?

My mums got Virgin in a rented house and Virgin didn't bother checking with her landlord.

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

We've done it at every property we've rented which has been able to have cable, without issues. If the area is cabled then at some point cable is going to end up being installed by a tenant, especially in flats where you can't always have a Sky dish, and in places where you can't get ADSL.