• Tweets

• Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
    • Hmm, that's strange how they got my email then.  I assume the below is ok to send to DCBL, Nicky?  Hello, I am writing regarding our ongoing dispute and the upcoming court claim reference xxxxxxxx. To ensure fairness and transparency in our communications leading up to the court hearing, I request that you use postal mail exclusively for all further correspondence related to this claim. Please refrain from sending any communication or documents via email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me via postal mail at the address provided above. Yours sincerely, xxxx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

doorstep visit today...oh my god! help please :-(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OMG, totally hacked off, anyone who has read my post about barclaycard will know I am in dispute with them following an invalid CCA, over a few months I have had letters from Mercers and resolvecall and last week a doorstep visit letter. I sent back recorded the standard letter to say that they could not visit me at home and today, well......

Had a major bathroom leak and waiting for the insurance man to arrive, bang on time he knocked on the door and I opened it to a man with a clipboard, I was really nice, thanks for coming, come in etc, he said you dont even know who I am to which I replied yes I do your from the insurance company and he said no im here for barclaycard :mad: thankfully he didnt even step over the doorstep and I just said to him "Dont ever come to my house again or I will call the police and have you removed" I shut the door and he walked off laughing.

Im so blazing and trying not to get upset, not been a good week anyway, my dads been taken into hospital and on top of my leak my car is knackered. not convinced I can handle all the lot at once and really need some positive advice. how bloody dare they!

they would have got the letter a couple of days ago. what do I do now?

help please

ooo its so much fun when they do turn up.Tell them they have no legal right to be there,they are trespassing and next time make a damn appointment.

Ask them to prove the debt is urs then step back and watch them squirm its so much fun :D

Dont fret they rarely turn up anyways xxx

These doorstep collectors are not bailiffs and have no right of entry, and no right at all to take any property.

I would (but then I'm like that ...) invite them in, locking the door behind them. Then I would ask to see copies of all his personal ID, his authority from the creditor etc.

Then I would ask him to produce any documentation that might allow him to demand payments of any sort.

I would get very aggressive and not let him go on his way for some time.

• Haha 1

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

These doorstep collectors are not bailiffs and have no right of entry, and no right at all to take any property.

I would (but then I'm like that ...) invite them in, locking the door behind them. Then I would ask to see copies of all his personal ID, his authority from the creditor etc.

Then I would ask him to produce any documentation that might allow him to demand payments of any sort.

I would get very aggressive and not let him go on his way for some time.

nice one ,then if your really peed off ,if you got one get the dog in from out side ,just shweeeeet!

yep well done..you know there is nothing they can do...sending them away with nothing is the best thing you could have done...they have no power at all..and if anyone else who is expecting one of these creeps reads this thread at least they will know what to do if confronted by these lowlifes

To be honest I couldn't do what I wanted to do. I would be banged up for false imprisonment. Sad but true.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

yep well done..you know there is nothing they can do...sending them away with nothing is the best thing you could have done...they have no power at all..and if anyone else who is expecting one of these creeps reads this thread at least they will know what to do if confronted by these lowlifes

Found this thread by googling. Thank you because today Power2Contact have sent me notice that they intend to visit me.

Thanks for this post and the thread (although obv Im sorry the OP is in this position too). Im feeling slightly worried/ apprehensive about large men turning up to my house.

nopower2contact did turn up at my place..just told him to go away and he did and has never returned..the only thing you have to remember is..they have no power at all...if they will not leave just tell them you will ring the police for trespass

In my experience these doorstep visits are just another intimidation tool by the DCA's and very rarely actually call, if they do, as an earlier poster said they have no legal right to "doorstep" you.

I have had letters promising a doorstep visit from various debt collectors. They invariably didnt turn up. My friend did have a visit, luckily it was after I had found this site and I made sure that I was there at the alotted time. He was a nasty little jumped up man who was trying to be agressive but because he couldnt provide anything confirming that he had a right to be there or that there was a debt or that my friend owed it we sent him packing. It empowered my friend to be able to deal with the little man herself and she realised that the DCA's are toothless without the correct paperwork. She took them on in court and although she still has defaults against her name she knows her debts are unenforceable and the letters and phone calls have stopped.

I know it is easy to worry when you are doorstopped but the important thing to remember is they are tryin it on in order to scare you. Dont let them. Stand up for yourself, demand to see their credentials and inform them that you will only deal with their company in writing and that if they turn up at your door again you will have them removed by the police as you have not invited them and they are trespassing.

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Another good one,

" Oh yes I was expecting you, just wait there while I lock the dog away'

Then get your camera, open the door take a shot and whilst shutting the door shout " Now I have your picture for the police and I will report you and your company for harrassment"

I actually did this a few months' ago, he was waiting outside my house as I walked up the street, stood and watched me go in then banged on the door. Luckily I guessed who he was and opened the door and snapped him. He shouted that the next caller would be the bailiff (what a laugh) and I have never heard from him or his company again.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the advice on this thread. Ive found the relevant template letter and am sending it off today. Im concerned they may still turn up though.

I am dreading a Phil Mitchell type turning up, even if I now know they have no right of entry or to demand payment.

hiya

just to reassure you i did have a connect letter but they didnt turn up

but i got someone from somewhere god know who or where from but i didnt open my glass door and shouted through the letterbox, he calmy told me he didnt want to shout out to me and tell me and i guess insinuating the world outside who he was and why he was there

but i told him i didnt who he was and i was not prepared to open my door to a stranger on my doorstep - but i had a dispute with a company, (again who knows which company he was referring to i think it was hbos - which i know realise it was )

and he hadnt been invited and get off my property!

he just walked off and never heard anymore from him and havent had any more debt collectors will visit from hbos:razz:

keep positive and make sure you shout from the letterbox first like i did - if anyone does come a knocking hehehehe

have a fun day laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

:)

That made me smile! Thanks for the reassurance!

Two quick questions-

1. Ive addressed the template letter to Karen Hillyer (the letter writer), should I keep it to a general 'Dear Sir/ Madam'?

2. Should I amend the letter to let this DCA know that the 'debt' is in dispute with Barclays.

Edited by Admiral Cain

They are both registered at the same address. \Address any letters to Mr William hugh Pierce. He's the big cheesy cheese behind this group of companies and is ultimately responsible for the behaviour of his employees.

For those of you who feel threatened by these apes from P2c, consol yourself in the fact that these people are losers, failures and halfwits who have no chance of succeeding in any other walk of life.

Long after you have finished with the unfortunate turd of problem that brought these parasitic flies to your doorstep, and long after your life is on an even keel again, they will still be losers, failures and no good for anything worthwhile.

Do not give them anything more than the contempt they deserve.

I get letters all the time threatening me with door step collectors and home visits but nobody ever turns up... I'm not feeling the love :confused:

Just out of curiousity though, and sorry for asking on someone elses thread but is there any laws against giving one of these folk some verbal abuse? Maybe a few choice swearwords to leave them feeling a bit insulted and offended.

...is there any laws against giving one of these folk some verbal abuse? Maybe a few choice swearwords to leave them feeling a bit insulted and offended.

Depends how loudly you yell and how abusive you get - committing a breach of the peace is an offence too...!

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 4 weeks later...

heard nothing at all since the visit and its quite nice knowing I am no longer a doorstep virgin and no longer have a fear of these people!

Totally irelevant to this visit (but think im allowed to interupt my own thread!) has anyone had any experience of Capital Credit Agencies (AKA Egg) had a letter of them and posted it on the Egg page but as always on Egg got no reply :(

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/egg/254021-egg-capital-credit-agencies.html

heres the link to the letter - advise hugely, greatly and desperately appreciated

thanks

MM1

knew id get a response pretty quick on here!!

glad its from a name I trust! thank you Debt4get :)

did think that but the formal words and mention of looking in to my current position regarding property and work worried me a bit. as long as its a bog standard pile of rubbish I will file it away with the rest