Revenue Collections Services (RCS) Sunbury

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone any advice on how to deal with RCS based in Sunbury. I have been trying to resolve a debt problem on behalf of my step-son which he incurred through membership of a maritial arts gym he joined. The nice pink and yellow letters appear to have stopped but he still gets the phone calls demanding payment - a lady called Renee? I have written on a number of occassions on his behalf and never received a reply.

I tried calling them today and got a message saying they were closed (at 12.15) but open for business Monday to Friday 9.00 to 17.00?

Any help gratefully received.

Is your wish to contact them in order to clear the debt or not?

If the latter then I wouldn't bother calling them at all.

All their contact details are on their web site

Revenue Collection Services - Home

I wouldn't pay them anything unless they prove to you they have the right to collect. Contat the Gym direct and ask what the outstanding balance is (if anything) as you can be sure as eggs is eggs that RCS will have banged a wad of charges and extra's on it.

When you wrote to them did you send by recorded delivery?

If not they will just say never received your letter.

Don't agree to anything over the phone to these people, if you must call, use it as an information gathering excersise.

Thanks for the advice, particularly about contacting the gym direct. RCS I do know immediately add 25% to any debt plus the £22 per letter sent.

The last letter was sent recorded delivery to Stuart Robinson, Head of Collections. All my step-son gets back are phone calls to his workplace which he finds very embarassing. Just fund the telephone harrassment letter so will send that recorded delivery.

Hi,

My daughter had dealings with the nice Mr Robinson in the past. She wrote to them and claimed £22 per letter, which Mr Robinson said they were not contractually obliged to pay. My daughter took it all the way to the Financial Ombudsman, who after months found in her favour and awarded her the cost of her letters as well as a cash amount for her inconvenience. When she got the cheque from RCS she copied it and emailed the copy to Mr Robinson with THANKS all over it.:D

Just keep on at them and report them.

Regards

Molly:)

Hi,

I got a letter in the post from these people. I'm worried as when I type their company name into google, all these threads appear first ABOVE their actual home page!!

These people are dodgy right? The number on the letter I received isn't answered, the number on the website doesn't work, the letter they wrote doesn't actually tell me how much I owe (there's just a £ symbol). With what I'm reading on the threads about this company I'm worried. Can someone tell me what is the best way to go about this. Write a letter demanding to ask how much I owe and it broken down, send it recorded delivery, charge them for the letter, if I call - record it and if I pay in full keep all receipts? That about cover it?

Thanks

Gareth

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks cerberusalert,

However, I realise the debt is a real one. I recall cancelling a direct debit some time ago and not cancelling my membership properly. Don't ask me why, it seemed like a good idea at the time thinking they wouldn't bother chasing me.

I am willing to settle the debt (although God knows how much it is now after all this time and they haven't told me in the letter, and they of course add extortionate extra fees) but don't know the best way to go about it. I would send a cheque as then there would be evidence on my bank statements (but again I have no idea how much I owe), I am willing to pay by card but they don't answer the phone and I am worried about calling them at all to be honest reading posts on these forums. I'm stuck and need advice please?

Thanks

gareth

All you are doing by sending the letter above is asking them to prove a debt exists and they have the right to collect. If they can't do that then they cannot take any enforcement action.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If there is no credit agreement signed by your son they're stuffed to use a legal term :)

Incidentally, how old is your son?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hey guys....

im really confused about the situation im in, i have the same problem as "mah500"

when i was 16 or 17 i joined a martial arts gym and had to pay so much a month but i was in college and didnt have a decent paying job, they wouldnt let me terminate my membership, so because i couldn't afford to pay it RCS started calling and sending letters (same woman by the name of Renee)

what do i do? as i was under the age of 18 and for it to be legally binding or whatever a parent or guardian has to sign or be a garantour right? that didnt happen, so what position am i in?

would appreciate your advice....thanks x

hey guys....

im really confused about the situation im in, i have the same problem as "mah500"

when i was 16 or 17 i joined a martial arts gym and had to pay so much a month but i was in college and didnt have a decent paying job, they wouldnt let me terminate my membership, so because i couldn't afford to pay it RCS started calling and sending letters (same woman by the name of Renee)

what do i do? as i was under the age of 18 and for it to be legally binding or whatever a parent or guardian has to sign or be a garantour right? that didnt happen, so what position am i in?

would appreciate your advice....thanks x

The bottom line is that at that age legally you cannot enter into a credit agreement. They cannot take any enforcement action nor can they mark your credit file. Write and tell them this & if they pursue make a complaint to Trading Standards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]