£25 charge for 40p short on DD.

swisstoni
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

i've just received a letter from the Alliance and Leicester saying a DD has not been paid for £10.40 due to the fact there was only £10 in the account. For this they are due to charge me £25 in due course. It was an oversight on my part as it's a new account and I wasn't expecting the DD to be collected so soon. Can they justify this charge for the sake of 40p and do you think I could get it back if I spoke to their customer services??

Swisstoni

THE VIEWS POSTED BY MYSELF ARE STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

IF IN DOUBT, CONTACT A QUALIFIED LEGAL EXPERT

SWISSTONI

Hi all,

i've just received a letter from the A+L stating that a DD for £10.40 has been returned due to there being insufficiant funds in the account. When I checked, there was 40p short! They will take the £25 charge in due course and i'm sure they will take that from the account whether the money is there or not! Is there anything I can do to stop this, I'm on a debt management plan and I just don't have the £25 spare. Any help would be appreciated.

Swisstoni

THE VIEWS POSTED BY MYSELF ARE STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

IF IN DOUBT, CONTACT A QUALIFIED LEGAL EXPERT

SWISSTONI

Yes you should speak to them.

Is there any reason why they should have been suspicious of you or imagined that you wouldn't be good for the money?

How new is the account? Have regaulr funds been going in?

Is it a basic account?

Ask them nicely and explain the situation to them and see if they want to play fair.

If they don't, come back here.

Don't talk to them without recording your call.

Get a call recorder