any help please???

essexmark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please can someone advise me as im at my wits end over the scumbags that are welcome finance.......i brought a car from 'ukcarcredit' in 2003 with finance provided by welcome for £10283....they then added on 'insurance premiums advanced £690 totaling £10900+......the car broke down within a week and was nothing but problem after problem......tried getting it repaird under the 'mechanical brakedown insurance they said i had to take out but this could never be claimed on as the car 'never had a full serivce history !!...i finally 'scrapped' the car for £300 in 2004......in 0ctober 2004 i was struggling financially and could not afford the £228 monthly repayments and asked welcome if they could be reduced until i got back on my feet so to say...they insisted on me refinancing the agreement which like a fool i did but as i was suffering frrom depression at the time i just wanted to resolve the matter quickly.....anyhows my 'debt to them then skyrised to £11380 at £135 per month ....since then ive kept regularly to these payments but admit some 'missed' ones due to financial difficulties at times but 95% of the time i pay £140 per month instead of £135....welcome never ever sent me an account statement unless i asked them for one but would always badger me with phone calls and letters as i had cancelled my direct debt mandate with them after they continually tried to take money from my account before the agreed date...one bank holiday 'swiping' £660 from my account 'due to error' . ...so since the ive gone into the local branch each month to pay in person....my health and mindset have improved over the last year or so and im devastated how much this con artists are riping me off still....i demanded an up to date statement and list of all charges/ fees on my account and am dismayed to find they claim i still owe them £4800+.....they have added over £1000 in 'Charges' to my account which i am refusing to pay.....more recently to my horror every month i pay the £140 they have been deducting on average £28 for capitalisation/hpdi fee n fee assessment???? what the hell is that for please???....i am close to not paying them at all hoping the matter ends in court as i still say the car they 'financed' was in contravene of the 'sale of goods act'..........they still badger me with phone calls every month even though ive written to them countless times informing them i personally visit the local office each month with cash payment .....also they charge me £10 for each phone call they make.....can they legally do this ???.....can some one kindly give me any advise......many thanks!

Hi Mark, seems to me that you need to send them a subject access request which will show a complete record of transactions including phone call charges and a print out of what has gone on behind the scenes. Also you need to send them a CCA which will provide you with copies of your agreements. Cost is £10 for SAR and £1 for the CCA. The charges are excessive and you should be able to claim them back. They cannot properly justify £10 for a phone call and indeed they are required to inform you in writing every time they make any charge so that it can be paid, not just add it to the contract and extract interest on those charges. Lets face it, after some time you would not know whether these charges are real or invented. Others more knowledagable here will be able to help more I'm sure. Post up on here your agreements when you have them less personal details of course.

thank you for replying james....reading the problems people have with welcome makes my blood boil that they arent more accountable in this country.....im not very computer literate and dont know how to 'post' up my agreements but i did get a rather 'confusing' copy i requested last year but my 'signature' is no where to be seen on it????....i still maintain when i refinanced the loan the total amount on the agreement they sent me was much higher than the quote from the women who did the loan in the local office(romford)....????.....plus can they legally keep phoning my place of work to contact me???....ive sent them the 'phone call harrasment letter' previously as ive wrote to them more than once explaiing i personally visit the office on the last friday or saturday of each month.....yet they still continually phone me!! thanks!

I think you can report them to the infomation commissioner when they take no notice of your request, especially phoning at work. Maybe someone can jump in and offer better direction on this point. Dont forget that every time they call you there is another 10 quid added to your account, its another con to squeeze cash out of you. I would be writing again and stating that you accept no liability for these calls and any charges levied to date need to be refunded with the interest which has been added. Give them a final warning and threaten that any further calls espeacially at work and you will report them to the relevant authorities. Dont forget to send any complaint letters by recorded post and send to compliance in Nottingham with a copy to your branch manager. Meanwhile see what comes up from other guys on here.

By the way you should have legally received a statment each year from 2008 its law. Demand it

thanks for the advise james......welcome have 'never' sent me any statements volunteerally only whe ive requested one???.....ive requested all correspondence to be in 'writing' but they still phone so each time they are 'charging' me a £10 fee?.....can this be legal???