Insurance courtesy car - Enterprise Rent-A-Car false claims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Due to an accident I raised a claim on my insurance. As I am entitled to a courtesy car, my insurance company told me the body shop will provide me with a car and they will contact me to arrange collection / delivery.

I received a few calls from a company called "Global Car Hire" offering me a car as they were instructed by my insurance. As this was in contradiction to what my insurance company said I declined to take the car on the spot and said I had to clear it with my insurance company first.

I then received a call from a person with the same name as the person at "global car hire", from a blocked number - who offered me a car again. I repeated that I can not take up the offer unless my insurance instruct me. I also questioned him where he obtained my information. He insisted my insurance instructed him and continued wanting to take a fuel deposit. Once again I declined to pay any cost before I have cleared this with my insurance.

Following this I called my insurance and complained about this person called "matt" from "global car hire" harassing me with calls to take the car. They then informed me that they instructed Enterprise Rent-A-Car to provide me with a car. They provided me the branch detail and I called them.

When I called Enterprise Rent-A-Car I was informed that they will not rent me a car as the agent claimed that I was rude and abusive over the phone. Enterprise now refuse to rent a car to me.

I've questioned them what I said that was rude and abusive. They would not tell me. I've tried to speak to customer services but they have only provided me with a complaint reference number and said it has now been passed to the area manager

How do I clear my name following this untruthful accusation?

Is there a regulatory authority that will take my complaint?

Where do I complain to resolve the situation.

Am I entitled to compensation for the defamatory and untrue accusations against me?

this looks like a breakdown between your insurer & enterprise. If you were told ERAC were going to arrange a car, why would you expect to give your details to a GCH. ERAC should have called you to confirm that they would arrange a alternative hirer (possibly due to location etc?),before letting them call and ask for payment.

I would get back onto your insurers 1st to arrange the CC,you are entitled to this.

I agree with vusys1 - make a complaint to your insurer and ask them to sort out Enterprise.

I've had a couple of appalling experiences with Enterprise myself - to me their staff appear poorly trained and often lack any sense of customer service. However when I complained direct to the managing director (having had no luck with anyone else) they dealt very efficiently with my complaint. I wouldn't ever use them again, even if specified by my insurer, but it might be worth you making a formal complaint to their head office as well as trying to get your insurer to sort it out.

Best of luck :)

WOOLWICH -S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 03/03/07 :cool:

LBA sent for non-compliance with Data Protection Act 28/04/07 :mad:

ABBEY - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 03/03/07 8)