HELP NEEDED- MBNA Threatening To Default

fireyjack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

After not getting a CCA and putting the account into dispute MBNA are saying they will default me in 2 weeks time and are pressing for payment to allow another month before this.

I thought an account in dispute could not be sold on so what would be the best option with regard to this.

Thanks

I'm not a debtor- I'm a free man!!

Egg- Won

MBNA- Just started

Marbles- Its only a few pounds but if I win against MBNA then this will be my my 'showboat' round.

They are going to default you. Sorry, but unless you settle the account, that's what will happen. Check out my thread.

I have tried everything to get them to produce a proper CCA over the past year. They have not done so. I reminded them of their obligations constantly throughout this time. I finally received a letter saying they were now investigating and would get back to me in a month's time. Before that time was up, they defaulted me-destroying the perfect credit score I had spent a lifetime building up.

Now, I'm facing the prospect of dragging things through the court :(

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but best prepare for the worst.

MB

Thanks Meebroke- To be honest I don't really care about my credit record just the fact that they have failed to fulfill their legal obligations.

So you think them asking for a token payment to delay the default is simply them stalling me or perhaps trying to get me to admit the alleged debt stands?

If so is that tactic not borderline blackmail?

Egg- Won

MBNA- Just started

Marbles- Its only a few pounds but if I win against MBNA then this will be my my 'showboat' round.

Incidentally, they have already offered to reduce the balance, albeit the charges and interest they have continued to add while it has been in dispute.

Should I read anything into this?

Egg- Won

MBNA- Just started