Problems with Virgin Holidays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Hopefully someone can advise me.

I booked a holiday with virign holidays direct with the company (via phone),

Have paid over half the holiday, then yesterday by chance whilst reading reviews on trip advisor I find out that there is going to be extensive refurbishment at the hotel we are going too starting 1st may 2010 until 31st august 2010 (we go 12th June 2010), the rooms that we have booked, will not be available as these are the ones being refurbished, 1/2 the hotel will be closed, including the quiet pool, several bars, spa etc; I have been in touch with virgin x 2, they tell me the refurbishing isnt happening, although the hotel website clearly states it is and what will be closed. I have been in contact with others on trip advisor, virgin has apparently admitted to one family that this is happening.

I have also written an email to virgin complaining of the fact that they allowed me to book a hotel without informing me of the work being done, that 1/2 the hotel will be out of bounds, and the type of room booked will not be available. Where do we stand in regards to this??? also I invisage there could be a problem as we paid for part of the holiday with tesco clubcard hotel vouchers (the reason why we used virgin), we are going to sri lanka it is a all inclusive hotel, and looking at their online brochure they do not offer another hotel all inclusive in sri lanka. I did receive a return phone call today from virgin, but unfortunately it was from a call centre (I believe in india, going from the difficulty in understanding the person), I have not received a response from my email as yet, but no happy conclusion came from todays phone call.

Any advice would be appreciated, as at present I am very upset and angry, as I thought considering how much more expensive virgin holidays is compared to other companies, I assumed they would be a better company to deal with.

Look foreward to any response

Regards

Redwham

I will Never ever deal with Virgin Holidays again, We stayed in Disney where there was major renovations in a room next to ours. See my thread Wedding and honeymoon one problem after another.