Lowells/Red

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can somebody please help,

My husband is being chased for a debt by Lowells. I was just about to send the CCA request but we have since recieved a letter from Red saying they act on behalf of Lowells as we have had plenty of time to pay and assume we cant be bothered.

Anyway my question is who do i send the CCA request to, Lowells or Red?

Thanks in advance

You may even get a letter from Hamptons who sit at another desk in the Lowell office

One company with many threat generators and paper shufflers ;)

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

With the help of all the wonderful people here I CCAd a debt with Lowell last year and that has been the last I've heard of it.... :D

They are good at shouting 'Boo!' and killing lots of trees for their useless letters, but not much else, so try not to worry.

Good luck! and please let us know how you get on.

H.x

That the birds of worry and care fly above your head, this you cannot change. But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent. --- Chinese proverb

• 1 month later...

Well i sent the CCA request and they acknowledged it with the usual, were looking into it, may take longer. By my reckoning the 12+2 days are now up and still not recieved the agreement. Do i now send the in dispute letter? and if so, should i also send it recorded?

I have now sent my account in dispute letter but i have also received another letter from Lowells saying Capital One have requested the agreement from Archive and one this is produced we will have to pay the full outstanding amount immediately. I'm now worried because i cant afford to pay the debt in full. What do i do?

Thanks for your help

once this is produced we will have to pay the full outstanding amount immediately. I'm now worried because i cant afford to pay the debt in full. What do i do?

If they find this agreement you WILL NOT have to pay the amount in full immediately.

They can ask you for it until they're blue in the face but they simply CANNOT MAKE!!!! you pay it whether in part or in full immediately or by instalments, only a Court can do this and a Court would permit you to make an offer according to your circumstances.

So to answer your question all you need to do is take this on board and stop worrying yourself over these cretins empty threats.

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

• 1 month later...

Well i received a letter a few weeks ago saying capital one had destroyed the file and so i would hear nothing further from them, which i was overjoyed about.

However i have now received a further letter from them enclosing 1 page of an agreement, which does have my H signature on it. I take it i will now have to enter into an repayment agreement with them. oh well it was worth a try!!