Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Ah I see what you mean. That is unfortunate, but guess there's little I can do then. Thanks very much for your help!
    • OK I sent CCA request on Monday 7/6 recorded delivery with a postal order uncrossed with £1 stating on the back that it didn't go towards any alleged debt.   Wednesday 9/6, received the postal order back from Arrow with a cover letter saying they no longer charge a fee and 'we will respond as soon as we can'   Then on Friday 11/6 morning a letter dated the 10th (they said if we didn't hear back from you by the 11th) I got a letter of claim from Drydens saying 'if you do not provide proposals to repay, legal action may be issued in the county court'.  Along with 'you have 30 days to respond'. Attached is a printout of an income and expenditure sheet.
    • Your attachment was viewable in your first post.   Does the issue you mention with the wallpaper/slight stain really constitute a breach ?  Is it significant enough ?   The wallpaper was probably applied before the wall was properly dry.  But the other possibility, is that the tenants did not open windows regularly to ventilate the room.  It is important for windows to be opened or put into a vent position on a regular basis, to ensure that moisture is allowed out.   If the tenant had clothes drying in the house, with baths/showers being used etc, this may have helped cause the wallpaper peeling  and the damp stain.   Today has been a lovely Summer day in many parts of the UK, so the tenants may not be as quick to respond.  Same issue with replies to this site, so you might get other responses later.   The tenant is unlikely to try to pursue you for the matress or health issue they say is caused by a damp issue.  Unlikely to have sufficient evidence and their own actions may be the cause.   They are most likely deciding whether to complete work in the garden or not.   You are within your rights to hold onto the deposit for now, until the reasonable request to return property to pre let condition is completed.    
    • Oh Yorky, I'm so sorry you're still having trouble with your dad's hospital.   I can't believe they are still being so awkward, I sometimes think they (companies in general, not just hospitals) forget that we put ourselves through this stress and worry not because we want to, or even because we have to, but because we want what's best for our loved ones.   Their advice for you to deliver the form in person is at odds with the advice on their own website stating that visits have been suspended due to Covid. I mean, I would understand if someone wanted you to drop off clothes for your dad, but a piece of paper? Which could end up anywhere? That's... crazy.   I don't know if the following link is worth a try or whether you've been down this road, but the hospital website has details of all the consultants Consultants | North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust WWW.NTH.NHS.UK If you want to find out details of our hospital consultants and contact information you can search for them in our A-Z. obviously you'll know your dad's consultant name, but the phone numbers on there, are they ward ones that you've tried before or do they look different?   That said, even if you are more successful with that, definitely still get PALS and as much senior management on board as you can with a formal complaint. You shouldn't have to go to such lengths to get hold of the right people and for the right information, especially at such a stressful time.   You point out that you remember you're doing this for your brother and your dad, which is the best approach. I'm sure they, in their own way, know that you are pushing yourself and pushing the hospital for an outcome as you are is because of them.   I know it's easy for someone on the internet to say "look after yourself", "do this to help with stress" etc, but if you do feel you need extra help with dealing with your stress/worry, please don't be afraid to seek help from a doctor yourself. A "well" you is the best sort of support for your dad and brother.   I wish I could offer more support and I'm sure that if anyone else of the CAG community has any other suggestions, I'm sure they will come here and let you know.  
    • Ok update.  I have spent the last week or two, trying to get help from the Staff Nurses and Matron, regarding the Consultant or someone to have my dads lack of capacity documented, either their own paperwork or me sending COP3. I   they have informed the consultant looking after my dad, who at this moment is sounding very ill, with medical issues on top of delirium and confusion, he is apparently having blood transfusion bag things. not eating and drinking. I have even spoken to the consultants secretary to explain the urgent matter and to have the consultant contact over the last few days WITHOUT SUCCESS, conversion ended today with its a legal form can I take it into hospital personally, er..I dont drive and Im in Northampton, Hospital is Stockton on Tees.    the nurses cant help need to speak to consultant!!!!!!! conversation ended with well I will complain to PALS, GMC secretary of Health or whoever......reply was looks like it then?   I have just compiled a 3 page letter [well e mail one] sent to PALS, I will follow up with a written one and to whoever else I can contact.   I need this medical form before I can do anything else with court or appointee   anyone have any ideas cos Im now at my gasping point, wondering why the hell am I taking on all this stress and worry, then I think of my younger brother, and that reminds me why I am doing it and doing it for.
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I am currently having problems with a company trying to recover an old debt. I started a Hire purchase agreement in 2004 for a motor vehicle. I had to have a guarantor for which I used my farther.

Two and a half years later I got into financial difficulty though illness and no work. It came to the point where I couldn’t keep up with payments and was receiving a lot of harassment. Every payment missed they would charge the same again for been late so would have to find double for the amount to bring the account up to date. With my farther been guarantor he was getting hassle also.


After a couple of months of no payment, it got to the point where the company sent a representative to discuss the account. After discussion I was given the option to bring the account up to date or to surrender the car and pay any outstanding amount after auction. I was told that surrendering the car wasn’t classed as repossession and the agent also told me that if I was to surrender the vehicle my farther would no longer be involved in the agreement. He also said that 99 percent of the time people don’t have to pay the arrears they just get wiped off. This sounded appealing and as my farther was getting hassle along with myself I chose to surrender the vehicle as I didn’t want him involved in this any more and just wanted rid.

A few weeks later the car got taken away, I never saw this as I was in hospital. After the car was taken we never heard a thing for about 6 months, I rang them every week to find out if it had sold and for what amount. After 6 months they told me it had sold for one thousand five hundred pounds and told me there was around 6500 left on the agreement and had to arrange payment plan. I arranged a plan and paid them for four or five months but then for some reason lost contact.


Now nearly four years on thinking the debt must have settled for not hearing any think my farther received a call from a company demanding money for the debt saying that they had brought the debt and couldn’t contact me so with him being guarantor he was liable for this. Now I understand that in a normal case that would be correct as that is what guarantors do but I had been told that he was no longer joined to this so it surprised me that not only a company was ringing about the debt but was demanding money from him.

After speaking with the company my self they say they have no record of what happened and was going by the current agreement, they also told me my car sold for two thousand pounds which is five hundred pounds more then the last company said.


They want a settlement figure of £3995 or 120 payments of £49.95.


I cant really afford these payments and don’t want my dad getting harassed again, neither of us have the settlement but then why should he anyway.


Other points are that I had payment protection but cancelled it due to it not been worth while. Also Iam not a hundred percent but think I may have paid 50% if not far from it.


Can anyone help with this thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

OK first things first, I would send a sar to the original creditor for ALL info on this alledged debt, secondly when was the exact last time you made a payment or written acknowledgment on this debt.


in the mean time tell the new dca that you dispute all this debt due to being informed at the time of what you said above and that the onus is on them to prove otherwise.




Getting There Slowly



Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...