Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • First of all welcome to the Forum. Do not worry about Drips+ -a dead sheep has more power so do not let them bother you and never contact them. It is a pity that you wrote to PE  which would be perfectly normal, except with crooks like PE  as you may have revealed you were the driver. You have lost the protection of POF A but it is not a fatal. Please do not even think of paying a penny. The amount may go higher in the short term but when the poor dears do not hear from you they get worried ( because they think to won't pay) do they start sending begging letters and reduce the amount owed.I One of the Site Team will be along shortly and give you a template to fill in which helps us to give you the best advice should they not give up. Just complete the form and post up photos of the signs at the entrance to the hotel and others around the car park and the terms on their ticket machine if there is one.
    • HI   You took possession of the Property in 2010 but when did you end the Tenancy Agreement?   Did you give them the required Notice to end your Tenancy?   You mention you paid a Deposit in 2010, was this returned when you ended the Tenancy?   You need to know exactly what they are claiming money owed is for and surprised that solicitors letter does not mention this.   Send the Landlord a Subject Access Request (SAR) asking for 'ALL DATA'  (ensure to send a copy to the Solicitor acting for them as well. 
    • yes only court...   can I confirm this was settled via Barclaycard and chargeback as it was a debit card, rather than section 75 via a creditcard?  
    • Hi   Sorry for the delay in getting back to you don't worry we have not forgot you.   So they have destroyed ALL DATA personal to you as you did not take the Property. (really they have put there foot in it)   If they hold no personal data then they have NO evidence of what was agreed to with your Holding Deposit and the refusal to return it.   Now if it was me I would let them drop themselves in it even further by responding to there SAR response.   Thank you for your SAR Response dated XX/XX/2019   Due to this response I require clarification of the following:   1. Have you followed the Data Protection Act 2018 & General Data Protection Regulations on Destroying My Personal Data?   2. If you have Destroyed All My Personal Data then what documentation do you hold that I have signed/agreed to the Holding Deposit being Non-Refundable and to provide copies of this documentation.   3. I require a copy of your Policy on Holding Deposits   Please bear in mind the above is what I would do.   I do think it is looking like you may have to go down the court route (make sure and have a good read of that link I previously gave you to the Tenants Fee Act).
    • HI   Firstly the parking in front of your drive, do you have a pavement with a Drop Kerb in front of your property to access your driveway, if so are they infringing on the Drop Kerb? (note your can ask the council to to paint a white line with lines at the end on the road in front of the drop kerb please note there may be a cost from the council to do so)   As for the CCTV look at this ICO link: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/domestic-cctv-systems-guidance-for-people-using-cctv/   Due to the new DPA/GDPR if you have CCTV on your Property and it views outside of that Properties Bounderies they then need to register as a Data Controller with the ICO.   So I would make a Formal Complaint in writing to the Councils Data Controller, ICO (specifically asking if this individual is Registered with them as a Data Controller) & Police, you need to keep a good paper trail of this individuals actions.   I hope this individual knows the Law on Harassment as from your thread that is the impression I get is no matter what you do they will find something else to complaint about.  
  • Our picks

Billy goat gruff

EGG PPI Refund +8%

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3512 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi folks,

My wife has just had a letter from Egg who have put their hands up & are going to refund her £1200+ mis sold PPI however she doesnt want it paid into her egg account she wants it as a personal cheque to her. Any advice/template letters that we can use to challenge this please?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Egg unlawfully extracted premiums for missold PPI they are bound to refund same unless they want to contest it in court. However if these PPI levies displayed in your statements were not paid off by the cardholder, then Egg could argue that because you never paid for them, they need never repay you, instead they would be justified to REVERSE these charges plus 8% per annum as a paper transaction.


If at any stage you had reduced your outstanding balance to zero or near zero, then you could argue you physically paid off the PPI levies, so now they should pay back into your pocket what was physically paid to Egg from your pocket.


If since then your balance again rose due to purchases, that would be due to subsequent separate debits, which should not be offset by PPI refunds.


Egg would say, as they extracted premiums from the account not from your pocket, then they would be justified in refunding the account so long as it remains open and in force.


If the account is no longer open, but was actually sold off into the ownership of a DCA, then that would be very different. They are legally bound to refund you, not the DCA. Egg never took premiums off the DCA so they cannot refund the DCA.


Unless the account had been sold, it would be a very difficult argument to carry against Egg, who are afraid they may refund you but you may not repay the account balance. I have never heard of anyone winning such an argument unless the account had been sold off to a DCA. I myself would not spend time trying.


Sorry if this is not the favoured answer, but very well done in securing such a handsome refund, the drinks are on you. :D

Edited by Mistermind



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive written to them asking for a personal cheque and not a refund to the egg account. Hope that I set a precedent.

Thanks for your advice and interest its really appreciated.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a reply from egg and they have paid by BACS transfer the full PPI refund + 8% into the wife`s bank account. Could the moderators set this as case won please.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...