• Tweets

• Our price is the same all day, but varies day to day. Yes there's a risk of high prices but it has never gone above SVR any time since I signed up. Last 30 days average 17.67p/kWh, max 20.67 and lowest was 11.83.  It saved just under £300 during 2023.  
    • It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

RLP-ARGOS advice please

Coachdriver01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just copied this from RLP's website

"There is therefore no question that our clients make any profit from civil recovery claims. In reality many claims are compromised and our clients do not recover the true extent of their losses in many cases."

That is obviously not the case as i am being expected to pay the retail value and not the cost value, the difference between the two to my knowledge is called PROFIT

Just copied this from RLP's website

"There is therefore no question that our clients make any profit from civil recovery claims. In reality many claims are compromised and our clients do not recover the true extent of their losses in many cases."

That is obviously not the case as i am being expected to pay the retail value and not the cost value, the difference between the two to my knowledge is called PROFIT

And Argos can make 'loss of profit' one of the items of claim against you.

They bought goods at X to sell at value Y, the difference is profit (Z), when you stole the goods you deprived them of that profit, therefore your actions caused a quantifiable loss.

However, I disagree that you should have to pay full price for the goods and then not receive them, either they charge you full retail price and then give you the goods or they rethink what their losses actually are.

Mossy

I can see your point on the loss of profit but at no point has this been brought into play. Only the retail value of the items.

RLP's exact words on the ownership of goods are

"We note your assertion that if you are to settle this claim then the the goods themselves should be passed to you.

However, you will be paying for the damages caused to the goods, not for the ownership of the goods, as they are unfit for resale. A payment of money in these circumstances does not lead to a transfer of title to the goods. It merely compensates our client for their financial loss. There is no contract of sale and therefore the goods will remain in our clients possesion"

What damage am i paying for ??? Everything was in perfect pristine order, just not in a box, surely this is not damage ??? I have brought from retailers before, at a reduced cost, items minus the box. It is not beyond Argos' capability to sell the goods at discount as unboxed then pursue me for the difference in sale and retail price

• 2 weeks later...

I have just stumbled purely by accident upon Argos Clearance Shop on Ebay. It is run by Argos and it is where they sell end of catalogue ranges and also, what i find interesting, "refurbished goods"

This is an exerpt from there page on refurbed goods

Refurbished Products Refurbished products are all 100% OK! In fact, they represent amazing value for money, especially as we offer all our refurbished products with a full ONE YEAR warranty.

These products may be classed as refurbished for a number of reasons:

• They may have been previously sold, and subsequently returned to one of our parent stores and not put back on sale for cosmetic packaging reasons. This is often as little as a broken seal.
  • Alternatively, they may simply have incurred a minor amount of cosmetic packaging damage during handling in the day to day running of our business.
  • Some items may also have been returned to our parentstores with a reported fault or where a customer had difficulty in using.

All of these products are returned to our certified testing facilities, examined and fully tested. Only products classified by our professional inspection and testing process as "A1 Condition", fully tested, working, and complete are then made available for sale through Argos Clearance Bargains. Any products that don't meet these high standards are never sold through our eBay shop or retail stores. All of our refurbished products are sold in there original manufacturers packaging unless stated on the listing.

The fact that we guarantee the products for a full year means that you can purchase with full peace of mind.

REMEMBER: WE CLEARLY STATE IN EVERY TITLE, SUBTITLE OR LISTING IF A SPECIFIC PRODUCT IS REFURBISHED. IF IT DOESN'T SAY REFURBISHED THEN IT'S ALWAYS BRAND NEW

The part i've highlighted in red is of most interest. It would appear that Argos do from time to time sell refurbished goods not packaged in original packaging. If this is the case then why would they tell me that the goods i returned were unresaleable because of the lack of packaging. If they can sell refurbished goods without packaging, why can they not sell brand new goods without packaging ????

Many thanks for your advice.

Think I will ignore RLP initially and write to Argos asking them substanciate RLP's demands even though the letter states I should not contact Argos, but then I guess it would !!!!

argos have obviously instructed RLP to act on their behalf as their "legal agents". Would you be happy if you had instructed solicitors to act on your behalf but the other party wrote directly to you? i think not.

Hi everyone

Before i start i'd just like to say i'm not here to be judged by other users i would just like a little advice.

Ok down to business

I got a part time xmas temp job at Argos in November after losing my previous job in July through ill health.

After xmas when things were extremely hard financially and my contracted hours being dropped to 6 hours a week I allegedly stole a few high value items from Argos with the intention of selling them on in an attempt to keep my head above water.

the police were called. The items allegedly stolen were rerturned. The returned items were in totally un-used condition but without the boxes as they had been removed from the boxes prior to removing them from the store.

I received a caution from the police as the claimed stolen items were returned and had my employment with Argos terminated.

I have now received a letter from RPL claiming....

Total value of goods/monies/services-------------£1003.95

Recovered goods/monies/service-----------------£ 0.00

Value of unrecovered or unfit for resale goods----£ 1003.95

Staff/management time-------------------------£ 50.00

Admin costs------------------------------------£ 0.00

Security and surveillance------------------------£ 0.00

TOTAL -----------------------------------------£ 1053.95

If i pay within 21days i get a huge £10 discount.

I'd just like a little advice on what i should do before I call them, considering i returned all the stolen items.

Yes i stole the stuff, yes i admitted it, yes i agree to some losses for Argos' but should i really have to pay the full price for all the items.

Also if argos are saying that the goods are not saleable therefore i should pay for them then shouldnt i be entitled to the goods ????????

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

are you for real??? you stole the items? you admit what you did? why not face up the the responsibilities?

argos have obviously instructed RLP to act on their behalf as their "legal agents". Would you be happy if you had instructed solicitors to act on your behalf but the other party wrote directly to you? i think not.

The OP can contact Argos direct if he/she chooses & RLP are certainly NOT legal agents which no doubt you use to imply they are lawyers they are not they are simply debt collectors

I can see your point on the loss of profit but at no point has this been brought into play. Only the retail value of the items.

RLP's exact words on the ownership of goods are

"We note your assertion that if you are to settle this claim then the the goods themselves should be passed to you.

However, you will be paying for the damages caused to the goods, not for the ownership of the goods, as they are unfit for resale. A payment of money in these circumstances does not lead to a transfer of title to the goods. It merely compensates our client for their financial loss. There is no contract of sale and therefore the goods will remain in our clients possesion"

What damage am i paying for ??? Everything was in perfect pristine order, just not in a box, surely this is not damage ??? I have brought from retailers before, at a reduced cost, items minus the box. It is not beyond Argos' capability to sell the goods at discount as unboxed then pursue me for the difference in sale and retail price

In a civil claim they must mitigate their loss nor may they be unjustly enriched. If your paying the FULL retail price rather than just for the damage (if any) they must offer you ownership

By demanding full payment there is a contract of sale. At the very least you are entitled to know where & at what price the goods have been sold at

• 2 months later...