BankFodder BankFodder

Michael Browne

Sheriff puts Bank of Scotland to proof on bank charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2658 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

As representatives of Hizbullah said to the Archbishop of Canterbury's special envoy to Lebanon in 1987-

"Terry - wait...."

This wait is killing me! Having been married for over 40 years I'm just not used to so much silence.

However I suppose we've just got to think that no news is good news - but it's bl**dy frustrating just how these banks are managing to find more ways to hold on to the money they've taken from us in all these unfair charges over many years!

BD

£50k saved and £7k charges refunded:

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

Abbey Loan/BCW 50% - saved £2k. Barclaycard/CSL 40% - saved £6k

Monument/DCA 35% - saved £1k. LTSB/Wescot 50% - saved £4k

HBOS Visa £5k charges refund via Blair Oliver Scott

RBS Direct Line/(genuine) solicitors June 2010 40% - saved £3k

Morgan Stanley/Aktiv Kapital £11k SB Nov 2010

Over £40k balance write off and charges refunds to fight for:

HBOS O/d Charges £5k. Egg Loan/Aktiv Kapital CCA Dispute £8k

Egg Card/Fredrickson taking £5 monthly but CCA & Charges Dispute £4k

Goldfish/1st Credit DN/TN Dispute £9k. Capital One/CSL charges claim £4k

Barclaycard/CSL taking £5 monthly on £10k debt

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

I agree it is frustrating but I understand that Mike Dailly is involved in a great many things at the moment. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

?

What does this mean

Morning all,

It means that a 'Confidentiality agreement' has been entered into by the parties. To put it bluntly, Clydesdale Bank plc has 'paid off' the Reids and they have received an ex-gratia (As a favour; not compelled by legal right) additional payment, which is probably quite substantial to 'keep quiet' about the settlement.

Best wishes

Dougal

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

Well what can we read into this then?

Means that Clydsdale know they can loose a lot of money if they carry on and loose, so have tried to limit their possible losses. Limitation of loss exercise., If a judgment goes against them the judgement could probably set precedence against other Banks etc. So everything seems to be back to sqauare one i.e. none the wiser.

Edited by Old Cogger

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Yep, unfortunately thats about the size of it, a win for his client but no further forward really.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Means that Clydsdale know they can loose a lot of money if they carry on and loose, so have tried to limit their possible losses. Limitation of loss exercise., If a judgment goes against them the judgement could probably set precedence against other Banks etc. So everything seems to be back to sqauare one i.e. non the wiser.

Morning again

I think this is a good interpretation, HOWEVER, you could read between the lines and see that there may be other comparable cases which could be settled by Clydesdale, and there is the faint possibility that other cases may be substantially similar to the Reids, but against different banks.

Perhaps a look at the early stages of the case (if it is on the net) might assist, and provide perhaps some clues as to a way forwards? Maybe I am also 'clutching at straws'? !!

Best wishes all,,

Dougal

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

I wish Mike Daily and govan law was in England so they could act for me :violin:

EDIT but i can send the details if he wants to know lol

Edited by rdm2006

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Or you could move to Scotland:madgrin:

I'm joking.

I wish Mike Daily and govan law was in England so they could act for me :violin:

now thats an idea, easier to get a job there (allegedly) lol

;)

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

Evening all,

Whilst there may be a confidentiality clause - it at least means that Mike Daily may now know what is needed for the Banks to 'cave in' ??

Any ideas on that anyone??

Best wishes to all,

Dougal

Will he share the joy

Because let's face it - that's what we all want

Greedy greedy bankers

shame they could not have told us that weeks ago tho

;)

I'd like to know what bankfodder thinks!!!!

He is the wisest man on this site and I feel he needs to share his thoughts!

Bankfodder Mayb you could join discussion

Evening all,

Whilst there may be a confidentiality clause - it at least means that Mike Daily may now know what is needed for the Banks to 'cave in' ??

Any ideas on that anyone??

Best wishes to all,

Dougal

at a guess, pretty much what the supreme court previously hinted at?

as said, the bank didn't seem to want to proceed either for economical or legal reasons, or both.

IMO

:-):rant:

Let's hope that it's only a matter of time before this tiny trickle becomes a mighty torrent as more cases are won, and inevitably information leaks into the public domain.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hopefully. but, it would prob need an actual court decision to set the ball rolling, either way.

IMO

Maybe. Depends how much the banks want to keep out of court .....

Must be a reason they're beginning to settle .......

We don't want another farce like the last one with the OFT though, so it would be good to see it finally resolved.

What's Best for You?

without a court decision, no starting precedent as such. all out of court. yes, as you say, if they're settling out of then they could be afraid of something. something to go on. but, would need a decided case to start things off universally. can't use an out of court settlement as authority in argument!

Edited by Ford

IMO