Michael Browne

Sheriff puts Bank of Scotland to proof on bank charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2438 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

great work Mike

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Very interesting and I will follow forward. Well done GLC!

I know this is a Scottish case with repercussions (CCA etc.) However, I have been royally stitched up by Halifax who are part of Royal Bank of Scotland who now may or maynot be part of Lloyds Banking Group (Maybe as this weeks statement doesn't even mention LBG.

Bottom line, does the Scottish/English divide even matter as the business (I was going to call it a profession Lol) is so incestuous.

H

Very interesting and I will follow forward. Well done GLC!

I know this is a Scottish case with repercussions (CCA etc.) However, I have been royally stitched up by Halifax who are part of Royal Bank of Scotland who now may or maynot be part of Lloyds Banking Group (Maybe as this weeks statement doesn't even mention LBG.

Bottom line, does the Scottish/English divide even matter as the business (I was going to call it a profession Lol) is so incestuous.

H

Halifax are part of HBOS - (Halifax bank of scotland) and nothing to do with RBS

Just For info ;)

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

This looks promising. As long as the judge doesn't get a funny handshake and a backhander to see the law the same way the banks seem to interpret it.

I can't wait for my day in court with Sh-Abbey / Santander. Unlawful charges, interest and fees, unlawful termination of account on the back of an improperly served default notice on an account that was in dispute.

After the undeserved bank bonuses and their crappy attutude to their customers, we should show them no mercy. They've already boasted about record profits, so we know they have the cash available to pay us back. Paying back the money they've stolen from us and the interest on it, will help with getting this country back on it's feet once peeps have spare cash after the recession. :)

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Watching with great interest, go for it Govan Law Centre!!!!

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down

Well done Mike and the team at Govan Law Centre.

Is there scope for those with claims in court which have been on hold, to apply for an extension to the stay in the light of this new development?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

@RDM2006

You are, of course, quite correct! School boy error that I have corrected myself over the years.

I'll go and sit on the naughty step now :D

Subbing.......it's looking very interesting news guys. Fingers, toes and all crossed.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Very interesting. THank you for all the hard work that has been going on regarding charges.

Looks like we Scots are showing the way ahead again!

Well done to al the team at GLC - maybe HBOS, RBS ertc, should hang fire and not start paying out the big bonuses just yet - they might need this cash to compensate their customers - now that would be a novel thought for those wily bankers - or is the more apt adjective bily followed by a different noun?

£50k saved and £7k charges refunded:

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

Abbey Loan/BCW 50% - saved £2k. Barclaycard/CSL 40% - saved £6k

Monument/DCA 35% - saved £1k. LTSB/Wescot 50% - saved £4k

HBOS Visa £5k charges refund via Blair Oliver Scott

RBS Direct Line/(genuine) solicitors June 2010 40% - saved £3k

Morgan Stanley/Aktiv Kapital £11k SB Nov 2010

Over £40k balance write off and charges refunds to fight for:

HBOS O/d Charges £5k. Egg Loan/Aktiv Kapital CCA Dispute £8k

Egg Card/Fredrickson taking £5 monthly but CCA & Charges Dispute £4k

Goldfish/1st Credit DN/TN Dispute £9k. Capital One/CSL charges claim £4k

Barclaycard/CSL taking £5 monthly on £10k debt

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

Excellent work and a real chink of light for all reclaimers!

Just when the banks thought it was safe to go back in the water...

Wicked news :)

Would this include Halifax (halicraps) lol

chuffed that its going somewhere by someone :)

I take my hat off to GLC and wish them every success.

However a word of caution, I note that HSBC have already responded to one Cager That their Legal Team asserts that, charges cannot be challenged under Regulation 5 or 6 and that there is no unfair case under s.140A of the CCA. They have no doubt taken Counsel's advice in this matter and take comfort from it. It will be very interesting to see what the Scottish situation produces.

Carningli

In the words of the delectible Mandy Rice Davies "they would say that wouldn't they?" ;)

Mind you they must really believe it as they would never knowingly mislead us or state anything less than the truth! :rolleyes::rolleyes: - As we say in Glasgow "Aye Right!" - the only time two Affirmatives make a Negative!

BD

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

If the banks were truly confident that charges were truly fair/lawful, they would have gone to court in a few cases years ago to stop everyone else claiming, they would not have made all their "good will" payments to prevent court action, and they would not have found it necessary to revise their charging regimes.

Although this would be a great win if it worked and blow the banks claims of having won out of the water, and people would be able to use the same arguments for their own cases, in legal terms, how much weight would it carry in other cases - ie would it set a precedent?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Caro

I totally agree with your first paragraph!

I think this will have two most welcome effects.

1. It might shut them up and stop them sending out their arrogant "ha ha we won - you punters and OFT lost at SC" letters - because things are clearly no longer quite so clear cut as they were making out. :D

2. They might start making lots of "goodwill" paymemnts again - to avoid losing in lots of cases in court! :D:D

Lets stick it to them where it hurts them most - in their wallets! ;)

BD

Bigdebtor

I find it very hard to believe that the avenue presented to claimants by the SC would be closed at lesser levels by courts. I would imagine the SC would have looked long and hard at the other routes available to claimants and if there were any doubt about their success would surely not have even mentioned it in their verdict?

At the very worst, if the courts lean towards the banks on this alternate approach then surely GLC, the myriad of claims firms, consumer groups and individuals can use the same tools afforded to the banks during the OFT case and appeal, appeal, appeal all the way to the SC again?

I doubt it'll get quite as far as that though. I can see the banks getting squeaky bums over this latest development.

- now that would be a novel thought for those wily bankers -

Sorry to correct your spelling Bigdebtor, shouldn't that be 'Willey' :)

Sorry to correct your spelling Bigdebtor, shouldn't that be 'Willey' :)

Wily (pronounced whiley)= Crafty, Cunning, Sly, Guileful, Devious, Scheming and Sneaky

Sounds like a perfect description to me :D

Although willy may have suited the second option :eek:

;)

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

Hi,

Great news but my friend has a hearing for a strikeout Order coming up and he doesn't know what to do. Is there any way anyone can come up with something because I think it may be best to have a go at a amendment of PoC than just do nothing and have the claim struck out.

Any help greatly appreciated.

TheyrCriminals

Hi,

Great news but my friend has a hearing for a strikeout Order coming up and he doesn't know what to do. Is there any way anyone can come up with something because I think it may be best to have a go at a amendment of PoC than just do nothing and have the claim struck out.

Any help greatly appreciated.

TheyrCriminals

Can your Friend not ask for more time in light of recent developments ?

;)