• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Sheriff puts Bank of Scotland to proof on bank charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok this is going well

HOW we gona set this up

anyone?????

Well for a start and for an added sense of irony, any bank account set up for this fund must be started with Santander. I think it also important that the trustees make sure it doesn't go overdrawn.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I have flagged johnnymitch's suggestion for the CAG admin. Do remember though that it could cost many £ thousands to fight a bank on this issue.

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

landy do you think people will donate?????????????????????

Not sure, jdes, but I will and looks like a few are others are keen..............so let's hope so!

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

I can see this going to the EU as a breach of 'Right to Fair Trail'

The McLibel 2 where awarded damages against the UK because they had to fight their case without benefit of legal aid. So I don't think the they will be impressed that the banks can use their deep pockets to frustrate justice. Also does anyone know the background of this Sheriff?

Also does anyone know the background of this Sheriff?

I think he may have come from Nottingham and gone after some bloke who took from the rich and gave to the poor.:rolleyes:

Sorry - not helpful but couldn't resist.:smile:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Whilst at my local County Court before the District Judge where I was

seeking to amend my poc for

my claim re the charges against Lloyds TSB.The particulary obnoxious

barrister for Lloyds was waxing lyrical (the date was the day the supreme

court handed down their almost fatal decision re bank charges claims)

and I was challenging him as he was telling (IMHO) porkies, he not realising

I had seen and inwardly digested most of the decision handed down by

the Supreme Court prior to my hearing and I appeared to have more

information available than he did, cutting a long story short he apologised

on my insistance, to me re some of his porkies (over exagerations) the DJ

seeing my discomfort with him (Lloyds ) said the immortal words,

"Everyone is Equal Before the Law" he forget to add that some of us are

more "Equal" than others.

I also will be willing to make a donation to the cause in an effort to make

"Everyone equal before the Law"

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Thats what I was thinking. This should be based on the man on the 'Clapham omnibus'. A fairly straightforward case.

Im in. Infact, as it would benefit members on other sites, maybe a joint fighting fund. As the Supreme Court left the door open, maybe take it to their door, so they can rectify their perverse judgement.

Isn't what we need a 'fighting fund ' to help someone like Alison Watts to take her case to the next level .......... I'm sure there are enough people on here and other sites to raise the necessary(ring-fenced) funding in a bid to get a blanket ruling ....
Edited by rebel11

Excellent idea, we could have a picture of a 'Fat Cat' Banker, and pixel's going for £1.50:D

By the way 'Fat Cat' Bankers are pulic property, they might like to think different.

Maybe it could be done on something similar to a Pound a Pixel basis, with donors naming a favoured Charity, and any surplus funds going to the Charities receiving most nominations?

Elsa x

Maybe the Fat Cat Banker could be naked so people would donate more quickly to cover him up..with a premium on the naughty bits..

But now Im being silly....

:rolleyes:8-)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Maybe the Fat Cat Banker could be naked so people would donate more quickly to cover him up..with a premium on the naughty bits..

I've always thought that Fat Cat Bankers were, like Goebbels, deficient in that department.

Els

Earlier by timcoombs

I have a QC who has worded a press release and represented me in court and will do so further down the line. its simple someone stands up and is shot down or walks tall, end of.

If you succeed GREAT!; if not - bloody good try and what element of law did you go down on and

- when is your case?

Edited by kennyh
crap spelling

Thanks for not shooting me down, there are a lot of comments on here but it needs someone to stand up, i will be selling T Shirts and Car Stickers initially to raise what someone has put at £50k and someone else £250k. All surplus money will go to childrens ward at two hospitals. I used Section 5 UTTCR and Section 140 CCA Act. I have to put together a top legal team and fund it because the Nasty Bank have decided quite rightly this is the alternative test case. anyone attempting to lift a stay or issuing a fresh claim is wasting their time because the banks will threaten huge costs and the Nasty Bank have told ne they will throw more money at my case because of the ramifications. I now need to either find a publicist or some media contacts. If I don't contact the national press or television they will soon seek me out so I am up for being the face of the alternative line to the OFT but if do not have the right team or funding I and ultimately everyone else will end up like England when we faced Germany and this will be dead for all of us. My Particulars of Claim therefore is templated everywhere but only the Govan Law Centre has had a go and that is not English Law which is where it must be tested. I await the decision of the Southend Circuit Judge to give me my date in open court, I am happy for anyone to turn up and support me. This case can be won and we can restore the status quo so long as my team is good enough and I have paid them. For my sinns apart from anything else I have stated I am also an Accredited Mediator affiliated to ADR Chambers in London and they can assist me in fining the right team but I must find the right price and be funded somewhere so anyone want to find me a good slogan which will fit on a T Shirt and as many offers to purchase or any other backing on offer thanks and I will try and keep the site informed however it is not my site and I cannot steal the sites thunder especially as they do a good job so posts will be toned down and whilst not trying to ignore anyone responses will be limited.

Hi Tim,

Can I just say that it is so good to read someone coming forward and attempting a challenge for what could be the last chance for unauthorised overdraft charges. I am more than happy to contribute financially to your quest as I myself have been trying to raise funds to pay a solicitor to read the full Supreme Court judgement and give me guidance as to how to proceed, if we can, with me and my friends stayed claims. However we only have until the 25th November this year to amend PoC's and hopefully get a reprieve. If there was 'an alternative test case' that we could cite it would certainly bolster our chances of a hearing and hopefully our claims would then be stayed pending the result of this test case. When do you think we will know if this test case is to go to full trial? In addition I think that now is the time to start seeking mass publicity for your camapaign. Has any of the CAG site team spoken to you in an official capacity as yet? We need to get the word out there right now, today. So if there is any help we as CAG users can offer realistically then please let me know. I still can't believe there hasn't been one hearing in any English County court of the new legal arguments, do you know any different at all?

The Best of Luck,

TheyrCriminals