Unfair Debt selling Campaign 2010

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

managed to get 15 prepaid envelopes all for .......

sister wont be needing them so

enclosed a copy of oft guidelines and a brief note stating please read/learn and adhere to:D

signed it

NDCAD

SAM:pLOWELL

actually they were posted for a laugh,to waste their time opening repeat letters,like my sis has been getting repeat letters from them.

I have actually payed out for 6 letters of complaint to OFT.

complaints also send to MP

with a petition signed by 812

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually they were posted for a laugh,to waste their time opening repeat letters,like my sis has been getting repeat letters from them.

with a petition signed by 812

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Important to view the humorous side SAM.

However, I note that you have also followed the serious route as well:

Quote:

with a petition signed by 812"

Hopefully, others will follow your excellent example!

AC

x

• 5 months later...

I know this has been discussed on here several times and I can't find the right threads.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH YOUR DEBT WAS SOLD FOR?

Surely this has to be information you can obtain.

I can see a million reasons why companies would withhold this information, but it must be available thrrough SAR. Is it?

What about property law which concerns sale of debts?

Freedom of inforamtion act.

help needed, thanks.

In short if you know what the debt was sold for (or should I say how little it was sold) you can use this as a HUGE tool for neg. or defense.

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

You can't find out. Unfortunately the sale of your debt doesn't have anything to do with you, strange as it seems. Your debt is property (in effect) belonging to your creditor. They sell that property (or in legal parlance - a chose in action) and it's their business.

Besides these bin-rummaging **** won't want you to know that they onoy paid about 10% of it's value so they can screw the rest out of some unsuspecting person

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

In reality the only way to find out is to be taken to court for non-payment and to request disclosure of the deed of assignment...and then its at the judges discretion to grant or deny it. The deeds are normally for multiple tranches of debt so they'll be like a formal contract that will run into millions worth of debt sold for hundreds of thousands.

The notice of assignment will tell you its been sold and thats all thats required under the law of property act 1925(yep serious, thats how old and ancient this law is)

S.

• 1 month later...

From small acorns….

I'm gonna stand up and be counted and try to progress the quite frankly barbaric practice of selling on misery when the OC has written a debt off.

I’ve enlisted a solicitor friend and Facebook entries will pop up amongst other projects.

At this stage I not looking to change the world, but just to put the message out.

Few people understand that debts are sold for pennies in the pound usually 10p the bank has already written it off, claimed back huge tax benefits and still made money.

That’s when the real misery starts when DCA attempts to turn a profit.

It really is profit from misery and the practice has to stop, I know that most on here agree with me.

The strategy is simple educate, campaign and fight for change.

We need action not talk, so although discussion is good, suggestions put into place and coordinated assaults (Non Violent) are better.

I'm working on a few draft letters to MP's and the such, help always accepted.

no debt should be sold if it is SB, or does not have enforceable paper work. Only the OC should be able to default you and register your information with the CRA's.

Possible legislation should be in force which obliges the OC/DCA to at least inform you of the default date from the OC, and the last time a payment was made towards the account. They can then ask all they want if its SB.

Edited by 247orbital

no debt should be sold if it is SB, or does not have enforceable paper work. Only the OC should be able to default you and register your information with the CRA's.

I`m with you both on your campaign. Give me a shout.

We should at least be able to put our side to the CRA`s BEFORE they place anything on our records. The Unilateral use of CRA`s by loan companies etc. is digusting.

Count me IN!!! Even if it does get violent. LOL:cool:

Edited by mark1arby
spelling

Like the link that was posted should have the workings of first draft letter soon to hit MPs it is after all an Election year.

How do you go about press releases highlighting the practice????

Why not sign my petiton to stop DCAs marking your files, I believe the whole debt buying issue should be heavily legislated and stopped as it doesnt help people - only the companies and is very one sided.

Here is the link to my petition

Petition to: state that only the original creditor can place a negative marker on your credit file. | Number10.gov.uk

Why not sign my petiton to stop DCAs marking your files, I believe the whole debt buying issue should be heavily legislated and stopped as it doesnt help people - only the companies and is very one sided.

Here is the link to my petition

Petition to: state that only the original creditor can place a negative marker on your credit file. | Number10.gov.uk

Signed It Days Ago!!! I agree entirely. There should be a way Wecan have our sayBefore this goes on our files.

Cheers, MARK

Thanks Mark, perhaps the legislation could read

"A debt which has been unpaid for 3 months receives a primary default, this should NOT be placed on a customers credit rating until a further three months has elapsed to allow negotiations to take place. The letter must clearly state the following (I fully believe we need to close as many of their loopholes as possible in getting legislation drafted)

"On xxx date an agreement was entered into between xxx and xxx. On xxx date no payment had been received on said agreement for three months, therefore a primary default will be registered on xxx date with the CRAs..." If no payment is received after xxx date or no negotiations have taken place a secondary default will be registered on xxx date."

By giving three months between the two defaults it will stop them messing around and playing games... the fun then will be the next part that I have thought out

"Any DCA placing more than 200 secondary defaults with the CRAs during a three month period will have their files audited by an independant body to see why their collections processes have failed."

If people want to discuss this I am happy to start a new thread on "Proposed Legislation for DCAs..."

If people want to discuss this I am happy to start a new thread on "Proposed Legislation for DCAs..."

I'd be interested in that thread, SG1. For example, I'd like legislation which forces DCA that buy a debt to a) declare how much they paid for it. b) limit the amount they can collect to say 10 or 15% above the paid price. c) and still conform to CCA regulations :-)

I've not read all the thread but do have an opinion. I agree with what you say but if the banks were prevented from selling a bad debt what would happen. They'd simply use a DCA as a collector paying them even more for anything they collect.