HPH2/cohens claimform - old Cahoot 'Flexi-Loan' 'debt'***Claim Struck Out***

stevehatesbankers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it does not relate to your defence...if you maintain its statute barred then your WS should reflect the same....default Notices etc are irrelevant.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Andy, I have to return the WS by tomorrow. As a WS, is it ok or would you suggest I include the Termination Notice? Is the WS ok in its existing format and if so, I presume I wouldnt need to forward anything else

A lump sum was paid into the account by Santander in 2011 but they refused to provide a breakdown as to what the payment related to. My last payment was 2009.

If your last payment was 2009 then thats " your " last involvement with the agreement...its irrelevant if anyone else payed into...I personally do not think a Witness Statement in response is required if the defence states its statute barred..its for the claimant to prove otherwise.

But if you wish to submit anything then just copy your defence statement and add the relevant header and intro and finish with a statement of truth... dated.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Cheers Andy, just to clarify that if I forward the above to both the Court and a copy to Cohens then attend court on the due date. Should the statement be posted or uploaded via the MCOL website.

Finally, should I add anything to say that I havent received anything by way of WS from Cohens/Hoist

Cheers Andy, just to clarify that if I forward the above to both the Court and a copy to Cohens then attend court on the due date. Should the statement be posted or uploaded via the MCOL website. No

Finally, should I add anything to say that I havent received anything by way of WS from Cohens/Hoist

Yes you could add that at the end that the claimant has failed to comply with the courts Directions dated xxxxxx and request that the court impose sanctions pursuant to CPR 3.4 (2c)

3.4 (2c) - Power to strike out a statement of case

(2) The court may strike out(GL) a statement of case if it appears to the court –

© that there has been a failure to comply with a rule, practice direction or court order."

You can post them SHB to cohens and court, keep a copy for yourself

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thanks for all your helps lads. I have typed it all up and they will be posted special delivery tomorrow. I have added a statement confirming that I still havent received the claimants witness statement. Will update you in due course and sincere thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lads, just got back from my holidays yesterday and checked the Mcol site. There is no update to confirm receipt of my Witness Statement although my Recorded Delivery receipt has been signed for. Will ring the courts to confirm. Still nothing received from Cohens/Hoist

Hi lads, just got back from my holidays yesterday and checked the Mcol site. There is no update to confirm receipt of my Witness Statement although my Recorded Delivery receipt has been signed for. Will ring the courts to confirm. Still nothing received from Cohens/Hoist

MCOL does not record any status after allocation...as its transferred to your local court......MCOL has finished

I wouldn't...why tip them off they have forgot to comply with the courts directions......leave it and request the court impose sanctions.

Ahhh I thought you meant ring the claimant:thumb:

Just attend hopefully they dont intend to...given the lack of compliance with the courts directions...and request a strike out pursuant to CPR 3.4 (2c)

(1) In this rule and rule 3.5, reference to a statement of case includes reference to part of a statement of case.

(2) The court may strike out(GL) a statement of case if it appears to the court –

(a) that the statement of case discloses no reasonable grounds for bringing or defending the claim;

(b) that the statement of case is an abuse of the court’s process or is otherwise likely to obstruct the just disposal of the proceedings; or

© that there has been a failure to comply with a rule, practice direction or court order.

Just want to forward an update.

Just received 2 letters today,

one from my Local County Court and

one from Howard Cohen.

The first states that It is ordered that the Claim is "Struck out", the hearing listed is vacated.

It further states that

" Because this order has been made by the court without considering representations from the parties, the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed. A party wishing to make an application must send or deliver the application to the court to arrive within 7 days of service of the order.

The second letter I received from Howard Cohen states they have been instructed by their client to discontinue the Claim with the court.

They state they will notify the court that the claim has been discontinued.

They remind me that this does not mean that I am no longer liable for the debt and their clients may decide to take legal action in the future.

They have also attached a Notice of Discontinuance although this has the court down as Northampton Business Centre rather than my local CC

:whoo:yes!!

another fleecer fallen on their sword...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:-) As expected...well done steve..thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

Great result SHB, another one bites the dust!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.