• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HPH2/cohens claimform - old Cahoot 'Flexi-Loan' 'debt'***Claim Struck Out***

stevehatesbankers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had one of those "day light ROBBERY flexible loans" with Cahoot for a number of years.

I was one of those victims who paid religiously only to have the rate ramped up from 7.9% to 14.9%.

I complained then shortly after they ramped up the rate to 19.9% I believe.

I CCA'd via a CMC who stated that the agreement had a number of breaches but were not prescribed term breaches

and it would be touch and go if it was to go to court.

Needless to say I can't afford to pay them and will never be able to pay the debt off.

Any suggestions with regards attacking them on the unfair relationships issue etc.

Surely these people can't and shouldn't be allowed to get a way with this blatent daylight robbery

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

You can see from my experience with cahoot, or whatever they want to call themselves accordingly, that we are well and truly shafted.

It seems quite legal to hike up an interest rate to such an extent that it will never be paid off.

Indeed the only saving grace is death !

• 4 weeks later...

The other thing about this bunch, most of debts have been defaulted. Other than you guessed it, they have continued to charge interest and in some cases charges even after sending my first DN. I'm currently making token payment and I was going to increase them until I received my latest DN's the amount has increased dramatically so basically they can go whistle now. I spoke to them last year and they assured me that no further interest or charges would be added. Unbelievable.

Pumpytums

• 4 years later...

I had an agreement with Cahoot who continued to rob me blind until I refused to pay.

Some letter tennis with Santandar followed and I made several complaints regarding their extortionate rates of interest including letters to the CEO.

The eventually knocked over £5k off the balance but refused to give me a breakdown of this figure.

After further requests they engaged the services of a couple of Debt Collection Agencies who gave up after repeated requests for a credit agreement.

The debt was eventually sold to HPH2 Ltd over 18 months ago who have since allocated Robinson Way to contact me.

Robbers have sent me a copy signed agreement which appears non compliant

and in their letter to me, they have stated that if an original credit agreement wasn't available,

a reconstituted copy may be provided.

Best thing is, is that they have reconstituted it on to Santandar Letter Headed Paper

Hi all

I have moved this thread to DCAs forum where hopefully more advice will be forthcoming.

Regards

SS

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

robbers way are HPH2

if your loan was prior to apr 2002

a recon is no good.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Not compliant at all. Wheres the app form, terms and conditions at inception, any changes, and at termination?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

well sadly its the agreement you signed

so just be a bit careful here

being on satans bank letterhead doesnt mean its un-en.

there should be a few T&C sheets too mind.

have you ever sent an sar to satans bank.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Robbers sent me this as has Abbey previously.

Santander then sold it to HPH2 a couple of years ago.

I requested on a few occasions a true copy of the agreement.

Wrote to the CEO with regards how I was treated, how they tried to increase the rate of interest to over 20%.

Eventually they reduced my balance by a few grand but refused to show how they arrived at such a figure,

then they stopped sending demands thus sold it to Robbers.

Looking at the agreement, I thought it was unenforceable devoid of a lot the terms required for the Agreement to be enforceable.

Included in Robbers letter, it states if an original agreement was not available, under the CCA, a reconstituted copy may be provided.

In other words, they haven't got the original.

Also, not sure if this is valid but this was signed by Cahoot before I did

From your info, it sounds like it was sold on because the OC mucked up big time and wanted to get rid of it.

have you ever sent a SAR to the OC?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

if this 'were' to ever goto court

I'd not be happy recommending for you to solely rely on that not being enforceable

it is the agreement you signed

and you know that too I think

sar time.

and they

Hi dx100uk,

they have more or less confirmed that this is a reconstituted agreement as they don't have the original.

I am never overly confident in dealing with these lowlifes but would you expect from your experience that they would contemplate going to court with this copy.

As stated earlier, they have copied it on to Santandar paper who only came on to the scene over the last 3 or 4 years.

Has any others had dealings with these companies?

yes lots of threads here about them.

I would suggest that that is the way the CCA return came from satans bank

not that anyone else did it.

noway of knowing what/if they will now do anything

pers I'd sit tight.

and they

• 1 year later...

Urgent assistance required please.

This Agreement has recently reared its ugly head.

Having been passed around a number of DCAs,

Santandar eventually sold it to Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Ltd who are using Robinson Way to try and collect on it as stated on my previous posts.

Having requested on a number of occasions a true copy of the credit agreement

together with T&Cs etc yet all they have sent me is the same as Santander.

A few weeks ago I received a threat of court action from solicitors Howard Cohen

yesterday received a claim form from the County Court Business Centre in Northampton.

It appears to be a photo copied claim form ( form N1SDT ).

I need to file my defence within 14 days so any assistance is appreciated.

I know members on here have stated that the agreement is unenforeable as it is devoid of many of the prescribed terms.

I dont recall ever receiving a copy of their T&Cs.

I also checked the FCA register and noticed that Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Ltd are not authorised or regulated to collect on outstanding debts so further guidance on this matter would also be greatly appreciated.

Forgot to mention

on the claim form it states under the Particulars of Claim that a default notice has been served upon the Defendent pursuant to Section 87 (1) CCA and they are proposing to add interest from the date of the claim.

Furthermore the state legal reps costs are £100 and Court £553.

I have just checked my credit file and it appears that although there is a default from Santandar from 2011, Hoist have put another one on in April this year

please fill this out:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**

as for the FCA register

they are covered by the group licence

and they

and they

copy and paste the questions to a new msg box here

then answer each question.

go look at other claim threads you'll see

dx

and they

Name of the Claimant: Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd, R/O First Floor, Le Masurier House, La Rue le Masurier, St Helier, Jersey. JE2 4YE

Date of issue – 12 May 2016

Date to submit defence = Monday 13th June by 4pm

POC

1.The Claim is for a sum of £11500 in respect of monies owing pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA)

under account number XXXXXX XXXXXXXX.

The debt was legally assigned by Santandar UK PLC to the Claimant and notice has been served.

2.The Defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement.

A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to Section 87 (1) CCA.

3.The Claimant claims

1. The sum of £11500

2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from the XX/04/2016 to the date hereof 14 days in the sum of £XX.XX.

3. Daily interest at the rate of £XX.XX

4. Costs

I dont recall receiving an official Notice of Assignment although I received letters from both Hoist and Santandar staing the debt had been sold to Hoist. These letters arrived in the same envelop.- then that is the NOA - DX

Santadar wrote to me a number of times stating this Default Notice was served under section 87 (1) of the CCA 1974

which are just identical typed letters and eventually defaulted the account mid 2011.

Statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – stopped in late 2011.

I ceased making payments April 2009

stating the account was in dispute although they continued to add interest.

I requested on several occasions a true copy of the alleged credit agreement and T&Cs,

a copy of the agreement I posted up on CAG and they have sent 3 different T&Cs which are barely legible

I communicated to Cahoot in late 2011 that they were instrumental in contributing towards my financial hardship

by raising interest rates to nearly 20% which resulted in me writing to the CEO.

Prior to this, I had offered to pay £120 but this was never accepted.

Following my email to Chief Executive, they wrote back and offered to my balance by £XXXX

and apply the original interest rate from when the loan was opened (as a goodwill gesture).

This figure was paid off the account.

I requested a full breakdown of this figure knowing it should have been substantially more

as they were charging me approx £250 o £300 per month interest.

As mentioned, I did communicate my financial problems to the original creditor

and their DCAs and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan to no avail.

I heard nothing for a year then they engaged the services of DCAs again.

The claim relates to a Cahoot Flexible Drawdown Loan

Date of Agreement XX/XX/2002

The claim has been issued by Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd.

It was originally Cahoot, became Santandar then assigned to Hoist

I will resend a CCA Request to the claimant for a copy of the agreement

I will Send a CPR31.14 request to the solicitor named on the claim form

for copies of documents mentioned/implied within the claim form.

I am wanting to defend this claim so all assistance will be greatly appreciated

Will I need a CPR Part 18 - and this will need to be drafted specifically and what else do I need to do at present

Thanks again,

SHB

I ceased making payments April 2009

if this is true the debt is statute barred.

simply ack the claim {AOS] on the MCOL website

defend all

leave juris unticked.

as said

if you are 100% sure your last payment was apr 2009

then there is nothing to stop you filing the SB defence now.

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (insert date).

2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation act 1980.

If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £[insert figure from their POC] or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

..ends..

and they

Morning dx100uk, last payment from me was 2009 although Santandar paid £4000 into the account in 2012 as mentioned.

Would this still be deemed as SB if dialogue had taken place in early 2012

with me stating my refusal to pay as a result of them increasing their rates of interest to exorbitant levels,

failure to supply me with a True copy of the agreement

as well as querying the outstanding balance on the account.

Having gone through my file I kept,

I have also discovered that not only did they send me differing T&Cs,

they were dated after the alleged agreement was started

has to be a payment by you.

their [refunding] doesnot count.

I would worry too much about the exchanges

unless the fleecers get all the info

which they never do

it cant hurt you

pers i'd file the SB defence.

dx

and they