done deal car insurance...

badboy09
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

has anyone had any problems with these company ?

i have been waiting 12 days for a refund off them for car insurance i initially had with them , i cancelled it the next day as i was mislead by them ,and im still waiting for a refund anyone else had problems ?

everytime i ring them they tell me yes yes ur money will be back in ur account in the next couple of days and it never seems to happen !!!

badboy09

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently going through hell with Done Deal car insurance. My partner and I have just switched from More Than to done deal as it was cheaper. Done Deal are now requesting proof of my partners 9 or more years no claims, as More Than can only state 6 years or more due to the fact that on their website, when getting a quote on line, one can only select the 5 or more years bar, as the option to say you have more isn't there. I have had to trawl through bank statements dating back to 2006 to find out who our insurers were then so that they can forward on info to more than, who then need to forward this info on to Done deal.......arrrgghh! It has been time-consuming and frustrating to say the least. I'm have still not managed to get this proof as the office at the AA is not open until Monday! If I am unable to get proof, Done Deal are demanding an extra £62 on top of what we have already paid! If we had known this before we would have stuck with More Than, got it cheaper and with no hassle. Oh, I forgot to mention that Done Deal didn't send out a letter until after our '14 day cooling off period' in which we had the right to cancel the policy and get our money back!!! This is the first time we have been with Done deal and it will certainly be the last!

Have you got your money back yet?? Tell eveyrone you know to NOT GO WITH DONE DEAL EVER!!!

• 1 year later...

Yes what a load of rubbish i have just recived a letter saying my car insurance has been cancelled due to not reciving prof of no claims this was sent 10 days ago come on you would have got this by now now they are wanting to charge me £54 to start a new policy up what a joke

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Took out comecial vehicle policy with these guys good qote and all looked good

letter 1 an increase in payments

letter 2 another increase in payment

letter 3 as there was a gap between the old insurance (YES INSURANCE) and the new one can I send proff of insurance for those couple of months, replied asking why and explaining the vehicle was in our workshop undergoing major engine repairs at the time..just to be told insurance was cancelled 2 days ago, and we want £59.

Ive just had to pay out over£400 to get the van trailered to a pound..

Class action to get these guys struck off..im up for it

Keith

Well Ive got an update on DONE DEAL INSURANCE

It seems that acording to these guys if there is a break in your insurance (maybe cos like me you didnt need the vehicle or its off the road) they consider it to be fraudulent and will cancell your policy.

another thing they feel its OK to do is to cancell your insurance one day and write to you the next day and send the letter second class post informing you of the cancellation.

So that means you may have been driving for a week uninsured.....

SOMETHING MUST BE DONE TO STOP THESE GUYS ...

• 8 months later...

I am putting in a complaint to Done Deal (and the FOS);

very rude customer services;

do not acccept prima facia evidence of NCD;

my advice is to give these '[problematic]' a wide berth low quotes to pull you in followed by farce.

I will go to small claims to seek redress.

Clues in the name really (Get)DoneDeal !!

• 10 months later...

Don not buy of these people and avoid like the plague - just had the misery of dealing with these people. They cancelled my wife's policy after not receiving proof of no claims which was posted in good time. Unlike every other broker on the planet, they weren't prepared to accept a scanned and emailed copy as "they don't trust scanned and emailed documents as customers can lie". Nice. Have been promised a call back within two hours from customer services manager after speaking to the world's worst customer service operative this morning who informed me that it's "no pint in complaining as no-one will refund your premium after cancellation". We'll see in that case; game on.

Will be posting progress from this point onwards

Step 1 find the CEO/MD

Contact them

Ring them remind them of Distance Selling Regulations

Report them to regulator

:roll:You might be lucky :roll:

>

>Dear Customer

>Thank you for your email.

>Your policy was cancelled as requested and a full refund has been issued to you.

>£217.28 was issued back to the original card used to pay for the policy on 07.01.2013.

>There is no cover for vehicle XXXXX

>I trust this answers your query.

:roll:Then suddenly customer services wakes up:roll:

FIGHT ON DONT LET THEM BROW BEAT YOU.