Moorcroft Called At My Door.

kimberley6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

Just wondered if anyone could give me some advice on Moorcroft.

They have been appointed agents for Natwest,on a credit card I owe just over £2000 on.

They have written to me once to offer me a reduction on the amount.

They hold another account of mine as well,and have sent a couple of letters saying a representative may call at my house,so I sent a letter saying that under common law ,only the postman or people asking for directions where allowed on my property and they certainly were not and that they would be trespassing if they did.

B****r me yesterday they put a card through my door saying they had called and I owed the £2000+ to Natwest and I had till the 12th Mar to contact them or else legal proceedings may start.

It gave me a local number to call and I think I know the guy.(Shock,Horror).

Just a thought that could this be a breach of the Data Protection Act?

Any thoughts on this please.

Hi,

I would complain to them, Trading standards and the OFT as they ignored your reasonable request not to call AND for putting personal information on a card and not putting it in an envelope. Doesn't matter that he posted it through your letterbox. The fact is that it contained personal info which anyone could see.

Complain, complain and complain some more

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

and the person you think you may know see or check he has a valid licence to collect debts and is he fully employed by moorecroft or is he working as self employed as it is moor have already breach there trading licence by sending someone without permission and on specific instructions from yourself go for it ...get trading standards involved

and the oft

Have you had any dealings with them?

Not with Moorcroft but they are all near as much the same. They don't like it when you play them at their own game. They all use the phone as their primary tool of aggression and letters as their scare tactics.

I've had the Leeds Losers and Wescot who I've seen off but I'm not doing so well in getting rid of Crapbot but then, they haven't bothered me for the last 16 months either

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

and the person you think you may know see or check he has a valid licence to collect debts and is he fully employed by moorecroft or is he working as self employed as it is moor have already breach there trading licence by sending someone without permission and on specific instructions from yourself go for it ...get trading standards involved

and the oft

In my neck of the woods, Moorcroft do have a self-employed collector (actually a really nice old guy). Are you saying that he would need a license to collect on their behalf? What if he didn't?

If he doesn't have a licence then he cannot approach you never mind collect. It doesn't matter how nice anyone is - they are collecting for companies that profit from human misery and don't care what laws they break to do it. Moorcroft huff and puff but are not the brightest vermin in the cesspit and I have twice got rid of them quite easily.

Moorcroft are numpties. No authority or hold over anyone, much as they so desperately try to state otherwise.

Best course of action is to complain - seems unanimous. I'd do the same, and if nothing else, it's another nail in their coffin.

I hope they are not back to there old tricks of putting cards through doors by post and saying they visited.

Anyway, they have no more right be stood at your door than an Icecream seller.

If they do show up tell very unpolitely to sling there hook, slam door.

THEY HAVE NO LEGAL RIGHT TO COLLECT DEBT AND IN THIS CASE NO BACKING FROM THE COURT.

Moorcroft is in trouble you heard it here first, my source still works for them so I can say no more, but lets hope for good news.:cool:

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

I have, in the past, checked the position regarding licencing of doorstep collectors. They are generally self-employed. The OFT says that if they only do work for one company, then they are agents of the company and covered by that company's licence; if they work for more than one company they need their own licence.

Moorcroft like to pretend that because their collectors are self-employed they aren't responsible for their actions; they are.

Whilst I have no sympathy for anyone who takes on the job, it's worth notng that Moorcroft exploits its collectors - commission only, the colector pays all his own expenses and takes all the risk. If they are unsuccessful, it costs Moorcroft nothing. This is why you should complain if they break the rules.

• Haha 1

Hi there

Moor@crap are usually the easiest to see off -- surprised you haven't had a letter from their new pre-whatever department yet (pre-school, pre-pubescent, pre-teen etc etc).

They'll just pass this on to the next DCA in the foodchain (or back to the OC) very quickly -- these people have probably got enough poor souls who unfortunately have never heard of CAG paying them that they can't be bothered with anybody even challenging them in the slightest.

From Moor@crap who invariably NEVER have the correct paperwork you can hold up the rest indefintely with "Debt in dispute".

Once a debt gets passed to moor@crap you're nearly home and dry.

Cheers

jimbo