"Fixed amount" in small calim or not?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm planning to claim 1 week of "rent in advance"of £106 & my deposit £675 from my pervious landlord.

I know I shouldnt have paid for the full month's rent on my final month when I only intended to stay there for 3 week only. But at the time I though I shall not give him any excuses to deduct my deposit, so I paid up front to cover my back.

I gave hime 2 weeks to repond to my LBA and heard no spond, so I am going to make the claim tomorrow and I would like to know the following:

- Do I have a case to claim for the "rent in advance"? I told him in advcance that I will be leaving on the 9th but the rent is due every 16th. (P.S. he didnt served me the S21 notice and asked me to move out on the 20th and I told him I need to move on the 9th instead of 20th, he said it is OK)

- Do I have to make two seperate claims for that or I could combine them?

- It is a fixed amount or variable amount?

- would I be better off do it offline as I can summit images of my room when I move out.

Thanks!

Edited by knonist

1 claim, yes you do have a case (as he served notice on you), fixed amount, and you will be given opportunity to provide images at a later stage, so online will be fine.

:)

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Im not clear why you are claiming your deposit back via court and not the arbitration process of the TDS scheme its held in? - are you suggesting it isnt held in one?

The initial contract was signed in March 2007.

Although he increased the rent in 2008, but I was told that doenst count as a new contract.

Was that ever established Planner?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!