Toddlers shoes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, looking for some quick advice.

Basically we bought some new shoes for my 21mth old daughter last sunday from an independant local shoe shop. it has a fantastic reputation locally and we have never had problems in the past.

Basically my daughter wore the shoes for about 5hrs on the sunday afternoon/evening - when we got her ready for bed blisters were forming on either side of both ankles as well as red patch where the shoes had been rubbing on the back of her heel.

We thought this might just be as they were new so we tried them again monday and tuesday evenings after she got home from nursery but with similar results - slightly less angry marks - but then she was wearing them for less time.

Given we paid £67 for these shoes my wife went back to shop to exchange/get a refund on these on wednesday, however she was told that they would not refund as there was nothing wrong with these shoes and they have never had any problems in the past with them. They suggested we had them on the wrong setting (they are buckles) - however using these settings give similar results. they also suggested we should put plasters on her feet to avoid them rubbing.

I plan to go back to the store this weekend but was wondering if anyone knew what my rights are - the shoes have obviously been worn as otherwise these problems wouldn't have come to light however they have only been worn indoors.

any contributions welcome.

many thanks.

Further to above just found this on webby:

Consumer Direct - Clothes and shoes

states that you are not entitled to any recourse if items do not fit - how is a 21mth old supposed to tell you that shoes are rubbing?

thx.

Correct me if i'm wrong but arn't shoe shops supposed to measure children's feet when buying?

I think it will depend on the sort of shop they were bought from. If it is one that has 'trained' fitters and the customer relied on such expertise then I'd fight for my money back. If the shoes were fitted by the parents it's a different story.

At £67 I would of thought that the shop would of had trained fitters

My first thought too but then realised it's far more money than you'd pay for Clarks or Start-rite which are the makes I associate with trained fitters.

hi all,

to confirm whilst not a chain like clarks it does have its own trained staff that fit shoes which we obviously relied upon.

My wife tried to take shoes back on wednesday for refund/exchange for different pair but they refused based on "they have never had problems with these shoes before" and "we were obviously using buckle on wrong setting" ie too loose i assume but problem persisted when we changed the bukcle "setting". They also said - " if symptons persist just put plasters on her feet" - not a solution i am happy with spending £67 on shoes.

thx again,