Overdraft problem

helpingfriend
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an overdraft on a current account and stopped using this account as my main account when I opened a parachute account following my CCA requests. As there is still an overdraft on this account, I haven't paid it off and closed the account yet.

I recently paid money into the account to cover the account charges and interest for the month. In the time between me paying this money in and the charges being applied to my account, the bank, I assume using the offset rule took the money out as a payment against my credit card account that is in dispute due to lack of an agreement.

The problem is, the bank have also applied the account and interest charges, and this put me into an unauthorised overdraft, for which they have told me they will now add further charges.

I'm stuck because if I put the money into the account covers these charges, they could again use them to pay my credit card. If I don't put money in I'm going to get even more charges.

I thought the best answer would be to pay the overdraft off fully and close the account, but I'm concerned if I pay this money into the account they will again take it for the credit card.

I'm not sure what to do, please help