DVLA clamped mates van help

Limara
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all need some advice this morning my friends van was clamped by dvla ( well company working for dvla) He bought it last April and he sent in sorn the following day. now he cant find a confirmation letter for it, he is a trader and has a large amount of cars go through his possession every year.

He has received no automatic fine which surely he would have done in 10 months if the dvla didnt have the vehicle sorned. Also had similar problems with my sons bike after he sent in a sorn but he received the Automatic fine around 2 months after the tax ran out!

Any way my friends van was parked in a row of private garages which you get to by a shared unmade drive thats behind a row of terraced houses, the majority of the garages are owned by residents of the road.

The van is a major renovation jobbie and its very doubtful that it will be possible to get it mot and taxed within the 14 day deadline to get the deposit back.

He has asked me to do an appeal letter, the only information I have found about it is you have to pay the release fee first then appeal and I cant find who you actually appeal to on the dvla website, getting really fed up with all the dvla hassles our family are having at the minute, my son sent several recorded letters to the dvla about his fine and never got one reply and ended up just paying the £80 fine to stop it going further but people shouldnt just have to be forking out extra money for their inability to keep their records correct.

Any suggestions on this one please

He has to register it as him being the RK before any SORN is valid. It might be that they've not processed the change of keeper, opening up an even bigger mess.

The rules in the Finanace Act bringing penalties for not complying with the Continuous Registration [problem] catch many. The road you describe, whilst unmade appears to be fair game (and a good hunting ground) for DVLA's contractors.

• 3 weeks later...

He is the registered keeper, has been since around last April, never had anything from DVLA More problems now hes paid the clampers the release fee and sureity fee, had a week off his day job to work all out to get the vehicle back on the road as it was cheaper to do than lose the 160 quid sureity. The tax has been took into local dvla office for proof the vehicle has been taxed. A letter of appeal along with photos of the drive way and garages has been sent off to the dvla.

Today he has go ANOTHER fine £291 it says it relates to a section 29 offence using / keeping a vehicle and is listed as being on the road where he lives, the vehicle was NOT on the road and is in the private garages I cant find any info about this section 29 any one knows exactly what it is