TV Issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would somebody be able to give me some advice please?

In September '09 I bought a Sharp LCD 32" TV, with the Premiere 'Whatever Happens' guarentee. This, as I'm sure most people on this website will know, covers a 2 day pick up for the product, 10 days away to be fixed from the day it was picked up, a replacement TV set and (obviously) returned.

On the 5th Feb. 2010, I sent it away for fixing as there was an audio issue. to begin with, I phoned on a Tuesday and it was picked up on a Friday (Fail #1).

I didn't get a replacement TV as apparently there weren't any in stock (Fail #2)

I got a message from them on the following Tuesday (09/02/2010) saying that my TV had arrived at the store and was waiting on the parts to fix it.

Fine, fair enough. Although I should have got that message on the Friday, not the Tuesday.

So I've waited. 11 days after having it picked up, I've heard nothing aside from the message to say that the TV arrived at TechGuys.

I went down to the local Currys last night (16/02/2010) to find out what was going on. They were helpful enough, able to tell me my TV had been fixed and was waiting for the job to be signed off so that it could be sent back to me.

They also asked the company to call me this morning (17/02/2010) informing me of when the TV would be moved so that it could be arranged to be delivered back to me. No such call. (Fail #3)

So today I spent the best part of an hour trying to chase TechGuys up using the number that was given to me yesterday, plus the number on their website to deal with specific complaints. I just got sent round in a phonecall circle. One person said the TV was the delivery centre waiting to be sent on, another saying it was waiting to be sent on to the delivery centre. (Fail #4)

I'm no closer to having my TV back, and ALL the agreements set out BY them have been broken.

What am I supposed to do? I'm not going to be complacent in this.

Ring up the whateverhappens line on your agreement, and quote that they've breached the 10 days allowed by their agreement for a repair. They should issue vouchers so you can buy yourself a new TV, give them your email address and they should just email your voucher code, which will save you waiting for the post.

Sounds like your getting the same awful service i am getting and i don't pay extra for it-except the endless phonecalls to unhelpful staff.

I would certainly read through thr T&C's of the "whatever" happens paperwork you have as it sounds like you should be able to pull out of the agreement hopefully with a full refund.

Edit: or the above. sadly they haven't pointed out to you that your are,under that agreement entitiled to a new TV..

Sounds like your getting the same awful service i am getting and i don't pay extra for it-except the endless phonecalls to unhelpful staff.

I would certainly read through thr T&C's of the "whatever" happens paperwork you have as it sounds like you should be able to pull out of the agreement hopefully with a full refund.

Edit: or the above. sadly they haven't pointed out to you that your are,under that agreement entitiled to a new TV..

Technicaly under the agreement s/he is not entitled to a new tv until informing them she wishes them to write it off and issue vouchers. Some people have particular needs only a specific set can provide so they continue the repair assuming if you want a replacement you'll ring and quote the rule. Not to mention the TV is his/her property therefor they cannot write it off and destroy it without his/her prior consent.

But yes, once she's quoted the rule, they're obligated to provide vouchers for a new tv, plus vouchers equal to a pro-rata refund of the remaining whateverhappens cover. At which point I'd be arguing for slightly more than pro-rata due to not getting the loan TV you paid for.

Technicaly under the agreement s/he is not entitled to a new tv until informing them she wishes them to write it off and issue vouchers. Some people have particular needs only a specific set can provide so they continue the repair assuming if you want a replacement you'll ring and quote the rule. Not to mention the TV is his/her property therefor they cannot write it off and destroy it without his/her prior consent.

But yes, once she's quoted the rule, they're obligated to provide vouchers for a new tv, plus vouchers equal to a pro-rata refund of the remaining whateverhappens cover. At which point I'd be arguing for slightly more than pro-rata due to not getting the loan TV you paid for.

Out of interest do they train you not to offer what they should? All the assumtions Dixon etc make seem to swing very much their way rather than the consummer...

Out of interest do they train you not to offer what they should? All the assumtions Dixon etc make seem to swing very much their way rather than the consummer...

Out of interest, do they train you to be rude and patronising? You've rubbished the advice I've offered in your topic, so don't try to rubbish someone elses.

I'd suggest you take a look at my 350+ posts so far helping people with DSG on these boards before dropping the generic "your defending the company because you work for them!" complaint. Besides, I've seen them all before, and they're starting to bore me.

Thank you all for your responses.

Apparently the TV itself has been fixed. Fine, fair enough. Where is it? Certainly it hasn't been given back to me.

When, in Currys again last night, I told them they were breaking their own service agreements, they once again called TechGuys/Wahtever Happens.

I still don't have a TV because apparently it's been signed off as fixed, and is waiting for re-delivery. Apparently the Whatever Happens people won't give me a new TV because of this, they won't send an authorisation code (or some such nonsense) to Currys authorising me to have a new TV.

Apparently, as per the request of the Currys Dept. Manager (the person I was dealing with in the shop) they are supposed to call me as to the status of TV and when it can be redelivered. Have yet to recieve a phone call.

In addition to this, when calling the number ourselves last night, Whatever Happens (aside from getting stroppy with us) said that when TV's go wrong, it's supposed to be the manufacturer that sorts out the problem, not WH, which could take up to 28 days. Now if this is the case, why bother selling me the WH agreement in the first place?

When I get my TV back (and I know it works fine) I'm cancelling the subscription, because I'm not getting what I'm paying for here at all.

What gets me is that WH/TG have broken all of the agreements that I've signed up for, and haven't done anything about it.

Don't complain on the 'phone.... WRITE!! Why people complain on the 'phone never ceases to amaze me.... you have no paper trail.

There are a number of threads about "Whatever Happens" at the moment... :cool:

Here's one.... Liquid spill - "Whatever Happens" cover

There's a letter in that thread that you can adapt to your needs....

I plan to write, that PriorityOne. I've noticed that there were a fair emount of threads about it as well.

Further update: I should be getting my TV back on Saturday. They called me today saying that it was ready to be delivered. They didn't give me a time frame though, and after 16:30 it won't be able to be recieved unless I can get someone to housesit for a bit.

After that call, I had a call from another department re: replacing the existing TV, to which I told the man that it was going to be delivered Saturday. In addition to this, I told him I wasn't happy with the service that I'd recieved as it did not comply with their own standards. In response, this man told me that because it was a hardware issue, not a software issue, that the 10 day policy doesn't apply and apparently it says that in the small print. Except I've combed the small print, and that isn't there.

I plan on writing a letter once I have my TV back and that I know it's working properly.

I told him I wasn't happy with the service that I'd recieved as it did not comply with their own standards. In response, this man told me that because it was a hardware issue, not a software issue, that the 10 day policy doesn't apply and apparently it says that in the small print. Except I've combed the small print, and that isn't there.

How can it be a hardware issue and not a software issue?! :confused:

It's a TV!! :D

ryan ring back and ask them to slap the last agent

there is NO such term if they insist again that it is reind them they have access to the coverplan data base which if they enter the date you brought the tv will list an exact copy of the terms you would have been handed at the time

challange them to find it i bet they cant

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: