• Tweets

• Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
    • Hmm, that's strange how they got my email then.  I assume the below is ok to send to DCBL, Nicky?  Hello, I am writing regarding our ongoing dispute and the upcoming court claim reference xxxxxxxx. To ensure fairness and transparency in our communications leading up to the court hearing, I request that you use postal mail exclusively for all further correspondence related to this claim. Please refrain from sending any communication or documents via email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me via postal mail at the address provided above. Yours sincerely, xxxx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lombard/arden ???

redbull21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After receiving a letter from a company called Arden regarding a loan to Lombard which we do not ever recognise as having had I was advised by the forum to send a letter stating these facts. After having received other numerous "threatening" letters from Arden I was so fed up I scribbled across their last letter stating "how many more times ? reply to my previous request or stop sending threatening letters" and sent it back to them.

I have now received the attached letter and wondered if anyone could now advise me what to do next please ?:confused::confused:lombard.doc

Thanks in anticipation

Here's a link to the OFT guidelines on debt collection. You'll see they've transgressed several rules.

Save all your correspondence including copies of what you've written to them, to make a complaint to Trading Standards / The OFT.

Once we know what you've already sent, we'll help you write back.

Elsa x

Hi redbull21

In addition to the information supplied by U-cE and the OFT breach Arden should be registered with the CSA and that being the case they have also breached those Guidelines too . . see below

Debt Collection & Default Guidelines

In attempting to carry out collection in default of

payment, members of the Association should:

q) Where a debt or the sum owed is disputed, as

soon as is practicable, supply information to the

debtor in support of the claim. Where no

information has been supplied by the creditor,

obtain the required support, or failing that cease

collection action.

So you have a bit of ammunition to fire back at them now including an extra complaint to the CSA ;), mind you I've checked out Google and found Arden Credit Solutions and the web page will not open :confused:

Good luck

R

Edited by Revenant
  • Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

thank you both for your quick replies. I am so naive when it comes to dealing with these people and its wonderful to have such a forum with so many people offering to give their advice. In reply to Under-cover Elsa, I originally just sent them the general no acknowledgement of debt letter from the templates section as follows:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Interesting...it seems they don't have a licence for debt collecting from what I can see...

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0629008

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberArden Maidstone Limited6894533

Categories:

Consumer credit Credit brokerage Provision of debt-adjusting on a commercial basis Provision of debt-counselling on a commercial basis

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Arden Arden Maidstone

Issued Date: 26-Jun-2009

Date Maintenance Payment Due: 25-Jun-2014

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionRoss Daverson Stephen Edward Barber

Nature of Business:

Other

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondenceStanford Hall, Stone Street, Stanford, Ashford, Kent, TN25 6DF, EnglandPrincipal Place Of Business12, Wood Close, Aylesford, Maidstone, Kent, ME20 7UB, EnglandRegistered Office12, Wood Close, Aylesford, Maidstone, Kent, ME20 7UB, England

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/8a2ef2c6a101443ff8c4aa13fce5b279/compdetails

That's from Companies House webcheck

Previous name . . Paragon Contract Hire Ltd

Off for another read

R

Here's another link about them . .

http://www.jordanwatch.co.uk/reports/details/03303754/paragoncontracthirelimited.html

Edited by Revenant
Info added

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Hi Redbull, and thank you Revenant for those CSA Debt Collection guidelines.

I had just written a stinking letter to a DCA threatening them with the OFT, FOS, and even the police for demanding money with menaces (as they threatened a doorstepper too) for payment of a credit card I have never had!!!, and now I have added that I will report them to CSA too. What perfect timing. :D

DDx

Dear,

Thankyou for your letter. However, as I'm sure you are well aware the onus is upon you to prove a debt not for me to disprove it.

I have no knowledge of this debt as I have stressed to you from the outset and as you have clearly transgressed the OFT debt collecting guidelines you leave me no alternative but to pass your correspondence on to Trading Standards.

Furthermore I can find no record of your company holding a licence for debt collecting, a fact I will also ascertain with the authorities.

Unless and until you provide any documentation proving this alleged debt and your legal eligibility to collect it I am unable to enter into further correspondence, and all further letters from your company will be forwarded to the OFT.

I trust this clarifies my position and respectfully suggest you read the OFT debt collection guidelines before proceeding.

Yours faithfully,

Hi Redbull, and thank you Revenant for those CSA Debt Collection guidelines.

I had just written a stinking letter to a DCA threatening them with the OFT, FOS, and even the police for demanding money with menaces (as they threatened a doorstepper too) for payment of a credit card I have never had!!!, and now I have added that I will report them to CSA too. What perfect timing. :D

DDx

Hi DD

Hope all's well and you're more than welcome ;-) . . Rx

Well redbull it looks like the vehicle contract hire was not much good so Paragon became Arden and started to chase debts :eek: lets hope we can prove to them that is not a very profitable profession either :grin::rolleyes:

R

:D:D

Maybe they are using the old contract hire vehicles for their debt collectors? Will be watching out for any cars or vans with Paragon on the side. :eek:

xx

Clown in a Ka

Thug in a Trabant

or the really upmarket 'rseole in an aston :eek:

Oh please . . where's Del Boy when you need him :grin:

R

Or maybe a huge fibreglass doorstep on the roof? :D

pmsl Uc-E you got a mind for advertising I think :grin:

R

m97x2s.jpg

This was the one who tried to take MY doorstep...

:rolleyes:

:lol: Brilliant

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

Maybe send them something on the lines of:

I refer you to my previous correspondence and reiterate that I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THIS DEBT WHATSOEVER.

Furthermore, I am under no obligation whatsoever to provide you with personal details with regard to this debt. As I have already pointed out, it is for YOU to prove any debt owed by providing relevant and valid documentation, and as I know nothing about this debt, then obviously you will be unable to do so.

I am now referring the matter to Trading Standards and The OFT in view of your conduct, which is in serious contravention of debt collection guidelines.

Should I receive any further threats or demands from you I will also pass the matter on to the Fraud Squad.

Please reply in writing within 14 days from the date of this letter and confirm you have closed your books on this matter.

(print, don't sign name.)

If you are confident that you don't owe this debt, you really need to report this to Trading Standards and the OFT now.

Elsa xx

Hi Elsa

Many thanks for your help, its much appreciated. I am going to get the letter off to Lombard and also to OFT etc as I really dont know anything about this debt. Although we do have financial problems with other people this Lombard supposed debt is certainly not one of them and it obviously goes back to 1997 as stated in their correspondence. I would have thought if there was anything in this I would have had some correspondence instead of them waiting 13 years to start letter writing !!!

Once again, thanks for your help

Jo x

Elsa always writes brilliant letters. :)

You could also point out that even if someone other than yourself took out this loan if it has not been acknowledged for over six years, and no payments made for over six years, it is in any case statute barred. (Just to let them know that you know your stuff if they continue to try it on.)

DD