G24 Ltd Parking Charge - sports direct St Helens Still non-enforceable?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I just got a parking charge notice letter from G24 Ltd for staying in Sports Direct car park (used to be No Frills) in St Helens over the alotted 1 hour. Which I actually did, so I have no grounds for appeal. I ALMOST paid it but decided to check it out online first!

I was very encouraged by the info on here in the following thread, but I noticed it's from almost a year ago now, so just wanted to double check that the situation is still the same with this company....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/194809-g24-ltd-civil-traffic.html

Is it still Ok not to pay the charges???

If so, should I just ignore every letter and have no contact with them at all??? Or is it best to write to them with one of the template letters you have on here claiming that I'm the keeper but not the driver???

Thanks very much for your help! Very glad I found this site! £95 quid would have been down the drain!!!

Rose x

yep

still the same

1) IGNORE

2) IGNORE SOME MORE

3 GOTO 1

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The irony of calling them 'Parking Charge Notices' is lost on them.

If it's a charge for parking, why are they given out when they say you shouldn't have been parking? There is no contractual offer.

They just want to use the initials PCN to make people think they are council Penalty Charge Notices.

• 2 weeks later...

Letterchain:

1. "PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice"

16 days later:

2. "Notice to Owner/Keeper/Hirer/Driver FINAL REMINDER"

25 days later:

3. "Formal notice of intended court action" from CCS Collect debt collectors (just a trading name of G24)

20 days later:

4. "NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION" - no letterhead this time - just an instruction to pay CCS. The layout and design of this one is trying to mimic an official court-type document.

25 days later:

5. "72 HOUR NOTICE OF HOME VISIT" from CCS Collect

Then never heard from them again.

• 4 months later...

It's been over a year now sInce my first letter and I haven't heard anything for over 6 months. My advice would be ignore everything even if you think you're in the right. No point entering into a dialogue with them.

They will go away eventually regardless of the circumstances so there's no point wasting your time trying to justify yourself.

Should she ignore it or send details of her badge?

I'l save you the bother:

"I'm sorry to say your appeal has been rejected. Whilst we appreciate you have a blue badge, it was not displayed correctly as per our terms and conditions.

Cough up or else we'll have to send you some more junkmail."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

your policeman was right...nothing to do with civil liberties though.

think about it....your driving down the road and then....flash...right in your face..your blinded for a second and crash into oncoming traffic..

kids in the back...it's dangerous..that's why they take the pic of the rear of the car and not the front.

If my advice helped you please click my star

Hi Doug,

The whole point about G24 and other PPC is that what they do is not enforceable in law. They try to scare people in paying by pretending that you have broken some law. There is no law as such to prevent anyone from parking in private land, the only one that can be invoked is the law of trespass or the law of contract. This means you are entering a car park of a firm like Homebase (where G24 operate) despite a notice which should clearly say that entering the car park will constitute trespass and you may be prosecuted. Doing that would defeat the whole purpose of out of town shopping. The PPC can claim that by overstaying by say 30 mins you have deprived them of something but not £70 to £100. But before that they can do that they will need to actually positively identify the person who they claim the damages against. So they have to identify the driver of the car at the time they claim they "broke" the contract. It is up to them to do so and not you. PPC have no more power than you or me.

By parking in a supermarket or any other car park you have broken NO LAW. Getting a parking ticket from the police or from the local authority for parking say on double yellow line is totally different in this case you have done an illegal act by contravening the Road Traffic Act passed by parliament or a local by law passed by elected members of county or town council.

One again I post the link to this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYS0W64wdDg

you can draw your own conclusions from the fact that both Macdonalds and MetParking refused to be interviewed, the parking companies and the big firm who use them are both as bad as each other. Incidentally this only happens here due to the stupid and archaic laws of England.

Another one -

• 6 months later...

I have just recieved the first letter from these clowns re the same car park in St Helens, my partner used their car park on Rememberance Sunday because she was taking part in the parade........ needless to say they will be recieving sweet FA from me on the subject.

I have just recieved the first letter from these clowns re the same car park in St Helens, my partner used their car park on Rememberance Sunday because she was taking part in the parade........ needless to say they will be recieving sweet FA from me on the subject.

Excellent...I have a good collection of these letters now :-)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm New on her and i want to say a HUGE THANK YOU for this Thread. I received a "contractual Parking Charge Notice" from G24 LTD for parking on Sports Direct, in St.Helens, (used to be no-frills) With 2 very official looking photo's of my car entering and leaving the car park, 2 mins over the free 1 hour parking. I was actually using the Sports Direct store at the time, and paid by card, so would of had evidence, when i wrote to G24. After a barney with the other half i googled "sports direct parking st.helens" to see if i could get/see a picture of the notices telling me that if i stayed over 1hr that there would be a charge of £95. And i came across this thread, needless to say i will NOT by writing to G24 LTD but do think that by the look of the very grainy pics my car needs a wash!

• 9 months later...

From the British PArking Association (26/10/12) - after a long exchange with me !! Note the confirmation that a PCN is not enforcable

"Good Afternoon,

Thank you for this email. This will be our last correspondence.

Firstly these These ticket are called Parking Charge Notice and they arenot enforceable. Forums Site such as Money Saving Expert are factuallyincorrect when they state a Parking Charge is unenforceable.

You were issued a ticket because you breached the terms and conditionsof the car park. The company in question has now sent you a Parking ChargeNotice. This charge is based on the genuine pre estimation of loss. If youignore this ticket they will pass it over to a Debt Recovery Firm. The DebtRecovery will then increase the cost of the charge and then they may pass it tothe courts".

• 8 months later...

I have recently received a fine, its really frightened me but after reading these posts I think I will ignore.

Everyone must stand together to beat these guys.

I have just signed the e-petition "Stop DVLA selling our private information"

Hopefully if enough signatures are received the government will look into it (fingers crossed) and put a stop to the DVLA (making just as much money out of this as the other companies) selling our personal information to third parties and this whole ridiculous example of rip off Britain wouldn't exist in the first place.

But I am just an optimistic hopeful!!!

I have recently received a fine, its really frightened me but after reading these posts I think I will ignore.

Everyone must stand together to beat these guys.

I have just signed the e-petition "Stop DVLA selling our private information"

Hopefully if enough signatures are received the government will look into it (fingers crossed) and put a stop to the DVLA (making just as much money out of this as the other companies) selling our personal information to third parties and this whole ridiculous example of rip off Britain wouldn't exist in the first place.

But I am just an optimistic hopeful!!!

Helen, I don't want to assume but was this Notice sent thorough the post or placed on your vehicle.

If it was received through the post how days elapsed between the date of the alleged contravention and the date that you received the Notice.

I haven't seen a G24 Notice since April but at that time they weren't 'identifying the Creditor' which is a statutory requirement under paragraph 9(2)(h) Sch 4 Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA)

Helen, I don't want to assume but was this Notice sent thorough the post or placed on your vehicle.

If it was received through the post how days elapsed between the date of the alleged contravention and the date that you received the Notice.

I haven't seen a G24 Notice since April but at that time they weren't 'identifying the Creditor' which is a statutory requirement under paragraph 9(2)(h) Sch 4 Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA)

hi, the offence was on 15/6/2013 and letter was received through post yesterday 2/7/2013 demanding £100.