Halifax charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

Right think I have worked out how to post my thred now! Been trying for ages! My question is concerning the consumer act letter - I am with the Halifax and would like confront them on charges made over the years to my account. I understand that my first step is thwe consumer act letter to get copies of all my statements. However, it says to send it to... and provides a link. When you clikc on this link it asks you for a registration number - what is this and how do I properly submit this letter. I assumed it was directly to the bank but now i don't think it is.

Thanks for your help to anyone that has already done this.

Jenny

• 1 month later...

Can I ask whether anyone else has received their statements and believe the changes may have been removed? I asked for all my statements dating back to the date I opened my account (not including the ones I have already) and there are no charges on them. To investigate this further I have asked that they send a few months worth that I know have charges on and have copies at home so I can compare. Unless I am going mad I am pretty sure I had been charged on numerous occasions over the 2 year period they sent statements for but there is nothing - I am very suspicious and would like to know if anyone else has encountered anything like this?!!!

Thanks

JL:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have been wondering the same thing myself. When I received my 1st set of statements, dating back to 1999, there was only ONE charge on them! To top it off, several statements were missing and some were incomplete. I wrote to the Halifax, giving them 7 days to send me those statements which they did within 4 days. These statements had more charges on but some were still incomplete and, like you, charges that I know should have been on there, were not. So, I am going to reclaim all the charges and then

see a solicitor as I do feel that something untoward has been occurring!