• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Calamoli v Egg - CCA No Signiture/Tick & Strange Letter? Please Help Me.

calamoli
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, could somebody please help me regarding paperwork received from Egg in response to my CCA request? The CCA request was originally sent on 10/03/09 & I did not receive the paperwork until December 09, although I have been hounded by DCA's for many months, despite informing them that the account is in dispute, awaiting Egg's response. They are now threatening court & because of serious personal & health problems, I am very behind with my mail & worried sick.

I'm back with a vengence now & really need to go for it but I desperately need some good advice if possible please (This is the 1st CCA/enforcability for a credit card that I have tackled so I would really appreciate your help.)

The paperwork they have sent is basically a load of printed sheets with some very basic info about me on the 1st couple of pages, the rest seem to be a load of "computer churn" as I call it - spread out over 23 pages. There is no signature or tick box that I can see - no handwriting whatsoever.

The covering letter that was on top reads:

Dear Mrs - - - - -

Your Credit Agreement Request

Further to your recent (9 months is recent:-?) request for a copy of your credit card agreement, we enclose a true copy of your agreement with Egg.

The true copy provided:

Reproduces the original terms & conditions of your agreement together with the original interest rates, as accepted by you at the time of your application.

Does not include the signature box, signature or date of signature as in accordance with Regulation 3(2)(b)(ii) of Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices & Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983; we are not required to provide them.

In addition, we have enclosed for your information your current terms & conditions.

Your account is currently in arrears. The amount outstanding on your account is ****. Please refer to section 2 of the current terms & conditions which confirms when payments fall due to be paid under the agreement & the basis for calculating the amount of payments due.

This completes our obligations under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 including related regulations and satisfy your section 78 request.

For the avoidance of doubt the fact that you have made a section 78 request does not entitle you to withold your regular monthly payments; as such you should ensure you continue to make your monthly payments.

If you are having difficulty in making your payments, or staying within your credit limit, please contact our Collections Dept on 0845 6000 296 who will be pleased to help.

If you have any further questions or require additional information, please contact us in writing at the address provided.

Yours sincerely

Steve Birkinshaw

Head of Transaction Services

UK Consumer.

I am quietly holding my breath & praying that some of you great people will be able to give me some hope regarding their reply. Obviously, i'm very inexperienced in this area & don't dare voice my thoughts (maybe it's just wishful thinking). Hopefully, you can put me out of my misery, one way or another.

This company have completely fleeced me, then piled on horrendous amounts re charges, while I have been hospitalised/undergoing treatment & like a lot of people, I could really use a bit of good news. Talk about kicking you when your down. They have had way more back than I ever used so I don't feel in the wrong to hope for the chance of unenforceability.

I will keep researching & trying to teach myself of course but given the threats & delayed timeframe (my fault I know) I would be so grateful for some wisdom & advice as a matter of urgency. Please help me if you can.

Thank you so much for your time.

Best wishes to all

Michelle.

I'm guessing that you took this out on the internet.

Some agreements have a tick in one of the boxes which is supposed to

replace your signature, obviously we can't sign anything on line.

I would be of a mind to keep it in dispute but I'm not up on Egg agreements especially those done on line.

Hang in there I'm sure someone with the knowledge of Egg will be along soon. In the meantime click onto the Egg forum and have a good read of the threads it will give you a bit more insight into Egg agreements.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Hi DG, thanks for the advice - i'm really hoping an Egg expert will take pity on me sometime in the near future. Excuse my ignorance but you have advised me to click on the Egg forum...I thought I had:oops: Obviously, i've got a lot to learn. I've been reading other threads all day but i'm finding it really confusing & I guess it can't be helping that i've posted in the wrong place. Could someone please point me in the right direction so that I can find an Egg expert or two?

My scanner won't work now but i've managed to take some pretty legible (I hope) photo's of the paperwork/CCA they have sent. Now i'd really like to post them in the right place & have someone take a look if at all possible. There are 20 odd pages though & I'm not sure if they are all part of the CCA?

I'm going to keep trying to make some sense of it if it takes all night - I can't sleep anyway - too stressed.

By the way, you are correct, it was an online application from approx 2000/01.

Any advice gratefully received.

Regards, Michelle.

eggcardccapage1.jpg

eggcardccapage2.jpg

eggcardccapage3.jpg

Hi Calamoli.....electronic signatures only came in to force in 2004 - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/152384-help-dca-chasing-me.html#post1618550 HOWEVER due to recent cases they have to provide the terms at the time you took out the agreement (have they done this ?), and don't have to provide a signed copy.....you might find this interesting too - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html Was there any PPI added ?

• 11 months later...