Excel Windscreen PCN - parked in disabled bay - westgate wakefield

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in despair,

I received a parking charge for parking outside mothercare,

having a twin pushchair and two small babies and visiting mothercare I drove into what I thought was a mother and baby as the signs were iced over I thought it was a mother and baby with it being directly outside the shop, makes sense.

When I came back to the car the sun had melted the ice and the sign was visible and it was a wheelchair sign,

I put the babies back in the seats and the pushchair back in the car,

upon going to my door I found the parking ticket,

I approached the attendant who told me it was my own tough luck.

I paid the ticket for £60, and then appealed against the charge.

I received a letter today from excel parking, saying the appeal is declined and the charge now reverts to £100 and if I don`t pay this they will take me to court.

I do not have this money to pay any more, and I am very worried what the outcome will be.

Can anyone help me with this matter, I am truly desperate.

I approached the attendant who told me it was my own tough luck. I paid the ticket for £60,

!!!!! you paid it :eek:!!!!!

and then appealed against the charge. I received a letter today from excel parking, saying the appeal is declined

wow, I thought they would have accepted your claim and sent you your money back with an extra tenner for your trouble.... not. Appeals don't work when you haen't paid them, so no chance when they already have your money is there.

and the charge now reverts to £100 and if I don`t pay this they will take me to court.

haha. Yeah, like you owe them any more money. If they do try court (which they won't) that would be a good time to counter-cliam for your 60 quid back.

I do not have this money to pay any more, and I am very worried what the outcome will be. Can anyone help me with this matter, I am truly desperate.

The outcome will be, you can now ignore everything they send you and console yourself that you have at least saved yourself 40 quid by coming to CAG

In future do not park in any of the Excel Parks, they are there only to take your brass, and the fillings out of your teeth while you talk to them.

This company have no legal powers to fine you, what you have got is a worthless piece of paper, which pretends to be legal.

Here is the good news, you owe them Zero, nowt, not a sausage.

Do not contact them again, and ignore the letters that come from them.

In future park in the Ridings Centre where it is hassle free from the Excel's of this world.

Can you explain why - if you PAID the ticket, why are they pursuing you? As you've paid the money you will have been deemed to have agreed to their terms and settled your contractual liability. So it cannot increase to £100.

Ignore any future letters. Its taken a year for them to stop sending letters to me. Search for my thread.

I had many a letter in different colours, and ones from a debt collection agency and a fake court document.

If they want to take you to court let them try, they will not win if they do.... so they won't.

They have to prove who the driver was, and that a contact existed between you two that has been broken. Even then they can only claim for the losses they have suffered.... for an hours parking its about 50p?

Do you read the Wakefield Express? They are in there every other week at the moment with a lot of negative publicity. They are hopefully having the contract terminated soon. The local MP is also on the case. :D

The many victims of the threat o grams will get the last laugh.

I paid the fine because I was frightened by the response I got when I rang to complain and the fear of them taking me to court, they have reverted to the £100 because they say I didn`t pay up within the 7days, I got the fine on the 4th February, and paid on the 12th, 1 day over if you count Sunday as a working day, which I thought office workers only did Mon-Fri, how wrong I was. Reading this forum I realize now I am not by myself on this matter, but I do not have the funds to pay the rest of the fine, I couldn`t afford to pay the amount that I did pay, it was pure fear on my part that made me pay the fine, oh how I wish I had found this site first. I am still frightened that they will pursue me for the remainder of the money, I don`t know if I can face having the letters coming through my letter box. HELP !

You can tell its election time when an MP gets involved.

They know a good [problem] when they see it.

The problem is that Mary Creagh the MP involved is useless, she advises people to appeal against the fines.

When wil she get her facts straight

There is no appeals process

They are not fines

But heyho don't let the facts stop you from jumping on any chance of publicity before an election

Mossy

If it is making you ill - pay it.

You've been bullied, and you can console yourself you're not the first and most certainly won;t be the last, but spare a thought for the rest of us - who refuse to go through life being a 'victim' because someone has discovered a business opportunity and doesn't care about extracting money with menaces.

• 2 weeks later...

I will never shop in Wakefield again, they want local and surrounding areas habitants to use Wakefield as a prospering shopping centre, if people stay away how can it? To be penalized by hideous companies like Excel parking, and as in my case be foolish enough to pay the so called fine, the town does not deserve to prosper, it is just unfortunate for the genuine people who work in Wakefield, that they have a council who let these stupid companies operate there, especially in the hard recession that is going on, you would think the so called goverment officials would do all they could to encourage shoppers, and get innocent peoples money back for them and revoke any authorization that these horrid companies have and get rid of them, come on local goverment officials do what you should be doing and help local people stay local, otherwise more will do as I intend to do, "Shop in another district". Go to york where you can park for free, all day long, and either walk into the town, or ride on the LOW COST buses, which run every 5-10 mins at the free park and rides. Come on people pay a visit to york, the Mothercare there is huge, it is at Clifton Moore. FREE PARKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you parked in the Ridings or any council run car park, you would not have the problem. As far as trying to remove Excel? We residents are all working on that. Its all in the local paper.

The reality is that you cannot remove Excel, a better reality would be if the local paper didn't mislead their readers by suggesting that Excel have the power to issue fines and actually gave proper guidance to what people should do if they receive anything from Companies like Excel etc.

At least if you overstay in a carpark owned by Excel you do not have to pay a ridculous amount, unlike a Council ticket!!!!!!!!

If nobody paid the likes of Excel then maybe things would change

Mossy

I have received another letter this morning demanding I pay a further £40, I have tried in vain to e-mail my MP, you cannot send an e-mail and it get through, what should I do next, the letter has threatened bayliffs and court, this is truly frightening me.

If you're being scared - pay up. There's little point worrying if you cannot stand up to bullies. Your MP is easily contactable by email, HERE: Are your MPs and Peers working for you in the UK's Parliament? (TheyWorkForYou.com)

Alternatively, they have no right to your money, so if you can - ignore it. They'll look for other mugs to intimidate.

I have received another letter this morning demanding I pay a further £40, I have tried in vain to e-mail my MP, you cannot send an e-mail and it get through, what should I do next, the letter has threatened bayliffs and court, this is truly frightening me.

The whole point of their letters is to try to scare people into paying money that they don't have to pay. Bailiffs can only become involved if Excel take you to court, and win, and you don't pay the judgement - all about as likely as the Canadian ice hockey team losing an Olympic final to Nigeria.

The only people who should be scared are Excel, given how badly they were spanked on the couple of occasions they tried going to court.

Ignore this rubbish and get on with your life.

Why do you want to speak to an MP?

Thats worse than talking to yourself.

Just ignore the letters that Excel send to you they are just silly unenforceable words which have no basis in law.

Just ignore these people as they are an inch short of crimminal conduct.

If you're being scared - pay up. There's little point worrying if you cannot stand up to bullies.

Dont pay up! You are only inviting to demand more money from you, as they already are and also by encourgaing them they will stay aorund and demand money off future unfortunate motorists.

Ignore the letter and dont give in to their idle threats. If you need encourgament then read the numerous threads on here where people like yourself have ignored and no action has been taken by Excel or other **** like them.

You are only inviting to demand more money from you,
?

Some people do not have an ability to treat these demands with the contempt they deserve, preferring to see the matter end (and the tension they cause). Once paid, there is no requirement to pay 'more' money for the same demand.

Only the OP can decide.

Once paid, there is no requirement to pay 'more' money for the same demand.

Indeed but as above they are already demanding more money! the OP will have to be acreful they dont get themselves in a vicious circle hence why I would say dont pay as many others have not.

• 3 months later...
I paid the fine because I was frightened by the response I got when I rang to complain and the fear of them taking me to court, they have reverted to the £100 because they say I didn`t pay up within the 7days, I got the fine on the 4th February, and paid on the 12th, 1 day over if you count Sunday as a working day, which I thought office workers only did Mon-Fri, how wrong I was. Reading this forum I realize now I am not by myself on this matter, but I do not have the funds to pay the rest of the fine, I couldn`t afford to pay the amount that I did pay, it was pure fear on my part that made me pay the fine, oh how I wish I had found this site first. I am still frightened that they will pursue me for the remainder of the money, I don`t know if I can face having the letters coming through my letter box. HELP !

After ignoring the demands from Excel Parking, I have now received a letter from Roxburghe Debt Collectors, and the extra amount they now require is £81-12, I am so desperate, I have contacted the council, who say the cannot do anything, I have tried to get through to Yvette Cooper about the matter, and have also contacted the Wakefield Express, what else can I do ????