e-on standing order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know where I can get hold of an account number and sortcode so I can set up a standing order with eon? They are giving me a lot of hassle and are demanding £65 a week to clear a debt which I can't afford but they won't listen.

Thanks in advance

The bank detail will appear on your bill and on correspondence sent to you by eon, I know the account number is 36166103 but cant rmember the sort code off the top of my head, call 0800 096 1516 and ask for the details and sort out some sort of repayment arrangement, as unless an official arrangement is agreed your supply will continue to move along the debt follow up process towards disconnection or having a prepayment meter installed

Thanks for the imformation

I don't have a bill sent the account is online and I can't find bank details there, Also I have spoke to them before but they will only give me a payment card to make payments and they won't budge on the £65.00 per week. They are now threatning disconnection as I rent privatly so can't have a prepayment fitted.

I was thinking if I could somehow set up a s/o they would be getting a payment even if it is not the amount they want, but at least I would be showing that I am not refusing to pay.

Most of the debt is from a previous property.

prepayment is an option whether you own the property or not, call the number I wrote above and discuss your situation more in depth, as long as the payment covers your average usage and the debt in a realistic timeframe it shouldnt be a problem

Too many e.on staff here.

The sort code is 60 80 09. Tell them you will be paying £65 and they wil agree as long as it doesn't extend too far and covers debt plus usage.

If you really struggle Prepayment is the best way

Presuming you have an internet account.

Set up the weekly standing order for the amount you can afford. There is nothing to stop you changing the amount of the standing order at any time so you can up the amount even for only one week when you can afford to do so. Watch your account like a hawk - you cannot afford bank charges. NPower will probably be appeased if they see the arrears coming down even slowly.

So what good does disconnection do them? They will have lost a paying customer who wants very much to pay and if you do move to cut your costs they have lost you for good. If they go to a civil court any order wiill be much better for you than NPower's demands.

Have you checked that the bills are correct? This particularly applies if readings are estimated. That comes first. It is surprising (or is it) how often utilities get it wrong.

If they are supplying gas check particularly that your meter does not measure in cubic feet. They charge in cubic metres and if they are not using the correct conversion factor your gas bills will be very high.

Sakarette, I think if you look back on some of the "eon staffs" posts, you will see we are helping the consumer and not here for the suppliers benefit. Im sure if we were not welcome here, then the moderators would have asked us to leave by now.

I too welcome EON staff on this board provided they inform us that they work for EON. They generally give good advice but this has to be taken with a pinch of salt as their mindset is that of EON. This is inevitable as anybody working for them is very likely to think their policies are correct.

They often are not correct. This is particularly true of their debt collection process which is often unfair (see OFT guidelines) and intimadatory. Until a complaint is investigateed fully and until an account is agreed with the customer it is unfair to intimidate the customer. Inhouse DCAs are a very nasty trick seeking to mislead a customer that a licensed outside DCA is involved, They should all be reported to OFT.

The utilities do have a difficult time bringing recalcitrant customers to book but their present methods are plain wrong.

:lol: . . . wanna add another EON staff to this thread lollllll . . . well x one anyways but helped out on this forum for 3 years whilst employed by them.

And another Ex employee here soon after just being made redundant!

Awww real sorry to hear Clare, when I worked there we was working close with Paul to bring all the services back from the offshore call centres and re-establishing the customer base back here in the UK. This was supposed to consolidate all the new jobs in thw UK and offer a better future for thr UK employees but as you have sadly found out this is not the case and in my opinion is due to so many comoanies using too many agency staff and out sourcing jobs to third parties such as vertex etc etc.

not forgetting gasbox and teleperformance who are in use now - always giving the wrong information and rubbish service! and the profits thing is all just a big con, at the end of the day if they didnt charge one part of their business so much for making the energy profits from generation would shift to retail - not rocket science!

Very sorry to hear that Clare. I hope it does not mean that you will have difficulty paying your utility bills?

Now that you are as it were without taint of EON and perhaps cross with them you may be able to help us with some information on EON's operations.

I am particularly interested in

a) the systems they use to monitor newbuilds. I know you had some responsiblity for entering builder information on their database. I am at a loss to explain why all utilities find newbuilds such a problem.

b) the use of inhouse DCAs and then proper DCAs to intimidate customers while an account is in dispute or under negotiation.

c) their attitude to the Billing Code. They do not appear to me to make an effort to apply the code. They do not volunteer the code to customers and they seem to quibble even when it does apply.

Perhaps you would start a new thread if you are prepared to help - it is not fair on this OP to take over his thread.

I totally understand Pelham and apologise to the OP for digressing on their thread.

Just so you are aware Pelham, I too as a customer have had my problems with Eon and have had a dispute with my own account so fully understand the frustrations of the people posting on these boards, and also as an employee who gets pulled for trying to give a good service and try my best to "get away with" extending payment plans for those that are truly struggling.

As for your questions, I have very little knowledge of new builds as that is an entirely different department from which I work in, but will do some investigations for you next week and try my best to answer your questions.

The use of DCA's is probably Nottslads department as I believe he has more experience in this area.

Billing code I may be able to help with, so again, will gather all the information I can and start a new thread.

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

Well I emailed e-on at the beginning of march and agreed to have pre payment meters fitted, they replied 2 days later saying this was fine and they would right to me with the dates they would be fitted.

Since then something strange has happened to my account. My gas and electric has been seperated they was on one bill before, I have had the gas refunded and only the electric account is showing and the gas has now been changed into someone elses name but still at my address.I have also had a message left on my phone asking for this person to get in contact.

Also I had have not heard anything more about the prepayment meters.

Does anyone know what is happening here?

I can set up a regular s/o but not sure if to do this yet.

normally a one bill account is split to either allow the account to progress to a warrant stage or for PPMs to be installed. The correspondence team would normally ask you to call in to book an appointment.

I would suggest calling on 0800 096 1516 with your meter reads to book an appointment or to check what is going on