• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Blemain finance

dax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Do you mean your agreement?

Peter has just looked at mine and says it is all in order except I should have got a contract before signing but don't remember getting it. Shall wait to see what comes from the sar.

Am still trying to get them to deal with complaint and will now contact TS next week.

Hi midge

the documents i have are

LEGAL CHARGE

Pursuant to a Consumer Credit Agreement

THIS LEGAL CHARGE IS MADE BETWEEN

(i) the Mortgagee Lancashire Mortgage Corporation

of Bracken House

Charles Street

Manchester

and (ii) GROOVYCAZ

The all the legal stuff, on the back page is the Credit agreement and APR etc, in the middle pages are the terms and conditions and the parts which are supposed to be signed,ie

IN WHITNESS whereof the Mortgagor confirms execution hereof as a deed by his signature under seal below and by delivery to the Mortgagee.

SIGNED SEALED AND DELIVERED by the Mortgagor(s)

In the presense of (witness)

all blank no signatures and also Credit Agreement Unsigned

Hey Midge ive just decided im going to SAR Blemain and their solicitors for all information they hold with regards to my remortgage after reading this,

To Messrs. Boote Edger Esterkin,

Solicitors,

DX14440

Manchester 3

Dear Sirs,

Re; your Client Company Prime Business Loans Limited

We are instructed by Mrs ***** ******* in connection with her remortgage of the above property and she has handed to us your letter of 28th Jan.

We note you act for Prime Business Loans Limited.

However the office copy entries we have recieved from the Land Registry indicate the property is in mortgage to The Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Limited.

Is this one in the same Company as Prime Business loans limited please?

If so perhaps you could let us have evidence of change of name.

We assume you willl not release the title deeds until the mortgage has been repaid but perhaps you would be good enough to confirm that this is indeed the case and let us have any documentation you may hold which may assist us in relation to the re-mortgage

Yours faithfully,

I know for certain that my DDs were paid to The Lancashire Mortgage Corp, I obviously must have recieved a letter from Prime Business loans on feb 03 which I must have been unsure about as I handed it to my solicitor. I never missed a payment so the "loan" was never sold on or if it was I was never informed, Ive been informed by Blemain that my "Mortgage" was an unregulated loan, what the hell does anyone think is going on here, the thre letters I recieved from Howard Laddin briefly state

Letter 1

Your loan was for the sum of £7500 taked out over a 15 year term, this loan being under £25,000 is regulated by "The Consumer Credit Act" This act provides us with the calculations which we MUST use when compiling a settlement figure.

In essence on a 15 year loan a settlement figure will rise in the early part of the loan. At the time the loan was redeemed you were only 2.5 years into a 15 year loan. Hence the settlement figure was slightly (by £300) higher than the figure quoted to you 6-7 months previously.

I hope this answers your enquiry.

Well if that makes any sense I WILL EAT HAY WITH THE HORSES

Letter 2

Please find attached a computer screen print of the settlement figure supplied by our solicitors.

The balance outstanding equates to the total payable under the agreement LESS all payments made at that date. The other charges on redemption are clearly detailed, and a rebate is given for early settlement calculated in accordance with the regulations as defined within the Consumer Credit Act 1983.#There was no legal requirements to provide annual statements on this loan although a statement would have been provided on request.

The "Rule of 78" method for the calculation of early settlement figures on regulated loans IS the method as defined within the Consumer Credit Act and still applies to all loans under £25.000 funder prior to May 2005.

I AM SURE THAT THIS ANSWERS YOUR QUERIES

Yours faithfully

Not quite!!!!!!

Letter 3

The reference to which you quote refers to unregulated residential loans. Unregulated means those loans not covered by the Consumer credit Act (over £25.000) with regards to what loans are regulated I refer you to The Consumer credit Act. (Which One), this is in reply to " I would like you to provide me with evidence that loans under £25.000 are not incuded in the report you gave to the OFT when you made assurances that you would no longer use th "Rule of 78" for the calculations of early settlement figures in 1997"

The settlement figure was calculated fully in accordance with both the signed legal agreements and the Consumer Credit Act regulations. I refer to my previous letter and state that there has been no overcharge and this agreement does not fall under the category of unfair Consumer Contract.

Right im getting back on track with this, its been on the back burner for a while because ive been busy with work and spending time reclaiming my bank charges,

Let me know what anyone thinks..GC

HI

I think you should do a full sar and then compare what you get with what you have and then we can try and work out what to do.

All sounds like a load of b***s**t to me just trying to confuse you so that you do nothing!!!!

Hi dax

Just a thought would it not be a good idea to ask a mod to move this thread into general debt then it may get noticed a bit more and people may be able to give some help.

Seems we are tucked away down here!!

SIGNED SEALED AND DELIVERED by the Mortgagor(s)

In the presense of (witness)

all blank no signatures and also Credit Agreement Unsigned

same her Groovy, me too...anyone else?

user_offline.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("961254") report.gif

We could Midge...You know each of us have all been left in the same state of confusion with this company, which doesnt make sense does it, that none of us can work out what the hell their talking about and I know I cant make any sense of how they calculated the figures they came to when I redeemed my loans. All I know is ive been ripped off big time and want my money back. Can we not collectively write something to a body that oversees companies who take liberties and stick together on it to get justice. So far Blemain seem to think they are a law unto themselves and to be honest, thats exactly what they are, because to date they have not claimed any responsibility towards their customers and have taken what they wanted irregardless. They bend their words and bend the rules and owe me and you money that they have no intention of repaying. What shall we all do?

Hi

I think if you contact TS they will calculate the erc and tell you if it was correct. They are the best ones to approach as far as I have read on here I intend doing it when I get a reply to my sar.

They still not dealing with my complaint saying that they have'nt recieved any copies of my proof even though it's been posted twice and faxed once!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contacted FISA again but no reply!! but as I have found out the CEO of BF Marc Goldberg is on their board so they not going to upset him are they!!!!!

I've now discovered another overpayment.....so in theory I should be two months ahead not in arrears!!!!

God I'm sick of them.

I posted my copy of loan agreement in general debt forum and general concensus is that it is good but I'm not so sure thats why I'm going to contact TS when I get all my info.

Midge and Groovy , read the FISA code of conduct and tick off how many numbered terms, Blemain broke. Im still doing ot and counting, il gt back when Ive finished to compare numbers.

Hi

I did this and pointed out that BF had failed to supply me with a leaflet about their complaints procedure when I wrote to complaint about BF not dealing with my complaint......

the answer was same as FOS as they have only recently become members it is not relevent for them to comment!!!!!!!!!!!

So that got me nowhere.

I still our best bet is to gather as much firm evidence and complain to trading standards.

Bloody unbelievable, its like Dax said this sodding company appear to be untouchable, there must be a governing body who will deal with complaints against blemain, Ive been runing around in circles for months, my local TS told me if I had no luck with other organisations as to my complaints to refer back to them, now ive discovered other 'cons' by BF I will write another letter to them, Sending the Solicitor acting for Prime Business Loans a SAR this week for all the information they have regarding my 'mortgage' with The Lancashire Corp (Blemain Finance) but dont hold out much hope of them responding, im thinking the same as dax time to start rounding the troops up and getting a petition together to forward on to FISA, they then might take notice of us, Ive looked on the FSA website and some time ago there has been complaints against blemain, il find it again and post exactly what it says...GC

HI gc

Just got this reply from FISA after I e-mailed to say that BF still ignoring me

I note with regret your continued dissatisfaction with Blemain Finance and their handling of your complaint. Unfortunately, FISA has a limited remit with regard to the compliance of its member lenders (the Association is actually responsible to the lenders for the compliance of its broker members) and we would expect Blemain’s own complaints handlers to deal with matters of this nature without the need for our intervention. I shall however bring this case to the attention of the FISA Chief Executive Officer so that he might consider taking it up with the lender at a senior level.

Notwithstanding my limitations, should you consider that I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

So we shall see.........

Hi Pliny

well I have just told FISA that I intend going to TS if I find any other irregularities when I get my reply to my sar and as they have now been involved this would include them so maybe they will get something done.

Can't believe how BF are allowed to get away with so much crap.

Hi Midge bet you Blemains one of them, ive had another look on the FSA website for the warning Blemain were given and cant find it anymore, it was when I first posted in Dax's thread, i may have printed it off, il have a look through my paperwork to see if i can find it...GC

Hi everyone, just done a search for Blemain on here and now wish i had not!

We got behind with them on a £45k sec loan, arraers are around £3k now, i explained to them our circumstances had changed for the worst, and that i was selling a second property abroad, of which i would recieve the proceeds in around 8 weeks. They advised making a token payment of £200 which i done, but then got a letter saying it was all going to court. They now tell me it has gone to court, and that i should try to pay the arrears, but i still have not got the money through from abroad, ( hopefully 6 weeks now ).

What should i expect from the court, i dont have the £2000 for the arrears and will only be able to clear it when the abroad money arrives. I am really worried what to expect from the court, or what their next move will be.

I know that i have the option that everyone says dont take, and thats get another secred loan, with someone else and pay them off. So at the worst those application documents could be sent off, but it all seems extreme for just a few weeks wait.

Any help or advice would be just great as i dont know what to do.

thanks

Hi Jimbo

Welcome to the BF mutual appreciation society!!!!

Have you actually had anything from the court yet? I would suspect firstly that this a scare tactic.

As this is over the £25 mark I'm not completly sure what you can do. I would do a SAR though to see exactly where you are with things and to see how much in charges has been added to the account.

Bf are absolutely horrible to deal with.

Hope this helps a bit. I will try to see what the options are as I would think this is classed as a mortgage.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks