• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Blemain finance

dax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

had word back from the Financial Ombudsman about blemain finance, apparently they are not regulated by the FSA so they diverted me to the Finance and Leasing Association or advised to go straight to court. The Ombudsman said they had nothing on their system about blemain and could not find them on the FSA registar, but I did. Ive copied all I could find and they are on the FSA register so sent it all back to the Ombudsman. See what comes back!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard anything yet Groovy?

Blemain staff are a disgrace, they think they are above the law.

Just had another phone call about a missed payment from a man who if he was stood next to me would be spitting his teeth out !!!!

He said they are not covered by anybody like the OFT, FSA etc

Who are Blemain?

Anyone got names of board etc?

One of their staff on the phone is JENNY LOCKWOOD, very rude, very unprofessional.

SCUMBAGS.

Got my complaint back from the FSA who saidthat although blemain are on their register they would not deal with my type of complaint and directed me to the Leasing and Financing Ass, when I looked at their site there is a complaints procedure which relates to our type of complaint, I also had a good read through the WHICH web site and found some good points on there. Ive been poorly so have'nt done much lately but feeling loads better now so will be back on the trail again. I might just write to a national newspaper about BLEMAIN FINANCE and the way they opperate, found out from my solicitor that the balance of my loan was paid to a company called Prime Business Loans, never heard of them and can not find any link with them to either Blemain or The Lancashire Mortgage Corp, it seems rather dodgy to me that my business premises were mortgaged to the Lancashire Mortgage Corporation, and the land registry showed that my property was in mortgage to The Lancashire Mortgage Corp, all the direct debits I paid show on my bank statements that the loan was paid to the L M C, so where do Prime Business Loans come into it. I think its either a way to avoid the taxman or they are hiding money through a fictitious company. The guy I wrote to was called Howard Laddin but if you look at the FISA web site you will find the directors name on there as they have joined FISA believe it or not, its just a joke really, a corrupt company joining FISA:rolleyes:

This is worrying with regard to my claim and Blemain. They definately diddled the figures when I paid off the loans and now im wondering how much recourse I might have considering this months Cag newsletter?

ERC Claims struck out in court

There has been much speculation in recent months as to whether these can be reclaimed in the same way as bank and credit card charges, using the same underpinning legal principles.

Several members have issued claims against mortgage lenders; some have been fortunate in that they have been offered out of court settlements for all or part of the amount claimed, and many continue to receive out of court settlements.

However, on the flip side three people have been to court and three people have lost their cases and have had costs awarded against them ranging from £4,500 to £7500, as they have been unable to prove that there was a breach of contract and that the ERC was therefore a penalty. One of these claims included late payment charges.

One person has been to court on late payment charges on a mortgage and one person has lost in court, and had £500 costs awarded against them.

Mortgage contracts are written in such a way that by redeeming the mortgage before the agreed period you are in fact expressing a right to redeem and not breaching the contract. Whilst it may seem to the man in the street that you are in fact breaching your contract and being charged a penalty – the Judiciary when presented with the evidence and arguments has disagreed 100%, and awarded in favour of the defendant.

If after reading all the advice on the Consumer Action Group forum you still feel that you have a case it is strongly recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Any thoughts?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone got the information commissioner to force comprehendable figures out of a bank/loan company or otherwise, that doesnt send the required and requested information, usually given after a SAR?

If so, what did they do and what is within their powers to do to the company in question applicable.

I Have been trying to deduce how loans were brought to redemption figures for months and given them to others to figure out to. No one can, which makes them miscalculated as far as I can see. Are there any accountants or mathematical wizards who would be prepared to take a look, and or offer advise?

Hiya dax

where you been missus, if its the hated B Finance your talking about,

today while looking thru old paperwork I found my original agreement with

them and they did rip me off big time when I redeemed...GC;)

Hi Groovy, yes it's the dresded 'B' I meant and i'm just sending letters off to the information commissioner (why not!) FISA and trading standards to get the ball rolling again..Though I will still be held up for weeks anyway through procedure no doubt, if they will be of sny help at all. Have you seen chriskings thread about Blemain too

Hi Groovy, yes it's the dreaded 'B' word I meant and i'm just sending letters off to the information commissioner (why not!) FISA and trading standards to get the ball rolling again..Though I will still be held up for weeks anyway through procedure no doubt, if they will be of any help at all. Have you seen chriskings thread about B too

Hi Midge

Have a look at the thread chrisking wrote also, the Blemain debate has opened up again there. I will call in the others to give updates too as you can see my oriogional thread was buried in the latter ones and feedback somewhat stopped. I had no more to add as im still trying to find a wizard to work out, how they work things out, Blemain style!

Hi dax

there must be loads more people out there with a complaint against the dreaded BF, where are they?

Blemain will be checking out this site and will ,no doubt know who we are

but I dont think they will be that bothered yet because we are but few, so IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT AGAINST BLEMAIN FINANCE PLEASE POST ON THIS SITE.:confused:

oh mi god, found this by accident am claiming bank charges back.

Took out a secured loan with blemain finance in September, they have failed to take any payment on dd have had to call them and make debit card payments. Have now sent 5 yes 5 dd mandates and they claim not to have received any of them. They are shocking. Have spokent to them on numerous occasions and the customer service people sound as if they are about 12 years old. Shocking company and am dismayed we have got involved with them. Am send yet another dd form to them so lets see if they actually take a payment...

Be carefull and keep any credit card payments made recorded by photocopying the card statements, clearly stating their name as having been paid. Dont be suprised if having paid them they then apply for payment by DD, potentially more than once. Either way, if your payments dont go in and are clear on the stipulated date on the contract. They will mount up arrears faster than you said 'who began it'. I made overpayments that were taken from my account and not even acknowledged by them on statements.Some months they doubled what was due. They never responded to letters and only sent print outs when I insisted. Even those didnt make sense. Be prepared to be laughed at! they find it all very amusing. If you have cause to dispute or discuss your account, make notes of names dates and telephone numbers as well as write down or record whats said.

Funny you should mention this. I had 2 payments go out of my account last Aug,bank say not them that both definately went to BF so write to them (in April)stating banks reply with transaction codes included and as of yet. So 3 weeks ago I put in a complaint to FOS but not had any word from them yet either!

Hiya dizzykate glad you found us, the more the merrier, I knew there would be more people in CAG who had complaints against blemain, please be warned this company is the worst financial company I have ever had any dealings with, Im ure in time more and more people will find this thread and post their complaints, good advise from dax you have to cover your back all the ay with these sharks...GC

Hi

Have had a reply from FOS today they say that as BF only came under their remit in April 2007 and the extra money was taken from my account in 2006 there is nothing they can do.

Will write another letter to BF but expect nothing and cc FISA not sure who else will help.

Peed off now as £250 is not a small amount and could really do with it.

Midge

Midge, they did me for double payments and nicked the money. I'm gonna pull them for every penny they took. As long as we all stick together and back eachother up, like groovy says, we can tackle them and give them a taste of their own medicine. We collectiviely find the loopholes their using and reverse it, by bringing it to light.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this. I have to agree, this company is awful in every way imaginable.

I've just re-mortgaged and got rid of a £15k secured load with them.

When my solicitor finalised the mortgage I noticed that Blemain have added £1800 in "collection charges".

Should I send an SAR with a letter to breakdown these charges?

Just found this. I have to agree, this company is awful in every way imaginable.

I've just re-mortgaged and got rid of a £15k secured load with them.

When my solicitor finalised the mortgage I noticed that Blemain have added £1800 in "collection charges".

Should I send an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) with a letter to breakdown these charges?

MOST CERTAINLY! They are penalty charges just like the banks

Shocking,

How can BF justify charging £1800 in collection charges, its just another way of stealing money from the consumer, they are clawing back as much as they can and cloaking the penalties by stating they are collection charges, Kipper did you pay by direct debit?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks