• Tweets

• Wait for more replies, but that letter to me can be interpreted as a letter before action. Ignoring it can have consequences. The court to impose sanctions for failure in responding to a letter of claim.
    • I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Blemain finance

dax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im following you, will be watching out for your progress and will post mine, Im starting by writing them a letter tomorrow asking for a full breakdown of their charges in layman terms and not the usual jargon that you need an IQ of 350 to understand, been ripped off to many times in the past by these people who pretend to 'help' you so going all the way with this 1

Ok Did a bit myself groovycaz.......found this already on the forum ......

If your secured loan is governed by CCA 1974 then s.95 (1) entitles you to a rebate of charges to credit.

http://www.passprotect.studio400 .me.uk/Consumer_Credit_Act_1974. PDF

The Consumer Credit (settlement Information) Regulations 1983 requires the creditor to give a statement of amount required to pay off the loan and how this was calculated. The Consumer Credit (Early Settlement) Regulations 2004 (see link below) regulates the calculations and these cannot be contracted out of to the detriment of the consumer (s.173(1) CCA). So an ERC would be classed contracting out of the Regulations to the detriment of the consumer. These Regulations only apply to loan agreements taken out since 31st May 2005:

The Consumer Credit (Early Settlement) Regulations 2004

If your loan was pre May 2005 the Consumer Credit (Rebate on Early Settlement) Regulations 1983 apply which contain the rule 78 which provides that creditors can charge upto six months interest on redemption. Anything over the 6 months interest would be regarded as a penalty and unenforceable..

However..Blemain Finance gave the Office Of Fair trading assurance in November 1997 that it would no longer use the rule of 78 when redeeming.

Thanks for the info dax, ive always thought in the back of my mind for years that this company ripped me off but didnt know what to do about it, spending the whole day today going over all my paperwork and regulations........my mission has began

did loads of digging out old letters over the weekend and ive never recieved an annual statement showing debits or credits or interest payments or anything at all regarding this loan. Even when I redeemed it early all I got was a redemption figure, nothing else, should'nt I have recieved something in the way of figures to show how they came to this calculation. I have sent off my letter today giving 14 days notice for them to provide me with this information and as I dont expect any response my before action letter is ready... Im seeing this one all the way:-D

Of course we should have had a breakdown of the redemption and of course we should have had statements. All mortgage lenders give statments dont they. I was living in another world then mentally and knew I was being taken for a ride. Any statement I got ( and only when I queried the payments id made as overpayments, never acknowledged) I got a silly printout that made no sense. I knew one day I would be out of my ruck and would go over stuff, which is what im doing. They did a loy more than just take my money and theyre not getting away with it. So ill be your bank buddy on this one groovy, because now I can.

Been awake since 4.30am just thinking about this over and over again dax, dont know if my situation is the same as yours as ive read that anything over £25k is regarded as a mortgage and under that amount is classed as a secured loan, because the house I was buying at the time was pretty run down and had been trashed, although I only paid £15k for it before the property boom the most I could raise was £7500 by these thieves so I had to pay the other half [which was towards the repairs]

and nearly had a breakdown in the process.

I'l have to do some research into wether or not I have the same rights, although it does state on my agreement that it is in fact a mortgage, after all 6 years ago you could buy a house in the north east for under 25K, my 1st house cost 17K and that was classed as a mortgage, im just not sure about this 1, anyway ive started the ball rolling by sending out a pretty firm letter to a guy called Howard Laddin who was the guy who replied to my letter in oct 03 and stated he was the redemptions manager have you had any dealings with him?

He is the group customer services manager, but also dealt with my letter I sent. I havent got the redemption letter at hand, so cant say he dealt with that, but he probably did.

Mine were secured loans too groovy but it does say mortgage on the contract. It says at the top: Credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 including legal mortgage of the property. I had three seperate loans with them. One for £5,300, one for, 15k and another for £20k. I repaid them back £54.000 in one lump apart of course from the monthly amounts already taken. I just wanted out....they were hell...

guess what dax mine says exactly the same as yours but christ [sorry] 54k thats a fortune compared to mine. I paid my £7500 loan off in 32 months and it cost me £13,565.30 and I thought that was bad. I hope you sue the thieving b******s and get back every penny they took from you, I cant respect any person who can take advantage of another in this way 'job or not'.

Ive been wondering what my solicitor was thinking when doing my conveyancing, I would have thought questions should have been asked when he was dealing with this company instead of accepting the redemption figure without question.

What the hell did I pay him for?

I said to my solicitor, check the figures before you pay out Blemain. He said yes they are correct, what he was really saying was, ive added up the total redemption figures and thats what they come to. Solicitors, the next set of thieves in the equation. It should have been the accountants job, but you know, like you, I was paying a brief and figured, he can do it.

Im not at Court proceedings yet groovy, but ill keep you updated on this thread. Ive sent off a letter of non compliance for the silly print off I recieved instead of understandable and clear statements of accounts, so we' ll see what comes next.

just been looking on the consumer credit act 1974 site, found out they brought in new regulations but a bit late for us, ive also called the durham trading standards departments so waiting for them to get back to me; they want me to fax over all my paperwork so you never know.

Im right into this now and have'nt been off this laptop since early hours and im self employed so god knows when im going to get any work done.

Its not just this one im onto ive just sent letters to 3 banks and 5 credit card companies claiming back over £8.000 in charges in the last 5 years,

Said I was on a mission, catch you later its my little boys nativity play at school now:o

Im back, been to the library and got some books in relation to the consumer credit act of 74, also heard back from trading standards who are sending me out any information they believe will help. Ive been advised to go to the Durham Universities law library where im told I can access books which are normally not for public viewing so I might find something there.

Hope you all had a lovely xmas and hope we all have a very happy new year with all our money back in our bank accounts from blemain finance;)

Gosh Groovy, that sounds like a trek and Law books will drive you bananas. Surely this info is on line with the Consumer Credit Act, didnt we already find it in one of the threads above.I know were in for a long haul with Blemain. I wouldnt know what to look for but im sure you know what your doing. Fill me in if you find any new stuff.

Hope you a had a fab xmas too and thats the plan for 2007, to just get back whats rightfully due...

Hi dax got some info from trading standards and by their information Blemain have committed several offences relating to my loan. By law they should have given to me in writing a 14 day cooling off period, never got that. A settlement statement within 12 working days following a customer request, never got that they gave me a figure over the phone.

The statement must contain a description of the agreement , sufficient to identify it, the name and postal address of the trader, the name and postal address of the customer, the total amount payable in order to settle the agreement early before deducting any rebate, a statement that any rebate calculated has been made with regard to the consumer credit [rebate on early settlement] regulations 1983 showing how the rebate was calculated using the appropriate appendix in the consumer credit act 1974, the net amount payable by the customer,the settlement date and a statement that it has been calculated in accordance with regulation 3 of the consumer credit [settlement Information] regulations of 1983.

Ive just noticed on my loan agreement that I signed the borrowers part, my solicitor signed the witness part but they left the lenders signature blank and they have't dated it, cant understand that bit

Cant believe it just messing around looking for info on Blemain Finance Group and typed their name into google and everything you want to know about them is there, pages and pages... Oh and the fantastic service they offer... happy reading:o

Hey Groovy, guess what, they didnt sign mine either ( the contract) and I also checked out the google link.Apparently theyre now members of the Finance Industry Association FISA and for the first time the Directors name appears, 'Marc Goldberg'. Check out their code of conduct. Im getting a highlighter pen, to mark everything they dont do, then writing to FISA to point it out.

Hey dax, makes good reading eh, cant see how they can get out of this one now. I think its a bit dodgy why no one signed our agreements, there has to be a reason for that, cant just be an oversight, wonder if they ever sign any?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks