• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Calling all BAYV Customers - Your help is required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a customer for a a few years now & have noticed a pattern forming with them. When I have paid off the 2 3rds of my purchase agreement they start bombarding me with phone calls asking me to buy something.I had a manager ring me 3 times pestering, the first time he rang he just said you can have something else so what do you want, I was that shocked I could barely speak & just told him nothing off the top of my head so he said I will ring back tomorrow which he did & again the day after.

I then started getting the letters & the brochures & then the collector started pestering.

I am not going to buy anything from them again, they want me to buy any thing so I will have to have a new agreement which will make everything I have bought from them stay there property no matter longer how long I have had it. I bought a tv 5 yrs ago & my lovely collector that has now left informed me that because I bought something else 2 years ago just before my agreement ended BAYV still own the TV.

Before Christmas I wanted a X Box for my grandson, I was asked to buy something else instead as they couldn't add it to my existing account as it can only be purchased over a short term. Why would I want something else instead just to add it to the agreement? Thats when it clicked I was nearing the 2 3rds mark where they will have to take me to court to get there goods back.

As for the recommend a friends leaflets I get the only recommendations I will be giving is Stay Away from them.

Hi there, I am sorry to hear that you have had some problems with us.

I have located your file and can assure you that our Customer Services Director is looking in to the issues you have raised and she will get back to you shortly.

The Regional Manager that you mentioned has contacted me directly as well.

Best regards

BAYV

Oh Please thanx for the response you must sit all day just replying to these posts to look like you are doing something about the disgusting service your company offers!! My 14 year old daughter was abused by your staff who still have their jobs !! sorry but its now june 21st i havent heard a peep from your company a customer service director or anyone so like with all other customers on here ill wait !! if you are actually concerned by the traumatic experiences of people who have your service then do something immeadiately as far as i see you employ cowboys who bully manipulate and steal from honest hardworking people your managers are good at talk but ineffective in resolving issues and frankly you havent said anything i havent heard before.

Oh Please thanx for the response you must sit all day just replying to these posts to look like you are doing something about the disgusting service your company offers!! My 14 year old daughter was abused by your staff who still have their jobs !! sorry but its now june 21st i havent heard a peep from your company a customer service director or anyone so like with all other customers on here ill wait !! if you are actually concerned by the traumatic experiences of people who have your service then do something immeadiately as far as i see you employ cowboys who bully manipulate and steal from honest hardworking people your managers are good at talk but ineffective in resolving issues and frankly you havent said anything i havent heard before.

Hi, you have made a number of serious accusations and unfortunatley I cannot investigate any of them unless I know who you are.

May I suggest that you go through the correct channels and contact the company directly indicating that you are the customer who has posted a complaint on this forum.

Your issues will then be dealt with by a member of the management team.

Best regards

BAYV

Totally agree with you . I believed that 2 people ,1 including myself who are in possession of hp agreements which bare 'alledged forged 'signatures on them ,of which have been brought to the attention of The Chief Executive himself ( Graham Clarke ) Regional Director ( Chris Webb ) and Chairman (Adrian Hill ) Have all ignored these concerns of signatures on agreements ,fact remains they do not care about their customers ,or complaints raised ,yet come onto these message boards stating to contact Buy As You View ,its even so that Graham Clarke agreed a meeting with a group of customers ,then declined and pulled out . Read on

We need you to telephone Buy As You View today! — Church Action on Poverty

Hi, you have made a number of serious accusations and unfortunatley I cannot investigate any of them unless I know who you are.

May I suggest that you go through the correct channels and contact the company directly indicating that you are the customer who has posted a complaint on this forum.

Your issues will then be dealt with by a member of the management team.

Best regards

BAYV

ummmm ,correct me if I am wrong ,but surely hire purchase agreements baring signatures not being the customers regardless of when they were taken out ,yet customers only became aware of these recently after applying for a subject access request is serious enough to look into . However BAYV shunned the letters .Yes ,myself and other customers went through the so called proper channels ,for what ????? to be shunned !!!!!

I am curious to know why the payment cards which detailed each purchase & the amount owing where replaced by just a receipt? I for one am not happy about this & would like a proper record of payments & what the balance owing is each time my collector calls.

Some info found on BBC website plus a few others...

BBC - Radio 4 You and Yours -Buy as You View

Rent-to-buy company BrightHouse massively overcharges the crunch-hit public | News Of The World

CSR case study - Buy as you View Ltd

buy as you view - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Buy as you view - Healthypages

buy as you view/dunraven finance----HELP [Archive] - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Buy as You View rejects television allegations; Consumers' Association launches investigation.(News) - Western Mail (Cardiff, Wales) | Encyclopedia.com

WalesOnline - News - Wales News - Personal records found on skip

DTI: 'The company is not covered by savings regulations' - Telegraph

Buy As You View / Dunraven Finance Complaints - Interst rates ,mis selling and bad customer liasons

Buy As You View Theft

Buy As You View Limited: Private Company Information - BusinessWeek

Buy As You View Limited: CEO & Executives - BusinessWeek

buy as you view/dunraven

Buy As You View - Blagger.com - The place to leave feedback and comments about companies you have used

Has any one used Buy as you View? | Community Site

This is all the links I've found in JUST 20 mins of looking on Google and I am sure there is MUCH MUCH MORE !

Will keep this updated as when I find more.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-111267313.html

Buy as you view [Archive] - Sheffield Forum

Xenius LCDX37WHD88 - Who Makes This TV & Wheres The Customer Support Website? - AVForums.com

I am curious to know why the payment cards which detailed each purchase & the amount owing where replaced by just a receipt? I for one am not happy about this & would like a proper record of payments & what the balance owing is each time my collector calls.

Does sound rather odd ,do they now send statements out to customers to include payments made and balances owing ?

Does sound rather odd ,do they now send statements out to customers to include payments made and balances owing ?

Well in all the time since it changing from payment card to receipts I haven't received a statement from them & to be honest the way BAYV word things it probably wouldn't make any sense.

I think a letter to them may be in order asking for an update on my account. I have all my contracts so I can work out roughing what is owing & I am sure a member of the family who is an accountant can work it all out for me.

I will be so glad when I can finally close the door on this company for the last time, I am putting £6 a day in the meter & get back roughly £60 per month but they still won't change the setting on my meter even to to an extra hour.

• 4 weeks later...

i read some of the posts on here and cant believe this company gets away with the half !! an update on mine my collector a new one i might add called last week told me the collector who abused my daughter had beeen sacked !! about time i say he had other people complaining . i thought then thats it resolved only to find he had on his hand held account thingy that my terms were 438 pounds per 8 weeks what ????? i told him no he said he would check it out but also that the arrears the manager for the northeast michael robinson had said he had sorted and cleared had been put on to the back of my account . unbelievable !! i am now writing to ask for my account details and stATEMENTS ETC as i feel this company just fobs off customers here and there and clearly the right arm dont know what the left is doing and frankly dont care!! whoever it is who replies on here from BAYV it dont take a genius to go through your customers and contact the names mentioned in these blogs to work out who we are does it ? Your empire is crumbling and soon your company will be exposed for its malpractice and dick turpin robbing ways of the vulnerable get anything off you again NEVER!!

this company has no real regards for there customers at all they sent me a solicitors letter,that seemed to be packed full of non factual nonsense supplied to them by b a y v senior staff.so called one side of the story and that was theres .im preparing my reply for the financial services ombudsman.

perhaps it is about time we stopped listening to the load of rubbish b a y v feed us on customer services .you have local trading standards.also the office of fair trading the financial services authority as well

perhaps going on the tv programme watchdog and sending the details to them they are intrested indeed.b a y v just play the same old record it is wearing a bit thin.

this company has no real regards for there customers at all they sent me a solicitors letter,that seemed to be packed full of non factual nonsense supplied to them by b a y v senior staff.so called one side of the story and that was theres .im preparing my reply for the financial services ombudsman.

perhaps it is about time we stopped listening to the load of rubbish b a y v feed us on customer services .you have local trading standards.also the office of fair trading the financial services authority as well

perhaps going on the tv programme watchdog and sending the details to them they are intrested indeed.b a y v just play the same old record it is wearing a bit thin.

Please email [email protected] with all complaints about this dodgy company ,the more the better as they need looking into

.. Facebook group ,interesting !!! . to quote from an ex employee ...

I used to work for BAYV, I was sacked after finding out that my line manager was signing customer agreements without their knowledge(fraud)they said I was sacked because I lost £20(which was found) I took them to tribunal and won my case. yet the line manager is still working for them. Work that one out!!!!!

I know of a few cases with the FOS now about Buy As You View . Mine being one of them

• 4 weeks later...
I am unsure why you have been told this if the origional product was new and we are unable to repair it. Then under the legislation we are bound to repalce with a model of similar make and specification.

Clearly it is not always possible to replace identical for identical but you should not have had a Xenius model.

I can only offer our sincere apology and if you would like to contact me directly on 01656 754 522. I will arrange for a suitable replacement.

Kind Regards

BAYV

Wheres our fixed tv then Mr BAYV, why give a customer a loan tv if you had no intention of fixing or replacing the one we had on HP from you?? surely you would of known that the accidental service cover was void before agreeing to fix it and giving the loan tv. any reputable company would check this before agreeing to anything? just goes to show what lengths you will go to worm your way out of situations , steer well clear of this company promise the world and deliver nothing LITERALLY

Mrb

I must say that I am somewhat disappointed with BAYV - in particular with the agreement the company made to respond to, deal with, and (more importantly) to provide feedback and closure to this forum.

I also note that when BAYV first registered here, we (CAG) were assured that all responses from BAYV would be from director level within the company. This, at first, appeared to be the case, but I note the most recent post (16th July) is from someone called "Becky" who "...works for BAYV..." ?

BAYV were last logged into this forum on Friday 13th August (presumably reading threads?) Perhaps a formal response to the unanswered questions (and unresolved complaints) contained within this thread are long overdue, BAYV?

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

Buy As You View ,are and will continue to be rip off merchants . I paid thousands of pounds into the company over the years ,any fool can see that a contract I hold and one my sister holds were not signed by ourselves ,but that of an employee of Buy As You View ,Only by chance we came across these after asking for a subject access request . I know for a fact that employees are still signing customer agreements ,and goodness knows how many agreements not baring the customer's signature have gone unnoticed by the customers . The Financial Ombudsman Service could not take on our 2 cases as it was longer that 6 years . They have got away with miss selling warranty to me and my sister over the years ,and are still doing it to people now . At least with companys like family vision in wales each item purchased goes onto a new agreement and is paid for separate on a customer's payment card ,so the goods are the property of the customers as soon as you finished paying for an item ,unlike robbing company Buy As You View ,who add goods on goods ,interest upon interest .DO NOT USE BUY AS YOU VIEW ,no matter how desparate for goods you may be

Ok so here is a update, I have been constantly trying, begging, pleading to get BAYUV to look at my case and how much money they have and are taking of a LOW INCOME BASED FAMILY, the response is always the same Notably from Chris Webb who after many hours of discussions didn't seem to get the picture ! whilst continuously shoving the company line down my throat on how HIS agents wouldn't do this and wouldn't do that ! and that Agents are NOT pepped to not inform customers of purchase agreements or policy's not needed, ALL 6 Agents who have come to my home have ALL said that as I was a customer for more then 2 years after taking out a purchase agreement on a 47 inch Hitachi Cost £2700 including finance, over 3 years. NO MORE ! then 2 years later after requesting a new item for my eldest son, I was NOT informed the item would EXTEND my Tv Contract, then sometime longer I had another item a Laptop for my Wife, and STILL NO INFORMED it would extend my Tv contract ! I asked my Agent sometime later if the Tv was almost paid, I was then told NO it will not be paid until 2012 meaning at £200 every 8 weeks id have paid over £6000 pounds for a Tv !!! WHERE THE F$%£ is the decency in this ? there isn't any, and when I called Trading Standereds they referred it to Bridgend who then contacted BAYV to inform them of my complaints and issues, Now BAYV now sat that never happened ! They Lie, They Steal, They Cheat and they don't give a flying F%&$ about you, only money for the Shareholders who own BAYV ( notably 3 City Banks in London ! ) Dunraven Finance are one and the same company ! and operate out of the same building as BAYV all Moneys go then to BAYV Holdings who then distribute it to the City Banks notably SHAREHOLDERS ! that's why we cant get no action, response and why they don't give a flying toss about you me or them !

As of now they refuse to talk to me, they wont listen, this is making me seriously ill, I have M.E and I am under going serious therapy and treatment and yet though they have been informed they don't care and continue. Linda Davies rang me today and basically shouted me down told me I should go back to Trading Standereds as BAYV have looked into my case and as far as they are concerned its perfectly acceptable to charge me £6000 pounds for a Tv ! WTF !!!

Do we live in such a world where it is ok for a major corporation to rip off extort steal lie and cheat its very customers who made it what it is today ?

Why does no one look at this company and take note of their actions, how they speak how they act ?

Why doesn't the common man/woman have a right to information, access to services that can stop this company ?

Well you do, its called the National Press and its time we ALL called them informed them told them EVERYTHING because its only then when we do as such that suddenly someone takes notice of this company and begins to place pressure on them to correct all they do and have done !

Bright house did the same.. look what happened to them !

Ivew spoken to the People today and they are now investigating BAYV AGAIN for the third time !!

The News Of The World are running a story soon on their own Investigation and I have sent them all the details of my case and the links to here and the Facebook page !

Watchdog are appealing for information as we speak and I have sent them all my Information.

You have many outlets, use them an use them now !

Because this company is not going to do a single thing !

Its not in their interests to do anything !

Coincidently I have a question: If you have paid more then 3qrts of a purchase agreement on a item does that mean they are unable to take the item back ? and what can they do in regards to this item ?

I presume as 3qrts has been paid it becomes the persons property and they the said company have to take a settlement for it ? be it in one lump sum or through payments !

Please to clarify,.

Many thanks to you all !

Why choose to be normal when life is so much different from a abnormal view. M.D.S.

Hi Haywood ja Givemeabreak

It is so very easy to get mad with situations such as yours - and quite rightfully so. However, you do seem to be doing the right thing and taking a step back and allowing others (with more "clout" than yourself) have a go...

Please PM me and I will put you in touch with a BBC1 producer who is currently making a program exposing the wrong-doings within the "weekly payment store" market... BBC TV would be VERY interested to speak with you.

Coincidently I have a question: If you have paid more then 3qrts of a purchase agreement on a item does that mean they are unable to take the item back ? and what can they do in regards to this item ?

I presume as 3qrts has been paid it becomes the persons property and they the said company have to take a settlement for it ? be it in one lump sum or through payments !

Please to clarify,.

After having paid more than one third (33%) of all payments due on a hire purchase agreement, the goods then become of "protected" status. This means that, whilst they still do not belong to you, the owner of the goods (BAYV, BrightHouse etc) cannot reposses them WITHOUT A COURT RETURN ORDER. The goods are NEVER at any time your property. They will only become your property after all payments have been made, and ownership of the goods has been transferred.

If "protected" goods are repossessed without a return order (and against your will) you have the legal right to claim back all payments previously made on the agreement.

You should also be aware that NO employee (or agent of) BAYV, BrightHouse etc EVER has the right to forcibly enter your home - even armed with a return order. (A return order is made by a court which orders YOU to return the goods, or to make them available for collection.)

Hope this helps

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks