please can someone help me figure out if welcomes figures are correct?

donkey123

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok welcome have just sent me a final demand even though i sent them a letter which stated the account was in dispute and as such they had to stop processing my account until it was resolved. it seems from the previous letter they have ignored everything except for the ppi complaint

welcome dont seem to cease collection activity despite accounts being in dispute another bout of 'law unto themselves' me thinks

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

it appears that they are allowed to continue with collection activity thanks to the high court ruling :( what they cannot do is enforce i.e take you to court

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

You could write to the lewis group and state that your account is in dispute with Welcome Finance, they should refer the matter back to them as you clearly are awaiting the PPI claim outcome and as such are not in a position to pay them off, especially the final demand. Send TLG all copies of your letters and ask for a copy of their official complaints process, its not that you will complain of course but it sets doubt in their minds!

no but it says they might send someone to your door to collect in person

That is Enforcement! Still not Allowed to do that Legally, until court Orders it So!!!

As beyondhope says, since the Manchester Test Case Rulings, they can now carry out collections, they can record defaults with CRA`s etc. but they can not Enforce any of it.

In my opinion when you get to Court they still need the Original Agreement.

They can produce a Copy made from any other info they have about the Agreement in question, in reply to CCA Request or SAR. For Court they will still need to produce the Original Signed and Executed Document, to even begin to Enforce.

I may be totally wrong in my Interpretation of what is being said in the thread linked in my last post. It does seem to me though that this is what the ` Big Gun`s ` who are discussing the Manchester Cases have decided the Judge was Allowing.

Read the thread. There is No Need for Panic!!! In fact it seems that the Ruling may have helped Consumers in many ways!!!:)

Cheers, MARK

Point also being should they attempt court which in itself is highly unlikely given their fragile state that is when you defend with all the crap you have on them or start a counter claim with the same crap :)

Im sifting my way through it slowly thanks mark :)

Donkey, you are right, can't take possessions without a court order but they can ask for payment, its just the way they have phrased it but the visits shouldn't be any different initially than the Welcome ones, (i.e. Can we have some money? why not? Can you do an Income and Expediture, ok well we know where you live), like I said if there is a dispute then TLG may jusy want to bounce it back to Welcome

Donkey, you are right, can't take possessions without a court order but they can ask for payment, its just the way they have phrased it but the visits shouldn't be any different initially than the Welcome ones, (i.e. Can we have some money? why not? Can you do an Income and Expediture, ok well we know where you live), like I said if there is a dispute then TLG may jusy want to bounce it back to Welcome

Good to see you are around Major! Pm`d you the other day! Bit worried that I hadn`t seen any posts from you for a while!

Cheers, MARK

• 2 weeks later...

ok welcome sent me a letter telling me to refer to their previous letter as they were still investigating my complaint and would get back to me within four weeks. is this normal or are they stalling for time?