• Tweets

• This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Vet misdiagnosis

James31
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

James I just re-read your last update post. I know a researcher in Australia who has written expert submissions re vaccination protocols etc to the RCVS and she has never received one reply. I also note that you mentioned the "only reason they may get interested" is if it's a sex/drug matter. I doubt that they are interested in criticising any of the drugs used in vaccinations though because of their research links/relationship/money. I am already expecting a pat answer from them. I also agree that I expect to stay angry for a long time as the injustice of Saffi's death interferes with the grieving, doesn't it?! The RCVS should tighten up it's Code of Conduct - and also make it mandatory for vets to keep up to date with their professional education. Their relationship to Pharmas & Food Companies also need to be examined as then we may understand the conflict of interests that go on and who is the priority? Often, it's not our pets I'm afraid.

This surgery doesn't offer you anyting unless you are privately insured - that is something else that has become apparent. They are terrified that the 'average person' won't pay their bill....!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sensus. I have a smiliar problem my cat died afer going to the vets for an x ray they sedated here she then reversed it she went into severe breathig difficulty and she died that night when I was trying to get her to a pet hospital from the vets. I tried looking into lawyers but was told animals in the uk are treated as chattel and therefor one can only sue for cost of new pet and costs at vet unlike in the usa where u can sue for the loss. You could prsue them but it may cost alot of money or that is what I was told and then you have to get another vets opinion. As far as I have been comcerend my vet lied through his teeth and have lodged complaint with the RCVS but its a laborious task and only at tier one. vet has disputed all my complaints so I now have to respond to that. you can try that avenue but as sensus says justice may not be served. I dont now the outcome of mine yet but I have come to realsie all the vets stick together and even like I did if you got anyother opinion they would not go agaisnt another vet. I had to fight for 6 weeks even to get cop[ies of the x rays but you can demand those now under the data protection act 1998 section 13.5 they have to release all notes etc to you.

Hi JerBean. So sorry you last your precious cat too. It is very hard for us isn't it. That's odd re the clinical notes. It was about six weeks ago when I first asked and didn't receive a reply. Then I checked the RCVS Code of Conduct and found out that they had to give you the notes and yes I saw the 13.5 Data Protection advice too. Thanks for that. They tried to phone me yesterday but I sent them an email to tell them I wanted them to email rather than phone me! They left a message to say that they wanted me to pick up the notes from the surgery as they 'don't like sending them' ....? Not sure about any of that! However I agree with you. They do back each other up and lie if necessary. I was given similar advice by a solicitor. I am trying to get hold of expert opinions anyway because like you, I still feel the need to pursue them because it is so wrong that they continue to get away with this and with no recourse because "animals aren't valued" .....Hypocritical really considering we are always going on about how much we love our animals in the UK. Good luck to you.

Dear Sensus I found you this http://www.alexanderchambers.co.uk/rowan-morton

The RCVS are theregulatory body for vets and they do investigate cases, but you are right onlyabout 10% make it past their first tier, which I think is a resource problem.THey only investigate gross misconduct. An independent vet report would involvea vet trained in legal issues who would look at the patient history, considerwhether the actions of the vet in question fell below the standard of a reasonablycompetent vet, and whether the decisions taken fell outside those that areasonable body of vets would take. You could go to small claims..The fees for small claims are on the justice.gov website. It dependson the value of your claim. I am spending all my energy right now in trying to egt justice thru the RCVS bit dont hold out much hope. I have spent 10 days full on so far writting my reubutall to the vets reponse its emotionally and stressful and upsetting reading all the lies in the clinical notes! However we have to fight vets shoudl not get away with killing our beloved pets. march on or as Vhurchill said we will fight on the beaches, we will fight in the air we wil never surrender! :-) good luck let me know how you get on please

Dear JerBean; I feel the same way about the RCVS However it is important that we inform them isn't it, even though it is so exhausting. I do agree. It always seems to be more about cover up than wanting to improve the Profession. Thank you for those links :) really appreciate it - I know how much hard work goes into all this research. I seem to have been doing it for a solid two & half months already but you are right. We should fight because it is so wrong that they just get away with it. Most people don't complain - just like Serious Adverse Events to drugs & vaccs aren't reported! Getting hold of evidence from other vets is one thing, but then they find 'other vets' who will be complicit in the cover up and we get nowhere. I was thinking of small claims to cover my hospital bill of £3,800 but I really want an apology and for them to admit their shoddy practices and the seriousness and tragedy of what they have done. I will let you know. We will keep in touch. (I don't know how this forum works really as I've just joined but I seem to be getting an email when you have answered so that's good.

:-) good luck to you too....!!

Senus, I'm sorry you lost your reply! That's very frustrating isn't it. Was Saffi having regular blood analysis? One thing we learned from our Cat Lady, was to make sure that we always do geriatric blood testing in future at least once a year once our cats get older. I'm wondering if perhaps Saffi had an underlying confidition which had gone unnoticed. If there had been blood tests, then you may well be able to rule some things out and make your case stronger.

If you haven't done so already, I would send a Subject Access Request letter to the vet. Assuming you haven't, here's the body text from the letter I sent to my vet in order to get everything. This is a little different to the usual because after reading the RCVS Guide to Prof Conduct, Part 2A (7) seemed pertinent. Since then, they've updated their guide and the relevant clause is now contained within secton 13.6

http://www.rcvs.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/code-of-professional-conduct-for-veterinary-surgeons/pdf/

Section 13.6 is on page 63. It reads (in part):

At the request of a client,

veterinary surgeons must provide copies of any relevant clinical and client records, including

radiographic images and similar documents

Again, if it was me, I'd also send a Subject Access Request to the RVC Hospital AND the Vet Med Directorate (you can email them for this apparently, at [email protected] but I would send it signed for to all three - the vet, the RVC hosp and the vet med dir).

I won't harp on too much in case you've already done this. But in any case, here was my letter (I've updated the section ref):

Dear Vet

Under Section 7(1) of the Data Protection Act 1998 and in line with Section 13.6 of the RCVS Guide to Professional Conduct, I request that you send copies by return of:

1) All invoices raised against consultations and treatment for [cat name].

2) Copies of all test results

3) Full medical record for [cat name]

3) Any other contemporaneous notes you may have.

I have enclosed a cheque for £10 as required by law to satisfy this subject access request. Under the act, you have 40 days to supply this information. Failure to supply the requested information will result in a court order being obtained against you to comply with the request.

Finally, please make any further correspondence in writing and not by telephone.

If you haven't done this yet and in doing so, you obtain the medical history for Saffi, be warned that it can make for an upsetting read so set aside some time for it and don't be alone when you read it.

James

Hi James. yes it was annoying when I lost my first draft. However .....in reply to your 'helpful hints' :) I did find the relevant sections about obtaining the notes and sent it to them in my second email which brought a response! However your letter is helpful because I didn't see the bit about £10 fee or the failure to comply statement so could be handy. At the moment the surgery is trying to speak to me on the phone about it but I have emailed them and told them I want everything in writing. (ie no telepone calls) - I did put this as politely as I could manage! But a question: They are trying to tell me that they can't post them out and that I have to go in and collect? Does that ring true to you? Re the VMD: I will reconsider the VMD again. I spoke to them again last week and they told me that it was the Pharma Company who first reported it (the vet reported it to the Pharma). They said that I wouldn't be able to access the assessment report because the Pharma has the right to keep it confidential!! They suggested that I ring them but didn't think I'd have much hope of getting anything out of them. Regarding Saffi's bloods. No he wasn't having any regular bloods. It's a very interesting point and I will take it on board. He seemed to be in the peak of health and enjoying life (which I know can be deceptive) but his tests were so thorough during his week in hospital and they didn't uncover anything of a 'sick' nature. However they did uncover a heart murmur which they insisted had nothing to do with the ascites. (maybe debatable - waiting for another opinion on that one). Nevertheless the vet should have picked that up before the vaccs if he was following protocol. I am a little bit wary of what I may see in his clinical notes from the surgery and I thank you for your consideration and I will have someone with me.....for sure!!!! :-) ps I have just found out about another vet who left this surgery because of her concerns and it may be we can get some help from her. Fingers crossed!

The collection sounds like rubbish to me. You made the request, they have your address, they should post it IMO. However, for the sake of moving things forward, I'd ensure it was ready and arrange to collect if it helps the cause. Another black mark for them, not cooperating fully.

On the drug company, if some truly unexpected event occurred and was directly associated with the meds, then assuming that the drug was administered correctly and of the correct dose, Saffi was in a fit state and suitable and of the correct weight, etc, etc, etc, then that is probably a dead end in terms of the vet being to blame. But there is still nothing to lose in formally requesting the info from them.

I'll be honest, it's a long road for you. It takes many hours of letter writing and many weeks in-between responses. I think the reason I got so far along the road was because I was willing to do investigation myself (something RCVS seem very unwilling to do) and I then went through their Guide to Prof Con and noted each and every point that I could in order to help the case - so that they couldn't just ignore it. I even threatened to take RCVS to court on more than one occasion which did get things moving when they otherwise had come to a halt!

Ultimately, all we ever wanted was an apology from the vet and to learn the truth. In the end we got neither and it took over a year. I suspect the same is true for you. There's a big difference between an honest vet who is willing to hold their hands up and admit they made a mistake and one which denies everything. It just makes you want justice for the sake of your puss.

Get the notes and take it from there. For us, they were quite revealing in parts and very useful even though they'd been edited. And importantly, see if you can get the notes from RVC that they had sent to them from your vet. You can use them to compare against the ones direct from your vet and make sure they are the same.

Lastly, it's against the rules for one vet to bad-mouth another. So, if you do manage to gain anything from the one who left, be careful what you do with the info as you could get them into trouble. Our "real" vet did reveal information candidly, but I did nothing with it.

Thanks James. Yep, just as I thought. They could just post them but as I say, I will go along. I have already been doing this for two months, 24/7....! I've worked as a health professional most of my life and this is a combination of drugs that are used for vaccinations that really don't have solid research evidence; pets are being 'over-vaccinated' and the rules in USA & other countries have been altered to improve safety. The drug companies know all this. However this vet didn't follow protocol in any measure. He didn't give Saffi a thorough health check before the vacc. then when Saffi already evidence that his immune defence had failed from the first injection (hence the ascites) he ignored my warning and vaccinated him again!! Then they didn't act to administer antihistamines or anything (I know this after the event of course) and allowed time to go by whilst his condition worsened and offered him nothing...!! I kept pushing but they did nothing. (The vacc. drugs weren't necessary and one was given that wasn't due for another 12 months at the very least)

I will get the handover notes though - that is a very very good idea. Though I know the vet did send my email in which I had suggested it was a SAR. so he was open enough to do that. Lastly (as you say) I would keep that information completely & utterly confidential. The same as I would do in my own profession. We are only collecting inforation at this stage. Just as you say - and it takes a long time I agree. I have already read many pages of the RVCA Code of Conduct and intend to do the same as you. So hard isn't it?! But like you again, I will continue to strive to obtain some form of justice because it is so wrong....

Keep going as I am with the RCVS I am only at tier 1 so who knows if it wil go any further. small claims is another otion oor a solicitor that deals with pet negligence. The vets however all seem to watch each others backs to hard to get them to testify against each other. good luck I will keep you informed this end!

Thanks JerBean. That was a very interesting link you sent regarding the lawyers. I will contact them. I have spoken to one already who advised me it is difficult to win cases against vets - even in the small claim court because they still want expert reports. But just as you said, they back each other up so even if you have a couple of expert reports they will have another and it's difficult to win against that. Also the courts "aren't interested in animals, only in money" (which I believe you have also been told) However, I am still thinking about my options but I am certain that I will be doing the RVC complaint. The vet surgery informed me today that they are posting all the clinical notes to me today. I'm not expecting everything to be complete though.